A Few Questions. - Page 2

--

March 27th, 2015  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaAirForce1
Ok you two no more. I just want answers to my questions then you can go back to other forum posts. No need to start a childish insult game.

Tetvet I hope that its not as difficult as you make it sound. Ive always wanted to serve in the US military, but first I need cash so for now Swedens will have to do.
We always tease each other, it's just a banter. Kesse is crazy but a nice guy.

You will be more attractive for the Americans if you have a technical education and even better if you get the same in the US. MIT or Cal Tech will solve a lot of issues
March 27th, 2015  
tetvet

Questions are ok but action speaks Volumes .
March 27th, 2015  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
Questions are ok but action speaks Volumes .
'
True, if you have the grades to get into MIT, CALTECH, the University of California Berkeley go for it. If you don't, forget about it and stay where you are, young lady. You are competing with a lot of talented Americans so deal with it. It is not impossible, but you have a huge wall to clime over. If you want to be in the Swedish Air Force; consider the perks you get to be in it. The Americans will give a rat ass about your rank. You will be back on on square one. Get the academic education and start from there.

Have you finished high school yet?
--
March 27th, 2015  
VeronicaAirForce1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
'
True, if you have the grades to get into MIT, CALTECH, the University of California Berkeley go for it. If you don't, forget about it and stay where you are, young lady. You are competing with a lot of talented Americans so deal with it. It is not impossible, but you have a huge wall to clime over. If you want to be in the Swedish Air Force; consider the perks you get to be in it. The Americans will give a rat ass about your rank. You will be back on on square one. Get the academic education and start from there.

Have you finished high school yet?
Im graduating in June, so after that Im gonna make sure I have the grades and such I need and then apply for the military.
March 27th, 2015  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaAirForce1
Im graduating in June, so after that Im gonna make sure I have the grades and such I need and then apply for the military.
You can save some money to do it in Sweden first. KTH is pretty good place to start. You can also apply to the FHS, they are next door to the KTH
March 28th, 2015  
VeronicaAirForce1

Quote:
You can save some money to do it in Sweden first. KTH is pretty good place to start. You can also apply to the FHS, they are next door to the KTH
I am going to do it in Sweden first, its smarter. I realise US and Swedens training and such arent the same but at least I wil have done basic training and such in Sweden. Could give me an edge in US.
March 28th, 2015  
JOC

Quote:
We always tease each other, it's just a banter. Kesse is crazy but a nice guy.

You will be more attractive for the Americans if you have a technical education and even better if you get the same in the US. MIT or Cal Tech will solve a lot of issues
This s solid advice and will jump start any possible stint in the US Air Force.
March 28th, 2015  
Kesse81

If I remember correctly, then Non-citizens are not eligible to become commissioned officers in the U.S. military, and they may also be barred from certain Military Occupational Specialties, or job categories; particularly those requiring security clearances. So why not just pursue a career in the Swedish Air Force. The Swedish military is rather well trained.