Females in Combat Units - Page 4

--

July 27th, 2016  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
2016 USA is not 1940's USSR or early Israel where they were in danger of extinction. Only in such extreme examples should the military turn to supplementing there ranks with women in combat roles.
Agreed me old mucker.
September 8th, 2016  
1eyedtanker

Okay, I will attempt to comment intelligently on this without throwing my iPad through the wall... I spent two decades in the US Army, specifically armor- one of the combat MOS's that are suppose to have females integrated. I also worked with female soldiers many times, and so my opinions are colored by those experiences. Just a heads up- that ain't good! Specifically, back in 1999 I was gunning for the then commander of 1-8 Cav, 2nd BDE, 1st Cavalry Division (mechanized) on the then brand new M1A2 SEP Abrams main battle tank (MBT). That was an experience in and of itself, as I was gunning for then LTC Robert Abrams. Now the commanding general at FORSCOM. I got a call one day at lunch from Abe telling me that I needed to get my guys down to the motor pool asap, and link up with the division PAO. Evidently, there was a young lady who was suing the government to be a tanker. 20/20 had gotten hold of the story, and wanted to get some video of her doing tanker stuff. Well, we were in the middle of services, and had just started changing track pads on the S-3 major's tank. We were also changing a comp idler arm seal, and two shock housing seals on my tank. Anyone familiar with tank maintenance knows- that's all heavy stuff. Real heavy.
She was a pretty stout girl, athletic and strong. It didn't matter though, once she had to start hauling road wheels and track sections, let alone try to pick up the comp idler arm (along with one of my guys), she was done. Never aired the story, and never heard anything else about the lawsuit. Now, aside from that, I really don't think that females on tank crews will work for numerous other reasons. Early in the invasion of Iraq, we lived IN our tanks for weeks. Literally lived in them: eat, sleep, crap and fight. Well, not much sleep... I remember when I got my first shower- it was about 3 1/2, 4 months into the deployment. Even then, those "showers" were on the back deck of the tank, with one of the guys pouring water over me from water jug. Oh yeah, did I mention that I was standing on the tank naked? In the middle of an assembly area? Now, tankers probably have it better than most other combat arms MOS's. At least we have something to get inside of. Infantry? Ha! Those guys love having us around, just so they can heat water up on the exhaust grills from our turbine (read "jet") engine. Especially if it's cold. Well, there's just some of my experiences. I'm sure there are one or two female soldiers out there who could do it. I just don't think that it would work out in the long run. Maybe if the psyche of the American male changes, and they don't jump at the chance to do the pretty girl's work. You know, because that's the gentlemanly thing to do. And there might be a chance.... You guys know how soldiers are. Hell, even most of the females I've known in the Army were dirty minded horn dogs. Just like all of those young, extremely physically fit men. In the prime of life, and sowing their wild oats. Everywhere they possibly can... LoL, should be fun to see how this plays out! Just hope and pray it doesn't cost us lives. Because that's our most important job: taking care of soldiers. Without them, the mission will never be accomplished.
September 8th, 2016  
The Highway Man

I can remember how aggressive my wife used to be when mother nature made her monthly visit, could you imagine a regiment of women, whose monthly cycle regulates so they are in time with one another. I would hate to go up against a regiment of PMS affected women, I wouldn't stand a chance - could you imagine them telling the enemy to lay down their arms and surrender, and if they asked why, they would be roared at, "BECAUSE I F*****G TOLD YOU TOO, THATS WHY!!!!" Game over.
--
March 11th, 2017  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
I can remember how aggressive my wife used to be when mother nature made her monthly visit, could you imagine a regiment of women, whose monthly cycle regulates so they are in time with one another. I would hate to go up against a regiment of PMS affected women, I wouldn't stand a chance - could you imagine them telling the enemy to lay down their arms and surrender, and if they asked why, they would be roared at, "BECAUSE I F*****G TOLD YOU TOO, THATS WHY!!!!" Game over.
Hi Boss,
I know absolutely nada regarding combat. I do know just a tad about women's health.
How 'bout AFTER the change of life?. They're more decisive. Also wiser and more respectful of their fellow comrades/ family/ friends.
...PROTECTIVE of their brood.
Will stand up to any confrontation. For them selves or loved/ revered ones.
Just saying.

I should know, I'm fifty two.

DG
March 16th, 2017  
The Highway Man

After the change they're more protective, before absolutely fecking vicious!!!
March 18th, 2017  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
After the change they're more protective, before absolutely fecking vicious!!!
Boss,
Yes, we get a tad more protective. I will leave it at that.

DG
3 Weeks Ago  
dtisright

Topic: True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington 1858
The United States Marine Corp is doing all that is possible to keep this from happening. They have submitted all sorts of studies and test results to show that gender integration will degrade performance, but if the Marines think they can stop this, they are dreaming.
I would suggest if they want females in the military (Combat), just put Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg in there. The enemy will immediately retreat.
3 Weeks Ago  
Hutchie

I see nothing wrong with it. Wars might end quicker when half of the body bags returning contain women.Also women, inherently have a few advantages, typically have smaller hands, might be easier to work in hard to get at areas, they have better color perception, and my experience, at least years ago shooting in an archery club, they have what it takes to be better shots. At least when I shot, back in the 1970's, the best shots in my club were women, Same with drag racing, they have inherent advantage over men. Any way, I'd never second guess women, if they can put up with child birth, they are much tougher than me. Don't see why they couldn't serve on a tank crew, they can probably handle stinky men, as they change diapers.....