A future war without nukes?

FutureDevilDog

Will there ever be a war in the future that wont be fought with nukes? I thought of this question because of the situation with NK. I'm afraid that if we go to war with NK that it will almost instantly be "handled" with nukes?
Any thoughts?

Over and Out :salute2:

FutureDevilDog said:
Will there ever be a war in the future that wont be fought with nukes? I thought of this question because of the situation with NK. I'm afraid that if we go to war with NK that it will almost instantly be "handled" with nukes?
Any thoughts?

Over and Out :salute2:

Personally I cant see a war with "nukes" at all, lets face it NK isnt likely to go onto the offensive knowing whats facing them and I doubt anyone is going to attack NK knowing they are just crazy enough to use them.

However if there is to be a nuclear exchange I think it is more likely to be between India and Pakistan over Kashmir and even that would be somewhat limited through fear of escalation.

Quite honestly I don't see any Nuke wars breaking out between countries any time soon. Each sees the results of that as being too great. And the first country to use nukes offensively would have a world against them.

Personally i don't think any politicans in any nations that posses nukes, have the guts to use them.
I have a distrust of politicans, based on history and the present. Most politicans get jittery saying the word war, let alone authorising an ICBM launch.

There will always be wars in the future, always, it is human nature. But I really don't see any nations using nukes against one another. The political effect alone was stop it.

Nukes in war... I often ponder over this. I think the only time that Nukes would be used would be attributed to the wounded animal syndrome. It's beaten, on it's last legs, and lashes out with everythying it has. If a nuclear power is beaten and facing destruction then it is quite likely to use Nukes as one last kick in the groin to its enemy. They are terrible, horrible things, and if there is a massive nuclear exchange there is not going to be much of a world left for us, and society would crumble obviously.

I know that with progress comes terrible technological power, but hopefully one day we can make ourselves technologically intelligent that we would see the absolute folly in nuclear weapons.

A nuclear war could happen, but i hope to the almighty that it never does.

Rich.

From one who was serving on a nuclear AA msl site during the Cuban crisis, I can tell you that both leaders were close to two minutes and some seconds from all out nuclear war. There were no troops massing, there were no Navy task forces maneuvering for a battle.There was the deadly silence of "boomers" headed for open Oceans and silo doors sliding open. I watched the DEFCON lights run up toward red and instead of the code "blazing skies" used in tests, "launch" was on everyone's minds. I now have to believe that most people have forgotten the cold fear of Nuclear war. It's sort of like playing with a rattlesnake, if you've never been bitten, you get more and more careless.

Back