soldierzhonor

Old Glory...without a doubt.
June 6th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Red, White and Starry Blue
with 13 stripes and 50 stars.
July 7th, 2004  
Claymore

Well I really couldn't be a red-blooded American without saying the "Old Glory" is my fav. But the very next and only a little itty bitty bit behind is the St. Andrews Cross - Flag of Scotland.

Quote:
Well my favorite flag would probably be the Irish Regiment for the Union in the Civil War. Cant remember the exact regiment but its really great looking.
Are you referring to the Irish Brigade? If so, it was comprised of the 63rd, 69th, and 88th New York Volunteer Regiments, the 28th Massachusetts, and the 116th Pennsylvania infantry Regiment.
They were one of the Elite units of the Civil War and were well known by their Emerald Green Battle Flag.

http://irishvolunteers.tripod.com/ir...de_history.htm
--
Boots
July 7th, 2004  
thebrahmagr81

The rebel flag is cool and I also like the Texas State Flag and the California State Flag
July 8th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners1
The red just shows how much blood has been shed by Marines for their Country. Maybe that is why the Army is white. :P
I could say something here about why that might be , but it ain't really my place.

8)
July 8th, 2004  
England Expects (RAF Cdt)

Just to deviate slightly from the debate, my worst flag would have to be the flag of the EU, it tries to copy the principle of the white stars on the American Flag, by placing stars in a circle on a blue background, this EU flag is bland, ugly and unrepresentative of the countries it apparently covers. When I see it, I have no patriotic feeling towards it, I would never fly it nor I would I like it be flown on British soil as it stands for everything Britain has fought against. We do not want a federal Europe, we want our own independant nations, whatever happened to self-determination?
To add to the debate, my favourite flags are the Union Flag (GB), American flag and Australien flag. I'm also quite partial to the cross of St George for England as shown by my avatar.
July 9th, 2004  
Italian Guy

I dont like the EU flag either. They'll never force us into being one Nation.
July 9th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

50 STARS, 13 STRIPES!
July 30th, 2004  
avckc

teh english flag looks nice
August 28th, 2004  
Trevor

THe St. Lucia flag looks pretty slick, and the Gabon flag has pretty rad colours.