F-22 vs MiG-1.42 - Page 4

View Poll Results :Who do You think is better?
F-22 "Raptor" 26 78.79%
MiG 1.42 "Raptorski" 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

--

July 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Alright... Everyone calm down. Uncle sam, start posting links insted of huge posts.

Now to the issue: The F22 is Stealthy. To what extant I doubt anyone but the USAF knows right now. All the talk about being shot down in exersize is nonsense. A4 Skyhawks used by the USAF and US Navy shoot down F15s and F16s in dog-fights. This is when the pilots flying them are highly experienecd and trained to use the size and capabilities of the Skyhawk to their advantage. Now, that dosent make a Skyhawk superior to a F15. It just shows that under certain mision specifications the A4 is an equal.
July 20th, 2004  
GADefence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
I think You don't know anything about Raptor, so educate yourself!
Hrrm, I would have to throw your quote back at you.

The F-22 is 60 feet long. It has a huge engine on it. The first problem with your stealth theory is that it's engines produce a lot of heat, thus it's an infared flare. . . Secondly, it only has partial stealth. It appears as a smaller aircraft at the best. (and anyone seeing something the size of an F-5 or commercial plane approaching their military base at mach 1 would be quite alert to it's presence)

Secondly, according to me and many I know, the F-22 is a propoganda plane, half of what is said about it is probably false.

Third, (proof) the F-22 is not much more manveouvrable then it's F-15 predecesor. http://www.pogo.org/p/defense/do-000812-f22.htm

Fourth of all, I have a strong anti F-22 stance.

Fifth of all, mach 1.9, not 2.8. http://home.iae.nl/users/wbergmns/data99.htm

Lastly, it doesn't have a freaking laser on it, in case anyone brings that up again!
July 20th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Ahhh....It really dosent matter how fast it goes. Most dog-fights dont exeed the Mach 1 speed. As to it being half-stealthy thats true, but it makes it more stealthy than any fighter out there. I still dont see how it matters as there is still no fighter to match the F15 and F16 in their latest forms(F16I and the Abu-Dhabi version, F15E and F15I).
--
July 20th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GADefence

Third, (proof) the F-22 is not much more manveouvrable then it's F-15 predecesor. http://www.pogo.org/p/defense/do-000812-f22.htm

You belive POGO? POGO & COUNTERPUNCH are greatest propaganda sites! Everyone calls those sites bull****........ Sheeeeesh!
July 20th, 2004  
GADefence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADefence

You belive POGO? POGO & COUNTERPUNCH are greatest propaganda sites! Everyone calls those sites bull****........ Sheeeeesh!
I read most of the news reports on the F-22 and I consider those propoganda sites, so I guess it depends how you look at it.

Uncle Sam, I'm not saying the F-22 is a HORRIBLE fighter. Yes, it does have a great engine on it. That's a great bonus for it. It's a good figther, better then most, but the thing I am saying is it's currently heavily overhiped. The reason I don't believe the news sites is because, well, I've seen them outright lie about the F-22 capabilities and weaponsets. The F-22 is also not effective for it's cost, and I wouldn't want to be stuck in one as my first choice, but it's not a horrible fighter.
July 20th, 2004  
GADefence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Ahhh....It really dosent matter how fast it goes. Most dog-fights dont exeed the Mach 1 speed. As to it being half-stealthy thats true, but it makes it more stealthy than any fighter out there. I still dont see how it matters as there is still no fighter to match the F15 and F16 in their latest forms(F16I and the Abu-Dhabi version, F15E and F15I).
I could name you quite a few, and I think I will.

F-14 Tomcat.
MiG 29 Fulcrum.
SU-37 Flanker.
Eurofigther.
MiG 1.42.
SU-47 Berkut.
SaaB Draken.
Rafeal.
Mitsubishy F-2 (also called the Figther Support X)
KFIR.

I'm pretty sure there are a few planes I didn't mention that could also match or win against the F-15.
July 20th, 2004  
SHERMAN

hmmm, if I fly the F15 Im sure a Spitfire can take it down 2. as to your list...hmm lets see-

Quote:
F-14 Tomcat
And who exactly has F14s? Only 2 operators ever, USN and Iran. Iran bought 25 and they are falling apart from lack of parts and maintnance, most have been scraped to keep a few flying....

Quote:
Eurofigther.
MiG 1.42.
SU-47 Berkut.
hmmm, the first and third have never been used in combat, and the second is a tech demonstartor....

Quote:
SaaB Draken.

Never used in combat, and really i dont see how a country that has not seen air combat for at least 50 years(maybe never?) can develope its own fighter that matches 88 years of american dog-fights, but hey, who knows...

Quote:
Mitsubishy F-2
A reengieneerd F16...

Quote:
KFIR
Is that a joke, if so its real funny. The KFIR was never a good fighter, and pilots did not even like it better than the Mirage III or IAI Dagger that it was ment to replace. Really it was no mor than a stopgap between the Dagger/Mirage and the F16s and F15s. I have heard of mock-dogfights in which 5 Kfirs were shot down by 2 F15s.

Quote:
Rafeal.
Sorry, forgot about this one....Not tested in combat, but I trust its good, considering it is related to Mirage family....

Quote:
Mig 29
Oh yes....Never shot don an F15 or F16 to my knowledge. A few were shot donwn by US fighters. Only kill by this aircraft that i know of is 2 light planes flying into cuban airspace....nice.
July 21st, 2004  
GADefence

Well, I think I'm leaving this forum now. . . I'm getting more angered every day I am on here. It was fun at first, but now, bye.

As well, here's a tid-bit of correction, the Rafeal is a down scaled and more affordable Eurofigther, not an off shoot of the Mirage models. (you got this information wrong, check the rest of your fighter information too!)
July 21st, 2004  
Spartan

controll your self.

edit----------------
Sorry, lost my temper.
July 21st, 2004  
SHERMAN

When i said related I meant that it is made by the same company, not that it is a direct off-shoot. Read carefully and dont jump to conclusions. If you must leave this forum, thats your own decision, although it is strange. We alloud you to speak your mind on anything, and deleted only massages that were highly flamable or offensive.