Favorite Battle? - Page 4

--
Boots

June 17th, 2004  
Fix bayonets

I have 3

1 Rorke's Drift-The valour and determination of the defenders of the mission staion deserves respect and admiration, because the fighting was so brutal and at times at close quarters with bayonets and for the Zulus, spears and knobkerries

2 Little Bighorn-I like this battle because everyone was brve not just the Indians, but the men of the 7th Cavalry even though they did try and get out of the encircling indians, they had to fight their way through them, (which not one cavalry man managed to do, talking about General George Custer's command), as for the men who just decided to accept that there was no chance, but kept fighting they are the bravest of the brave.

3Waterloo-This battle changed the course of European history and was brutal in every aspect and from the fist cannonade to the final stand of the old guard.
July 22nd, 2004  
dsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomatic_means
The battle of agincourt was also pretty cool for those who know about it.
Agincourt was good. I know a lot about the hundred years war. Siege of vienna was also good.
July 23rd, 2004  
mrcool011

the battle at ZAMA(i think it was called that,lol) where hannibal vs scipio.
--
Boots
July 23rd, 2004  
Bootboy82

My favorite battle, because it affects me historically the most, is D-Day
July 27th, 2004  
sgtbreeden

The Airborne assault on the beaches of Normandy.
July 29th, 2004  
RecruitWalterUSMC

I'm very interested in the Pearl Harbor attack for some reason. Also, I'm interested in the Doolittle Raid. I've don'e almost all of my papers on that.
July 31st, 2004  
ENRG

I'll have to go with sgtbreeden and Bootboy82.

Favorite battle of all time, D-Day.
A mix between the first phase of Operation Overlord & The Normandy Beach Landings (Utah beach, Pointe du Hoc, Omaha beach, Gold beach, Juno beach & Sword beach)

It's what I'm most interested in, in the big old WWII.
August 3rd, 2004  
silent driller

Favorite battle, huh? I'd have to say the battle for Iwo Jima.
August 3rd, 2004  
Jacob

All the battles of Operation Overlord.
September 7th, 2004  
Caffeine

The Battle of Leyte Gulf

Battle of Brittain

The Battle of Stirling, (Visited that Battlefield and Braveheart really tweaked what happend.)

I can't remember the name of the battle I just remember the story of where Ghengis Khan layed seige to a Chinese city for months and he could not overthrow them even though the population inside was suffering. So he stated for release of your city I want all your Birds and Cats. The city agreed and when Khan got ahold of the animals he had cotton tied to them and lit afire. When the critters went screaming back into the city it set it ablaze and made it an easy walk on through for the Mongols.