This Gitmo Bullshit

The people in Gitmo are not car thieves and burglars, they were, all, taken on the battlefield either when they ran out of ammo or surrendered their weapons. They are murderers and will kill again given the chance. Would you like to have them in your city? Would you be able to to vouch for them and swear on your life that they would never kill again if you released them into your neighborhood? That is exactly what you are asking of America.

Missileer said:
The people in Gitmo are not car thieves and burglars, they were, all, taken on the battlefield either when they ran out of ammo or surrendered their weapons. They are murderers and will kill again given the chance. Would you like to have them in your city? Would you be able to to vouch for them and swear on your life that they would never kill again if you released them into your neighborhood? That is exactly what you are asking of America.

There have been severl accounts of people who ware cought because of local peoples testemonies and in some cases those ware false statements of people who disliked the preson. This happened to the EX Swedish detainie.

well,

how do u know they are terriosts for sure??

have u given them fair trial ???????

innocent until proven guilty, that is what U.S tries to sell to the rest of the world,

but what americans have done here is a bit hypocratic

and did everybody read the article???

i can scan it if somebody wants to

Missileer said:
I can completely sympathise with the position you are in as a citizen of a country that has this problem to deal with. It does however remind me very vividly of when I was younger and my brother would come home tail over teakettle running for his life with some large punk on his trail. Now my brother would hide behind me and inform his would be assailant that he was now well and truly screwed. I did defend him at first but then I got a little sick of it and began to ask just what in the name of Hades was going on. After listening to both sides I soon discovered that my "innocent" little brother was actually instigating the confrontations and then running home to have me twat the helpless child of questionable parentage. You should have seen the look on my brother's face the first time I informed him he would have to cash the check his mouth had wrote. It was difficult because I truly love my brother and we're best friends today but he had to learn that for every action their is a reaction and no one escapes that law.
The US for well over 50 years now has run amuck in the world implementing its views and programs in every part of the globe wherever it saw fit and there are a lot of pissed off people now who want a piece of her tailfeathers. The truly sad part is that the vast majority of Americans are completely ignorant of the actions its government has perpetrated globally in their name making them the most hated people in the world. The exact reason no main stream media ever answered the "why" question about 9/11. The best course of action is one my brother learned. Keep your mouth shut, mind your own business and no one will bloody your nose but if you do this and someone still comes after you, your friends and your family WILL be there to defend you and not leave you out to dry.

Missileer said:

You are deeply wrong. What I expect from a civilized country is not to torture their prisioners, wich is obiously going on in Guantanamo Bay. By the way, this people were not living in Arkansas or Cincinnatti, if you let them free they will go back to Afganistan.Putting criminals in jail is fine, if they are charged with something, thing that did not happen in Camp Delta.

bulldogg said:
Missileer said:
I can completely sympathise with the position you are in as a citizen of a country that has this problem to deal with. It does however remind me very vividly of when I was younger and my brother would come home ass over teakettle running for his life with some large punk on his tail. Now my brother would hide behind me and inform his would be assailant that he was now well and truly ****ed. I did defend him at first but then I got a little sick of it and began to ask just what in the name of Hades was going on. After listening to both sides I soon discovered that my "innocent" little brother was actually instigating the confrontations and then running home to have me twat the helpless bastard. You should have seen the look on my brother's face the first time I informed him he would have to cash the check his mouth had wrote. It was difficult because I truly love my brother and we're best friends today but he had to learn that for every action their is a reaction and no one escapes that law.
The US for well over 50 years now has run amuck in the world implementing its views and programs in every part of the globe wherever it saw fit and there are a lot of pissed off people now who want a piece of her arse. The truly sad part is that the vast majority of Americans are completely ignorant of the actions its government has perptrated globally in their name making them the most hated people in the world. The exact reason no main stream media ever answered the "why" question about 9/11. The best course of action is one my brother learned. Keep your mouth shut, mind your own business and no one will bloody your nose but if you do this and someone still comes after you, your friends and your family WILL be there to defend you and not leave you out to dry.

Sounds like a verbose analogy to me. Are you and Stauroflakes joined at the hip or maybe the same person in disquise?

The truly sad part is that the vast majority of Americans are completely ignorant of the actions its government has perptrated globally in their name making them the most hated people in the world.

REMOVED

REMOVED

REMOVED

I don't know exactly you are getting past the mods with this language!

Bulldog, that sounds kind of extreme don't you think? Be careful not to use Anti-American Overtones in this forum since it is heavily populated by Americans.

Missiler wrote:

Sounds like a verbose analogy to me. Are you and Stauroflakes joined at the hip or maybe the same person in disquise?

The truly sad part is that the vast majority of Americans are completely ignorant of the actions its government has perptrated globally in their name making them the most hated people in the world.

REMOVED

REMOVED

REMOVED

I don't know exactly you are getting past the mods with this language!

We are not the same person, you can be certain of it. You should watch out your language, you are old enough to know that its better to be shut up if you have no arguements. With this kind of attitude you prove that you are the clasicc american stereotype, everything that comes out of your logic is wrong and you start insulting, kicking and screaming.

Missileer, sorry bout the language if it offended you... But your thinly veiled use of it out of order of appearance to throw an insult/threat at me is uncalled for. I truly don't know how this got past the robo-cop software censor in this program. My ISP is logged whenever I make a post you can ask Redleg or another Mod if you truly believe Stauro and I are one and the same.
CABAL and others reading... It is not anti-american. It is a simple fact that I can back up, Americans are not wanted in more parts of the world than they are welcome. It wasn't always so, but it is now. Americans who don't live outside a base or outside the borders are not usually aware of it but its true. Americans are targetted by more extremists group for murder, kidnapping and extortion than any other nationality. These are not my words or figures they come from a few sources, Control Risks Group for one. They are in the business of international corporate security and this is their assessment, not mine. Though I have seen it first hand.
My South Afrikaans friends tell me the one group of tourists they hate to see more than any other is Americans. My French friends tell me they can stand just about anyone save Americans. My Australian friends tell me the most arrogant people they meet and really can't stand to talk to are Americans. This is not my opinion this is an observation from talking to people from many different parts of the world. The current fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan and the people being held in Gitmo, right or wrong, is inflaming hatred in every muslim nation on earth right now.
I have nothing against Americans. I do, however, take exception to the US government's actions throughout the world.

Staurofilakes, do not start or engage in flame wars or nation bashing.

Bulldog, any further obscene language will result in a ban. Post your sources for the claims you have made.

Silent Driller and any others guilty of this, the word filters are there to discourage the use of foul language, not to give you a free hand with throwing asterisks around, any further abuse will result in disciplinary action.

Missileer and Staurofilakes, it is not necessary to repost obscene words.

Cabal, YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR.

Redneck said:
Staurofilakes, do not start or engage in flame wars or nation bashing.

Bulldog, any further obscene language will result in a ban. Post your sources for the claims you have made.

Silent Driller and any others guilty of this, the word filters are there to discourage the use of foul language, not to give you a free hand with throwing asterisks around, any further abuse will result in disciplinary action.

Missileer and Staurofilakes, it is not necessary to repost obscene words.

Cabal, YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR.

Sorry about my part. I know better and should have handled it by the rules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_X-Ray

This one link, the WHOLE page and the individual sources and those associated links, are my sources for claims made in this thread about Gitmo :cen: . Unless you want each and every one of them laid out ad nauseum.

The following is also a good link.
www.cbsnews.com/stories/ 2003/09/16/60II/main573616.shtml

As to the hatred of Americans the world over the following links provide the sources requested...

www.vexen.co.uk/USA/hateamerica.html
www.enotes.com/world-hate/
www.muskurahat.com/islam/why_usa.asp
www.news24.com/News24/Columnists/Chris_Roper/0,,2-1630-1649_1615052,00.html
www.salon.com/politics/feature/2001/05/08/human_rights/
www.answers.com/topic/ugly-american
www.dprkstudies.org/usinkorea/videos_2.html
http//erictheunred.blogspot.com/2004/10/dear-arrogant-americans.html
http://forum.japantoday.com/m_4559/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#4559
www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/ forum.cgi?noframes;read=60829

Bulldog, saying that a nation is "hated" across the world is both a value judgement neither you nor anyone else is qualified to make and also extremely insulting. Posting links to sites titled "hateamerica" and the like will not be tolerated, particularly as they are only being used to attempt to prove the unproveable.

I don't think many people around the world "hate" Americans as far as I know. Many embrance them, welcoming America's pop culture along the way as well.

This idea of hate is often misunderstood as mistrust. I can tell you that many people around the world do not like America's Political figures.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4124164.stm

I think more international pressure needs to be put on america to sort out gitmo, If there going to be charged charge them, its not going to do americas image any good especially in arab countries but also in western countries where if the situation was reversed especially before 9/11 then america would be putting pressure on them to release them.

You've got to admit, this is somewhat humorous if you look at it in perspective. Countries pressurizing America because someones room temperature wasnt adequate? Or how about the complaints of being in prison awaiting trial for what was it? 4 years? Rap music? Where is this international pressure on the countries who kill candidates during elections? How about any unity against nations who imprison their people based on religious beliefs? Why not pressure them? I can understand the pressure against forcing people to listen to rap music...lol. Why choose Gitmo out of all the worse prisons in the world? People actually turn their views against the US because of 2 prisons? Thats like saying "I'll never go on a plane ride because they always crash". The pressure on the US is still hard to grasp considering some of the things that go on in the world.

Back