ER waits to get longer

I think the cutting edge of American healthcare is outstanding but the rank and file of American healthcare (that's for folks like you and me) it's pretty bad.
We have this one guy who works at a store near our place and a large portion of his arm is disfigured because it got infected and started to rot after the hospital had sewn up his wound, most likely because of poor sanitary practices at the hospital. He got his treatment at the same hospital that Dick Cheney got his heart procedure done while Vice President.

Stems from the staff's arrogance and lack of sense of duty.

mmarsh,
Point taken. I agree that we have a significant disparity of care. It is morally repugnant that we have allowed business to dictate to healthcare providers how many patients to see and how often.

The health insurance companies are ALWAYS looking at the bottom line and that is the root of the problem.

I don't want a business making health decisions for me. Too focused on paying their stockholders.

I don't want the some government bureaucrat doing it either. I hate to do this but I'm going to quote myself. "All government programs start out as a good idea. Then the government gets involved and ruins it"

I don't know what the right answer is either. All I can see is my health insurance premiums going up and up with no end in sight. So private insurance isn't working. The government can screw up a wet dream, and have NEVER efficiently managed ANYTHING, so they are the last group of people I want overseeing this.

I guess it can be summed up as follows. I'm taking this from Glenn Quagmire BTW.
"What's the matter? Fat girls (poor people) need love (healthcare) too, but they gotta pay."

There was a debate if ObamaCare would ration health care with Govt deciding on who gets care. Well....Obama's done a recess appointment of a guy to head Medicare & Medicade who like the British rationing system & said it will be done here with eyes wide open. Wasn't someone named Sarah pointing out this would happen & had sh*t flung (in a nonliteral way) @ her by the Liberals & thier coconspirators in the Press?

The health insurance companies are ALWAYS looking at the bottom line and that is the root of the problem.

I don't want a business making health decisions for me. Too focused on paying their stockholders.

There's been a number of incidents like this regarding water as well. I can't remember the specific case but there was one I think in Chile or something many years back. I used to know that incident off by heart... I'll look for it but for some reason I can't remember the exact place it happened.
The Bond movie Quantum of Solace was actually inspired by incidents like it.
Company buys water rights in a far away country which is poor.
The company needs to satisfy its investors and share holders.
In order to satisfy them, they bump up the water prices.
The water prices get too expensive for the locals to use.
Hell breaks loose.

So bad things can still happen under privatization (under the leadership of morons).
Under government control it'll most likely run on a loss, but it will also be more likely to be stable (if not run by morons).
Tradeoffs... if you have too much stuff government run, you'll go bankrupt.
If you have essentials run by private companies, those essentials that your country needs may be in danger of being put out of operation.

Back