Gun and knife murders up in UK... so much for gun bans preventing murders lol

News about crime against others is bad but crime against me becomes urgent enough to trust .45 more than 911.

Haha the wife made an interesting point, it may be great to live in a country where they are free to hand out guns in cornflakes boxes but watch the outcry if he tries to hand out a box of condoms.

Hate to tell you but every firearm that he "hands out" goes through a BATFE 4473 Background Review. He's also a FFL Dealer. Which means that every firearm he sells must be recorded in a bound book that can be reviewed by BATFE when ever they want.

That's Federal Law and the BATFE is the Federal law Enforcement Agency that enforces the following laws. Acohol, Tobacco, Firearms, & Explosives. Hence why they're called BATFE. The 4437 Form is a three page questioner that both the buyer and the seller must fill out. After that a call is placed to NCIC (National Crime Instant Check) and the State Version. That is also federal law.

If you have the following you cannot own a firearm. And these factors do pop up in a NCIC Check.
  • Anyone who has been convicted in any court of, a felony punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year, excluding those crimes punishable by imprisonment related to the regulation of business practices.
  • Anyone who is a fugitive from justice.
  • Anyone who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
  • Anyone who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
  • Any alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa. The exception is if the nonimmigrant is in possession of a valid hunting license issued by a US state.
  • Anyone who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
  • Anyone who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship.
  • Anyone that is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
  • Anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
  • A person who is under indictment or information for a crime (misdemeanor or felony) punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year cannot lawfully receive a firearm. Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information, and if cleared or acquitted can receive firearms without restriction.
In the end not everyone that buys a car there can get a gun.

Haha the wife made an interesting point, it may be great to live in a country where they are free to hand out guns in cornflakes boxes but watch the outcry if he tries to hand out a box of condoms.

Good point. I suppose they see it as a few lives, verses a million potential ones, however does that make one a murderer if they don't have sex! It all gets rather absurd. :smil:

Some might see it as a good point - others might see it as a cheap shot, on both issues.:roll:

5.56. good post, number 24.

Well to further spin you up, and feel sorry for us poor unschooled , uncouth Americans.

In the State of Missouri (where this dealer is located) it is legal for an adult 21 years and older. To carry in their vehicle or vehicle under their control a loaded and concealed firearm. Without CCW permit.

I'd have to check the Highway Patrol data base but I can't remember the last time I heard of a "road rage " incident involving a firearm in recent memory.

Well to further spin you up, and feel sorry for us poor unschooled , uncouth Americans.

In the State of Missouri (where this dealer is located) it is legal for an adult 21 years and older. To carry in their vehicle or vehicle under their control a loaded and concealed firearm. Without CCW permit.

I'd have to check the Highway Patrol data base but I can't remember the last time I heard of a "road rage " incident involving a firearm in recent memory.

Right - not a good place to practice 'road rage' I reckon - not advisable at all. That little old lady might just get you right between the eyes.

Nice one Justin!

Here is another beauty springing from the incompetence of the authorities who have removed weapons from our law-abiding population.

Now I must admit that I have my own question, a sinister one, regarding this case. Considering the players, the numbers, the finance, and the weaponry involved here, are armed Asian militia being covertly established in our midst? (Don't laugh - they said Van Gogh was mad, they said Rasputin was mad, they said Harry the Mallet was mad. Who was Harry the Mallet? My uncle - he WAS mad) But I pose this as a legitimate question in this case; I believe it should be confronted.

ONLY 'greed and criminal intent' - I really wonder.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oon-used-family-fortune-fund-arms-racket.html

Last edited:
As the bumper sticker says, "Keep honking, I'm reloading."

Not really a wise quote Justin,... that's the type of attitude that is the root cause of half of the USA's gun crime problem. I would hardly be proud of it, much less quote it in defence of one's rights to keep and bear arms.

In my mind it does no more than prove the unsuitability of the person displaying the sticker to own a firearm. Firearms, and redneck attitudes are not really the way to go.

It's just a joke, and a reminder to the guy behind to calm down. Nothing to throw a fit at there. Just humour that's all. Top timing too.:thumb:

It wasn't supposed to be anything in particular. Just something that I thought i'd say.

I understand that Justin, however I feel it is not a really good example of common sense, especially when it feeds the trolls in this thread.

It merely highlights the attitudes that have led to the US having the worlds highest rate of firearms related crime, per capita, for a first world country. With gun related homicides being not double but six to seven times higher than the next highest country. It's not really something that should be encouraged or made a joke of.

I enjoy using firearms as much as anyone, and certainly more than a lot of people, but I don't allow my personal preferences to colour my view of reality.

Umm I think you misunderstand, she is American or was, in a few months that apparently will cease to be.

However for the record she has a "thing" about Missouri and regards it as a backward almost "hillbilly" state (its a long and amusing story), I on the other hand rate it as one of the most eye pleasing states in the country and had some great times in Mount Vernon and Springfield. Wouldn't want to live there but sure as hell would want to go back some day.

Not really a wise quote Justin,... that's the type of attitude that is the root cause of half of the USA's gun crime problem. I would hardly be proud of it, much less quote it in defence of one's rights to keep and bear arms.

In my mind it does no more than prove the unsuitability of the person displaying the sticker to own a firearm. Firearms, and redneck attitudes are not really the way to go.

Hehe I don't know I think its rather funny although I guess thats one of the advantages of living in a country without a gun problem.
:)

Last edited:
Hehe I don't know I think its rather funny although I guess thats one of the advantages of living in a country without a gun problem.
Talking of hillbillies, here's one of my US relations, aged 26 years.
Alton_Mullins.jpg

Incidentally, he was shot to death only a few hours after this photo was taken, at the Knott Co. Ky. elections in 1934, his name was Alton Mullins.

He wasn't the first of the family to go that way, and no doubt wasn't the last. My relations were some of the more infamous characters of SE Kentucky during "the feuds".

I understand that Justin, however I feel it is not a really good example of common sense, especially when it feeds the trolls in this thread.

It merely highlights the attitudes that have led to the US having the worlds highest rate of firearms related crime, per capita, for a first world country. With gun related homicides being not double but six to seven times higher than the next highest country. It's not really something that should be encouraged or made a joke of.

I enjoy using firearms as much as anyone, and certainly more than a lot of people, but I don't allow my personal preferences to colour my view of reality.

Should seen the trolls coming from a mile away, my bad. And eow..... I didn't know it was that bad.....

Talking of hillbillies, here's one of my US relations, aged 26 years.
Alton_Mullins.jpg

Incidentally, he was shot to death only a few hours after this photo was taken, at the Knott Co. Ky. elections in 1934, his name was Alton Mullins.

He wasn't the first of the family to go that way, and no doubt wasn't the last. My relations were some of the more infamous characters of SE Kentucky during "the feuds".

What happened the "getaway donkey" wasn't fast enough?

Sorry couldn't resist.

At least if he was British they would have just sent him to Australia.

Ok I will stop now.

Besides I doubt I could trace my family tree outside the immediate bunch, being a Kiwi we are not a nostalgic bunch, the wife on the other hand has books on her family going back hundreds of years.

Last edited:
Looks like another case of road rage to me. (with apologies):smile:

Back on topic. Forget that misleading 'troll' nonsense just posted, and take a look at 5.56's video on the 'Gun control in the UK' thread, before being bull-dozed.

Last edited:
What happened the "getaway donkey" wasn't fast enough?

Sorry couldn't resist.

At least if he was British they would have just sent him to Australia.

Ok I will stop now.

Besides I doubt I could trace my family tree outside the immediate bunch, being a Kiwi we are not a nostalgic bunch, the wife on the other hand has books on her family going back hundreds of years.

The donkey obviously had more sense and high tailed it back home. I guess poor old Alton found out the hard way that having a firearm doesn't necessarily mean that you are protected, and that if he didn't have a firearm, he prolly would have rode ol' Applejack back home.

Everyone was armed in the backwoods in those days and approximately 8% of my kin were killed or wounded as a result of it. One of them (Alton's Gt, Gt. Uncle) broke the mould,... he was hung. "Bad Talt" Thomas Talton Hall who was the first man hung in Wise Co. Virginia.

Yup,... I come from good stock.

Last edited:
Back