enlisted to officer... any success stories?

--

July 29th, 2004  
TRIGO

Topic: enlisted to officer... any success stories?

I'm an enlisted Air Force guy who would like to go officer... currently, I'm working on an engineering degree. anyone make the leap from enlisted to officer? if so, any advise/encouragement?
July 29th, 2004  
RnderSafe

I went over to the dark side as an E-7 .. now a current serving 0-6. It is a different world, so make certain you understand the politics of it all. If you feel you can better serve your country, the military and the Air Force as an officer, go for it.
July 29th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I cannot offer any advice, but I am planning to become an officer in 3 years or less.
--
July 30th, 2004  
Koldun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
I went over to the dark side as an E-7 .. now a current serving 0-6. It is a different world, so make certain you understand the politics of it all. If you feel you can better serve your country, the military and the Air Force as an officer, go for it.
I've got one up on you...not only did I go from Enlisted to Officer, but I changed services (Coast Guard to Army) to do it! (Don't ask... )
July 30th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun
I've got one up on you...not only did I go from Enlisted to Officer, but I changed services (Coast Guard to Army) to do it! (Don't ask... )
I started Army .. finishing Marines.
July 30th, 2004  
Pogue

Rndr, no offense...

but holy crap! I didn't realize you were so high ranking and old! err...sir!
July 30th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue
Rndr, no offense...

I'm not old, I'm seasoned.
July 30th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue
July 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Rnder, dident you start in a whole diffrent country....?
July 31st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Rnder, dident you start in a whole diffrent country....?
Yes, Ireland. Unfortunately, rank doesn't carry over from one country's military to another.