The end of balanced, full scale wars? - Page 2

June 29th, 2004  
bush musketeer

Topic: wars

its still a definate possibility that convetinonal wars with relativly equal forces will still occur. personally i think the us would be stupid to try and take on china.

there are still plenty of small scale wars going on over the world and most dont seem to look like ending soon
indonesia in dutch new guinea for example. they have been fighting the locals there since the 1960's.

if a powerful country wants something and cant get it by other means they will try and get it via warfare of somekind.
June 29th, 2004  
Originally Posted by 1217
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
Watched the intro movie of Red Alert 2?
Haven't had the pleasure...
Too bad, it's quite interesting from appocaliptic side of view. I don't exactly know how's that procedure done. But this is really pro done...
July 2nd, 2004  
I think (I believe most ppl think so too) that the full-scale war like WWII is already a history.

Especially for the big 5 (5 UNSC members) they all have MAD capability therefore it will not be possible more to engage a "real" full-scale war.

If you define "full-scale war" then you must take into account that the warring nations are entitled to use all means from their full-arsenal including Nukes, otherwise it is only a half-scale war

During WWII, USA used ALL her means even Nukes was put into war.
July 11th, 2004  
Well I donīt know honestly..... I think that the "real full scale" war with nukes and so on is over. But a WW3 scenario I donīt find to hard to see. You donīt have to look to far back in the history. Look at this Iraqi Freedom war. There was a lot of high tensions between different political leaders of the world. And after that one relaxation, easing of tension but I donīt think it worked as good as it looks on the TV. I look at the EU issue the hole thing looked as the Berlin Wall for some time.

Ready to crack down. It only prove that the EU is a thing that almost works in peacefull times but in war and conflicts they would brake fairly easy. When different countries in the EU want to put togheter different defenses and co defenses over the boarders they only show a weak spot.

The only thing I think that EU needs is another Iraqi Freedom to take place and then EU is in the history books as another failur to built peace with trade. Humans are like this ---- Peace for some time ---- Then you need a global conflict to make any progresses again. I am not having any wet dreams of a world in a state of Utopia.

I think as many others that this is as in the WW2 only a time of R&R before the big one comes again. The world as I know it, only works in peace and not in the reality if another war would turn up. Be prepared that is my motto. Humans are Humans and nothing will change that one.

July 11th, 2004  
I think the only places war will occur in the near future may be north korea and possibly the spratly islands! I dont think nuclear war is a possibility for any country apart from north korea as all the other countries have too much to lose!