GOP will hold the House and Senate

I think Mark Davis is on the money. Republicans shouldn't be so disheartened even if we are stuck with Bush for two more years.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...rkdavis_01edi.ART.State.Edition1.3e5189b.html

There are many of us that don't feel that we are stuck with PRESIDENT Bush. He was actually the man that won the last two elections, that means that he was chosen by the people.

Something that most of the two parties don't realize, it doesn't matter who we have in elected offices, they are all about the same when it comes to honesty and also the same when it comes to being influenced by lobbyists.

If the democrats win a few offices, the world will not change. Should a democrat be elected President next election the world will not notice as may think they would. I am biased in my beliefs as I think the democrats have less on the ball when it comes to national defense. That might be due to the fact that more republicans that are in office and that run for office have been in the military. There is a pattern to the democratic method of governing just as there is a pattern to the republican method. We go away from defense during the democratic administrations and toward defense during republican administrations.

Now what about Gen Clark Senior Chief? Would you vote for that democrat were he to run again?

I think the GOP will hold both houses, they hold too much of an advantage and statistically there is very little change in a mid-term election, usually around ten new seats selected, total, both houses.

The same person who said only an idiot which go on the Colbert Report despite the fact that 25/25 Congressman who appeared on the Colbert Report and were up for re-election were elected this time around. This elections was a referendum on Colbert, not the President, and Colbert won overwhelmingly!

The same person who said only an idiot which go on the Colbert Report despite the fact that 25/25 Congressman who appeared on the Colbert Report and were up for re-election were elected this time around. This elections was a referendum on Colbert, not the President, and Colbert won overwhelmingly!

Look deeply into my eyes - - - - IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII iiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Do you see anyone that cares about Colbert?

When I look into the mirror I see nothing but people who care, which is probably not a strong enough word, about Colbert, and you should too.

BT-stewartcolbert-gallery_artwork_thumb-1102.jpg

Fact of the matter is that Stewart and Colbert have the 18-25 year old demographic locked down, given how close elections have been lately candidates should not be so quick to dismiss The Daily Show and Colbert Report, they may not be real news programs (even though they "report" the same stories as the media and are usually about as unbiased in their presentation.) but they have a heavy impact on that demographic. Why do you think McCain is so popular amongst the younger voters? He's been a regular on the Daily Show.

When I look into the mirror I see nothing but people who care, which is probably not a strong enough word, about Colbert, and you should too.

Fact of the matter is that Stewart and Colbert have the 18-25 year old demographic locked down, given how close elections have been lately candidates should not be so quick to dismiss The Daily Show and Colbert Report, they may not be real news programs (even though they "report" the same stories as the media and are usually about as unbiased in their presentation.) but they have a heavy impact on that demographic. Why do you think McCain is so popular amongst the younger voters? He's been a regular on the Daily Show.

You missed the point completely. Their credibility with forcasting means nothing to me. This country will survive regardless of who is in office, it is not worth my time to be overly concerned about who Billy Joe and Bubba think are going to win.

The guys that win elections are found out for sure after the election, that is good enough for me.

I think people that predict the outcomes are more of a detriment to our society than a help. If someone hears that the winner will be candidate A and they were going to vote for candidate B they might not vote and thus these guys are dicking with the process when they shouldn't be.

Just my opinion, but I think all polls and predictions should be eliminated from the election process. That way the guys running don't have the opportunity to let down and try to coast.

These guys (the elected) all work for me now and I will hold them accountable for their jobs, same as before.

candidates should not be so quick to dismiss The Daily Show and Colbert Report, they may not be real news programs (even though they "report" the same stories as the media and are usually about as unbiased in their presentation.) but they have a heavy impact on that demographic. Why do you think McCain is so popular amongst the younger voters? He's been a regular on the Daily Show.

You're kidding me right, you actually think they are not biased???? First off they are comedians, second they focus on making fun not reporting the news.

Finally people who think the NEWS media is supposed to change the world are very wrong, the NEWS media is supposed to report on the people changing the world.

If anyone takes those shows seriously they need to slap themsleves repeadetly and come back to reality...

Then again I was at Home Depot the other day and saw a flag waver in front of a forklift that had flashing lights and a loud buzzer, I guess we are all just doomed....

A.) They do cover the same stories.
B.) They are just as unbiased as the rest of the media. (If you still think I am saying the Daily Show and Colbert are unbiased, turn your head to the right 90 degrees and read it again. If you STILL think I am saying these two shows are unbiased slam your head in a car door.)

The media is like any other company in America, in the end they are trying to sell you something at maximum profit and care little about the accuracy of what they report.

Last edited:
A.) They do cover the same stories.
B.) They are just as unbiased as the rest of the media. (If you still think I am saying the Daily Show and Colbert are unbiased, turn your head to the right 90 degrees and read it again. If you STILL think I am saying these two shows are unbiased slam your head in a car door.)

The media is like any other company in America, in the end they are trying to sell you something at maximum profit and care little about the accuracy of what they report.

That is NOT what the media is supposed to do and the Daily Show and Colbert do not follow the same guidelines as a proffesional news media outlet. For example they are not going to retract something since they most likely reported it wrong for the humor there show intends.

Last edited:
That is NOT what the media is supposed to do and the Daily Show and Colbert do not follow the same guidelines as a proffesional news media outlet. For example they are not going to retract something since they most likely reported it wrong for the humor there show intends.

Mainstream media and commedians have virtually the same basis for their acts. To garner attention and pad their pocketbooks.

Facts are never prevalent when news is reported and is often twisted towards the liberal side of the house. Commedians at least make you laugh, at times, when they are twisting facts to make a point.

I just find it very scary when people try to mix entertainment with news. Albeit that it is a losing battle their still must be a distinction between the two and when people start looking to fake news programs on the comedy channel for their source of news we are in a very troubled state...

I just find it very scary when people try to mix entertainment with news. Albeit that it is a losing battle their still must be a distinction between the two and when people start looking to fake news programs on the comedy channel for their source of news we are in a very troubled state...

I remember the good old days when news reporters, written and microwave, were honest and unbiased. They would report the news and leave the impact of what it means to us for us to determine based on our beliefs and understanding of the system.

It is sickening to see the news now days when the only real requirement for integrity is that the women are not naked while on screen. I watch two female reporters during Hurricane Katrina laughing and giggling while they were reporting the disaster. Maybe naked would make it easier to watch when these less than qualified reporters get on the screen.

ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX and NBC are no more news than they are entertainment these days, their primary concern is money from sponsors, second priority is increasing their audience to get more money from sponsors, third priority is not losing their audience so that sponsors don't pull their support, fourth is stopping any loss in audience so that more sponsors won't withdraw their sponsorship, and fifth priority is filling their time slot with news and commercials. The media SHOULD be fair and bias, but that's not what they are.

CBS just announced that the Democrats won in Virginia which brings the finally tally in the Senate to 49 Republicans, 49 Democrats and 2 Independents, ought to be an interesting session.

Last edited:
Back