"Elusive sniper saps US morale in Baghdad "..!! - Page 2

--

August 17th, 2005  
clownfish

Well...considering the weapon he's using (iraqi 'sniper' rifle Tabuk ) i dont think he's particularly professional or well trained. if he were, he'd probably be using something a little more sophisticated. after all, it cant be too hard to procure a decent sniper weapon in that part of the world..
August 17th, 2005  
Shadowalker

Topic: Re: "Elusive sniper saps US morale in Baghdad "..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfish
what is thought to be a Tobuk sniper rifle inspires particular dread.
So its not definite what rifle he is using, maybe there basing that assumption on thinking the sniper uses 7.62x39 ammunition as its common in iraq but seems rare for that ammo to be used for sniper rifles, the dragunov uses 7.62x54
August 17th, 2005  
ozmilman

Hired gun?? Well, why not i guess. There's western mercs being used over there, so i guess there's nothing stopping there being middle-eastern mercs getting hired. That was a very interesting read.

Rich
--
August 17th, 2005  
LIPS

They will eventually get this sniper but it may take time.
August 18th, 2005  
vargsriket

Well, Iraq had a sort of special ops during Saddam regime, I don't think it's that impossible that some of them are joining the fight against the US, just because he's apparently well trained in sniper techniques, doesn't mean he HAS to be a hired gun.
August 19th, 2005  
FO Seaman

No it doesn't but it just seems likely.
August 20th, 2005  
ghost457

umm, anyways... i'm kinda surprised at this. he only targets soldiers, that to me marks him as not a Middle Eastern sniper, they don't seem to care whether your a man, woman, or child, this guy does. thats honorable and respectable. i hope we can get him alive and squeeze his brain to find out exactly who he is and all that. also, on the theory that "hes good, hes got to be hired", so there couldn't be one talented sniper trained in the Iraqi Army? sure, it may not be the norm, but there has to be a few people who take marksmanship seriously over there.
August 20th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost457
umm, anyways... i'm kinda surprised at this. he only targets soldiers, that to me marks him as not a Middle Eastern sniper, they don't seem to care whether your a man, woman, or child, this guy does. thats honorable and respectable. i hope we can get him alive and squeeze his brain to find out exactly who he is and all that. also, on the theory that "hes good, hes got to be hired", so there couldn't be one talented sniper trained in the Iraqi Army? sure, it may not be the norm, but there has to be a few people who take marksmanship seriously over there.
Do u really think that all arab snipers kill women and children... thats pretty racist to say of u because u have no proof of that they do it..
August 20th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost457
Do u really think that all arab snipers kill women and children... thats pretty racist to say of u because u have no proof of that they do it..
Now we are getting into the racism bit, he's an enemy I don't think he frankly cares what you say about him.
August 21st, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

If he is one of a few trained Iraq snipers, we sure are hearing of him. what if more Iraq snipers start to develop? what then?