Fast Roping

Sorry

Sorry for posting believing the topic was rapelling, I thought fast roping and rappeling was the same thing but "hey I did learn something new today"

No idea on fast roping from a hocus - I'll leave that one for the pros...

Thanks sooners1.
Fast roping is from an Helicopter.
A good pair of gloves is needed.
From a Chinook, you get the choice between 3 ropes!!!
As soon as you hit the deck, you must step/rool aside because another pair of combat boots is following you, filled up with 200 pounds of meat, bones and equipment rushing down, followed by another, and another....
I believe I still have British soles imbedded in my back! :lol:

Fast Roping:

abseiling1.jpg

Fastrope%20Sunset.jpg

Fast%20Roping%201.jpg

The Helicopter Fast Roping Instructor (HFRI) course provides students with the skills necessary to train others to deplane speedily from military helicopters from heights of up to 90 feet surface clearance. The minimum generic rank for attendance is substantive Sergeant. The course is primarily for Royal Navy personnel to enable rapid boarding of maritime platforms. Course duration is up to 3 days. There are up to 12 HFRI courses each training year.

Hi.Thanks for the feedback.Its great.The reason i wanted to know is because some so called mate of mine basically took advantage of my girlfriend and i wanted to give some good old regenge! :twisted: They all usually camp in our local woods on a satuday night and frequently go for a walk so i was thinking i could climb a tree above them before they get there, fast rope down frightening the life out of him and doing what ever i feel like doing!If i used a pair or 2 of normal garden gloves, would that be ok? From about a height of 20 feet tops.
Thanks
Dan

Better be sure of your rope and your tie off. Or things could go south.
Leather Gloves. :shock: If you've never fast roped before you might wanna reconsider. You can't just use any old rope.

THe rope is about 2 to3 inches in diameter.....I would not try it alone.....and without a good amount of sand underneath you.....

the ropes we used were called kermantel ropes a bunch of little ropes in a braided outer cover..lol

yes i made the trip out of the helicopter at 100 feet... once. they have video tape of me flapping my hands because i made the mistake of really really gripping the rope on the way down..lol

hm... In the Marines Basic, what kind of roping do we have to do? that helicopter roping or that "bouncing off the wall in front of you" kind of roping? DO we also have to do that AUssie style "Upside Down" roping technique? I dont think i have the mentality or the muscle to do that

drunkentyger said:
hm... In the Marines Basic, what kind of roping do we have to do? that helicopter roping or that "bouncing off the wall in front of you" kind of roping? DO we also have to do that AUssie style "Upside Down" roping technique? I dont think i have the mentality or the muscle to do that

Basic Rappelling from a tower, sheer face style, Helio rappelling, also known as the "H :cen: Hole, and finally, a fast rope from the tower.

Back