F-22 vs MiG-1.42 - Page 6

View Poll Results :Who do You think is better?
F-22 "Raptor" 26 78.79%
MiG 1.42 "Raptorski" 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

--

August 11th, 2004  
J.Hawk

To the best of my knowledge, the 1.42 and the 1.44 are technology demonstrators, akin to the X-29, rather than fighter prototypes.
August 11th, 2004  
Damien435

Looks to me like the MIG is another Russian dream of striking fear into the west. This will probably be like all the excellent guns the Russians make, it is the best in the world, too bad they can not afford to make them.
August 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
hmmm, if I fly the F15 Im sure a Spitfire can take it down 2.
This is kinda funny cuz it reminds me of a friend at Tinker telling me about something funny that happened during training exercises that day. An A-10 scored a kill on a fully up-to-date F15. If an A-10 did it, why not a Spitfire?

As to which is the better aircraft, I can concede that the Mig likely is superior overall. Then again, its the answer to the F-22, so that's kindof to be expected. Even with the Cold War long over, the Russians still have to try to outdo anything that we come up with. And honestly, I'm sure the F-22B will own the hell outa the Mig. Arms races never die easily, do they?

Still, it would be nice to have more concrete evidence to backup the stats on the Mig.
--
August 20th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

My opinion is the F-22 is a piece of shit, but the mig seems to not have any working models.

The JSF which is supposed to start to deliver in 2010 will easily poop on the f-22.

THe JSF seems to be the most versatile fighter ever constructed.
August 20th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

You're expecting all US inovation to cease between now and 2010? And truly, if you think the F22 is "a piece of shit" well back it up with some reasons. You've got me curious now.
August 20th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
My opinion is the F-22 is a piece of shit, but the mig seems to not have any working models.

The JSF which is supposed to start to deliver in 2010 will easily poop on the f-22.

THe JSF seems to be the most versatile fighter ever constructed.
I wish you were right, but you're not. The JSF will be more cost effective, because it'll be a lot cheaper, but it won't be as good as the F-22. As said before in this topic; F-22 and JSF will be a combo like the F-15 and F-16. Both will have there own strengths and flaws, together they 'll be a very good team.
August 20th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Hee, hee.... And King Raptor
August 20th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
You're expecting all US inovation to cease between now and 2010? And truly, if you think the F22 is "a piece of shit" well back it up with some reasons. You've got me curious now.
Ok the F-22 hasn't had much wide use because of all War planes are becoming quite expensive, The Air Force PIlots I know prefer the F-16 to the F-22.

I'm also a navy Brat who doesn't want to see the F-14 decommissioned, I know that once the JSF starts to roll in they are going to Unilaterally decommision them.

I know the F-22 is a good fighter for what it is, and it's innovations cannot be taken for granted.

THe JSF as I said will be the most versatile fighter ever constructed especially the Marine Corps. Version because it will be VTOL capable.

PLus I think that the Raptor is quite ugly, the tactical advantages in the F-22 are great, but I just don't like the plane it's pretty much that simple.

And I know for sure that US innovation will not stop by 2010, but I know this we need to allow our planes to have life instead of selling them to other countries.

This is my opinion the F-14 is awesome.

-Time

IRT 1217-

THe JSF will not be combo of those two planes, why well the F-16 is a single turbine engine and the F-15 is double turbine, well themain difference is there is one more afterburner on the F-15.

The F-15 cannot do vtol.

Mod edit: keep your language clean please.
August 20th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Ok the F-22 hasn't had much wide use because of all War planes are becoming quite expensive, The Air Force PIlots I know prefer the F-16 to the F-22.

Time..at almost 16 years old..how many Air Force Pilots do you know? We are just curious on this one.

I'm also a navy Brat who doesn't want to see the F-14 decommissioned, I know that once the JSF starts to roll in they are going to Unilaterally decommision them.

Unfortuantely..there are very valid reasons for the F-14s retirement. Except being updated and maintained perfectly, the F-14As face some problems that restrict flying operation today: As every aircraft, the F-14 was designed for a certain number of airframe hours. With some F-14As being in service for up to 27 years, a lot of airframe hours were accumulated and some F-14s will be out of business soon. Airframe structural integrity is not guaranteed any longer and cracks in the structure might occur sooner or later. To prevent this, F-14s are limited in flight operations, especially dogfighting (with high g-loads) is no longer possible with every F-14 since they may not exceed a certain g-load! Especially the wingbox's show their age: Cracks occur more and more often.

Its all that salt and hard usage..remember, Air Force has pilots..the Navy has aviators.

I know the F-22 is a good fighter for what it is, and it's innovations cannot be taken for granted.

THe JSF as I said will be the most versatile fighter ever constructed especially the Marine Corps. Version because it will be VTOL capable.

PLus I think that the Raptor is quite ugly, the tactical advantages in the F-22 are great, but I just don't like the plane it's pretty much that simple.

Well its ugly. so is an A-10. so is a F-111. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...right up until the time ugly erases you from the ground or the sky.

And I know for sure that US innovation will not stop by 2010, but I know this we need to allow our planes to have life instead of selling them to other countries.

This is my opinion the F-14 is awesome.

-Time

IRT 1217-

THe JSF will not be combo of those two planes, why well the F-16 is a single turbine engine and the F-15 is double turbine, well the main difference is there is one more afterburner on the F-15.

The F-15 cannot do vtol.
Time..not that we mind the post..but please watch your language and your tact.[
August 20th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Ok Mark sorry about the language part, I'll try to keep that at a minimum.

Now for how many Air Force Pilots I know hmmmm..........

Ok seven Air Force Fighter Pilots; now for naval aviators, 4 aviators, 3 of which fly the F-14 and are currently on a six month deployment.

I don't know any marine pilot/aviators.