Found this on a blog...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
This is in no offense against those members here, but more a question that many ask.

Blog from Neals's Nuze

Muslim outrage huh. OK ... let's do a little historical review. Just some lowlights:

Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City. No Muslim outrage.
Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia. A Christian school. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt. No Muslim outrage.

A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India. Kills six. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back. No Muslim outrage.
Let's go way back. Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses. Over 700 are injured. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali. No Muslim outrage.

Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons. No Muslim outrage

Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge. No Muslim outrage.

Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed. Muslims are outraged.

Dead children. Dead tourists. Dead teachers. Dead doctors and nurses. Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Come on, is this really about cartoons? They're rampaging and burning flags. They're looking for Europeans to kidnap. They're threatening innkeepers and generally raising holy Muslim hell not because of any outrage over a cartoon. They're outraged because it is part of the Islamic jihadist culture to be outraged. You don't really need a reason. You just need an excuse. Wandering around, destroying property, murdering children, firing guns into the air and feigning outrage over the slightest perceived insult is to a jihadist what tailgating is to a Steeler's fan.

I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims. When, though, do they become outraged? When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule? Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims in a New York Times article three years ago. "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"

010912wtc_attack1p.jpg

hell002.jpg

holo.jpg

****islam5rq.jpg

massacre.jpg

No argument here.

These riots have made me strongly question whether terrorism is really just a few bad apples or if it's the violent wing of a hate-filled culture.

Sure you can point to the Quo'ran and say "well it says right here you arn't supposed to do X, Y, and Z" But just because a book says something doesn't mean the religion even follows that. See: Spanish Inquisition

These riots have made me strongly question whether terrorism is really just a few bad apples or if it's the violent wing of a hate-filled culture.

I think you can bank on the fact that it isn't just a "few bad apples." A few bad apples are Pat Robertson, the anti-gay/anti-soldier protesters, John Kerry:mrgreen: , etc. But this is a sweeping ethos found deeply rooted in many Moslem cultures.

I am just curious if the mainstream Muslim is going to the streets as well as to point out that it is only the exstremist minority? Or do we have a silent majority who do not really oppose to this? Interesting times we live in.....

Ted said:
I am just curious if the mainstream Muslim is going to the streets as well as to point out that it is only the exstremist minority? Or do we have a silent majority who do not really oppose to this? Interesting times we live in.....

Ted,

I wish that we could have dinner together sometime. I doubt that we would agree on many of the issues in the world today, but the conversation would certainly be interesting and stimulating.:)

If there the silent majority they need to speak out cause im also more and more thinking along the lines of what WD said. Maybe there not speaking out cause they hate the west just as much as the guy in the street but dont have gameyte producers to act on it.

Silent majorities share the extremists' views to a certain extent. They are afraid of speaking out in the few cases they disagree. They are exposed to little information of the type we are exposed to. THEY RECEIVE VERY LITTLE SUPPORT FROM US. Dissidents rot away in jails while we keep trading and negotiating with their governments instead of establishing strong links with the dissidents and the weak democratic opposition.

Last edited:
I have just spent three weeks on the island of Java in Indonesia. While I was there I saw many protests. The day they stormed the Danish Embassy in Jakarta I was there, I saw it. There were fewer than 100 people. Two weeks previous the government announced there would be a rate increase in electrical rates commencing in three months time. THOUSANDS of people spontaneously emptied their homes and took to the streets within minutes of hearing the news on the radio and tv. They have the balls to protest but honestly Indonesians, the world's most populous muslim nation LOVES the United States. They support the war on terror and it is a very small minority that are shown on the news around the world.

You could walk across the island from mosque to mosque. Every village has a mosque, every gas station on the roads has a prayer room, for every 20 houses there is one mosque. They believe in their religion very deeply, more so than any other people I have ever met.

I saw Popeye's fried chicken, A&W Fast Food, KFC, McDonald's, Ace Hardware, Sizzler steakhouse, Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood... not one or two but dozens all over the island in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Cilacap, Semarang... the most popular live music program on the biggest TV station in Indonesia is AMERICAN COUNTRY MUSIC, I saw personally muslim women wearing the jilbab headscarf with a COWBOY hat on top of it.

People saw me and smiled. They treated me with nothing but respect and when they heard I was from the US I heard nothing but praise and adulation for my country. Having been in China for four years and travelling about the world I can tell this was heartfelt and not some crap they spout off for tourists. There is more hatred for the corruption of their own government in their little pinky finger than they could ever muster for the US.

When the village got bombed in Pakistan, there were no protests in Indo. The most populous muslim country in the world- silence. Don't believe what you see on TV and what you read in the press. There is an agenda and they will frame the shot and write the story not to show you the truth but in order to further their cause.

Last edited:
What strikes me the most right now is the anger towards the West. It is not constricted to Danmark or Scandinavia anylonger. The European Union, United Nations and institutions like that are also victim.

I'll agree with Bulldogg that the few protestors do get a lot of air time. With proper shots it will look like thousands march the street. (And in Beirut they do..). But it is spreading and I just wonder where it will stop.

p.s. Good point IG, about our support for the ones who do speak up. They seem to get the short end of the stick regardless of what happens next.

p.s.s. It would be fun to have dinner one time LG, I wonder if we could agree on what to eat :)

Ted said:
p.s.s. It would be fun to have dinner one time LG, I wonder if we could agree on what to eat :)

Probably! Some of the best pickled eel and creamed herring that I've ever eaten was found in Amsterdam. (The draft Amstel wasn't bad either!:) )

I just hope they don't hate their President since it sounds like he is a cool guy. And threatened by al Qaeda and Jemaah Islamiyah.

localgrizzly said:
Probably! Some of the best pickled eel and creamed herring that I've ever eaten was found in Amsterdam. (The draft Amstel wasn't bad either!:) )

I'll keep dinner liquid then and stick to the Amstel :). I"ll skip the fish thing, but I am a minority on this acount....

Ted said:
I'll keep dinner liquid then and stick to the Amstel :). I"ll skip the fish thing, but I am a minority on this acount....

Meh pickled eel and creamed herring doesn't sound that appetizing. I have to concur with Ted here.

Italian Guy said:
I just hope they don't hate their President since it sounds like he is a cool guy. And threatened by al Qaeda and Jemaah Islamiyah.

They like him, by and large he is the first leader they have had since Suharto's regime fell. The others in between have been recognised for the puppets they were of various interests. The current big guy is actually making some in roads against the vested corrupt interests within the government and common Indonesians are unified in their voice that THAT is the reason for the "terrorists" targetting him.

He's not perfect but he is most definitely a big step in the right direction and the Indonesian people recognise it.

How can you complain about the extremists when you know that if you do, you are the next terrorist target???? THE TERRORIST COULD VERY WELL BE YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR.

FORGOT THAT DIDN'T YOU???

Back