Favorite Heros In American History

--

July 5th, 2004  
SniperWannabee

Topic: Favorite Heros In American History

My favorite hero in history is the one and only Chesty Puller who was the most decorated hero in the history of the Marine Corps.

Whats yours?
July 5th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Lt Gen "Chesty" Puller all the way.
July 6th, 2004  
Mark Conley

well for me, it has to be Genneral Curtis LeMay...kinda like chesty, but smiled less, and said almost nothing. He just liked to either remove cities, or save them (he was different that way.)

--
July 6th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Franklin Delano Roosvelt! I think I don't need to explain why...
Also every American is a hero in one way or another.......................
July 6th, 2004  
England Expects (RAF Cdt)

I'll comment if I may. Though there have been many American heroes over the years, I think it was Eisenhower's decisive military judgement and ability to unite and allow cooperation between the allied commanders which really made a difference during the Second World War.
July 6th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Good point! That's why Eisenhower is my favourite Commander!
July 6th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I saw a documentary on a man yesterday and I remember thinking... that man is a hero.

His name is Randy Glass, and he was a conman. He made millions from conning jewelry companies out of millions of dollars worth of diamonds. Eventually the law caught up to him and he was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

While out on bail, the FBI got wind of his skills, and recruited him for a plan of theirs. Over the next few months, he got deeply involved in a weapons deal, which lead to the arrest and conviction of two Arab men who were American citizens who attempted to provided to Taliban with Stinger missiles, small arms, larger arms, and nuclear weapon components. It was a very engaging story.

Randy Glass said he did it because he wanted to help his country. He felt he had an obligation to use his skills to help the United States of America. His patriotism and courage rewarded him with a reduced prison sentence, in the end, 7 months
July 7th, 2004  
Young Winston

General Patton. The only allied general that the Germans were really scared of in Europe after the Battle of Normandy. He was crazy but he could do the unexpected on the battlefield and turn a tight situation into success. A real class act.
July 18th, 2004  
Big_Z

Yea id go with Patton. The Nazi's had so much fear for him that the allies used him to fool the germans into thinking that d-day was going to be somewere else and it worked. He was completely fearless but also fair.
He treated the Nazi's with respect after the war and they had allot of respect for him as well. He had no problem insulting American politicians or slapping the shit out of a American shellshocked soldier. Youd could almost call him the grandfather of American tank warfare. Way before ww2 he promoted the tank and tried to convince the generals of its true uses.
July 19th, 2004  
Spartan

Gunny Sargeant Dan Daley. He led the US Marines to victory at Belleau Wood. "Come on you Sons of Bitches, do you want to live forever?!"