The dumbing down of the GOP .....

Chief Bones

Forums Grumpy Old Man
I don't want to get a spear throwing or p'sing contest started ... but ...
  • Do you think that the GOP is dumbing down politics???
First we end up with a President (GW Bush), who's biggest claim to fame, is a nagging suspicion and accusation that he isn't very smart, who has a problem reading a teleprompter, who's English pronunciation and diction leaves much to be desired ... and ... who barely got a 'C' while attending college.

We now have a Republican candidate for the office of the Vice President that can't even identify even one newspaper she reads ... that refuses to actually address questions that are asked of her during a debate ... who acts like some six-pack drunk suffering a headache and hangover, that has a problem stringing words together in a coherent sentence that can actually be understood ....... and ....... the GOP would have you believe that they are intellectuals of above-average intelligence????

Yeah right ...

If they get any smarter, the next candidate for President will end up being "Bubba" ... you know the one ... the one who's britches hang below the crack of his arse, who scratches himself and guzzles "Billy Bob Beer" and eats peanuts and pretzels from the bar (and receives his mail at the local pool hall).

Now before you castigate me and say I am exaggerating ... let me say ... if the Republican candidates get any dumber, you will end up saying the very same thing yourselves. First GW Bush and now Sarah Palin - what next ... Bubba???

I rest my case. {Have fun guys - no name calling or knife throwing please}.

The dumbest of all are those who fall for the Democrats' excuse for a presidential candidate. Here's a guy claiming he was raised by a poor single mom. Truth is his mom was poor because she was pursuing her doctorate degree in Africa while her mother was tasked with raising little OB. Oh btw, his grand mother was VP of a large bank in Hawaii which afforded him the opportunity to attend the best private schools available, which lead to his matricualtion at Harvard. Good for him but please don't cry poormouth or even calim to know what iut feels like to be raised in poverty.
I think Obama agrees with you but he has us all in mind when it comes to dumbing things down. Open your eyes and ears, the truth is there just under the shallow veneer of a slick, fast talking Obama.

The dumbest of all are those who fall for the Democrats' excuse for a presidential candidate. Here's a guy claiming he was raised by a poor single mom. Truth is his mom was poor because she was pursuing her doctorate degree in Africa while her mother was tasked with raising little OB. Oh btw, his grand mother was VP of a large bank in Hawaii which afforded him the opportunity to attend the best private schools available, which lead to his matricualtion at Harvard. Good for him but please don't cry poormouth or even calim to know what iut feels like to be raised in poverty.
I think Obama agrees with you but he has us all in mind when it comes to dumbing things down. Open your eyes and ears, the truth is there just under the shallow veneer of a slick, fast talking Obama.

What ever source you used for information is obviously wrong.

Wikipedia says "After her divorce, Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, and the family moved to Soetoro's home country of Indonesia in 1967, where Obama attended local schools in Jakarta until he was ten years old. He then returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents while attending Punahou School from the fifth grade in 1971 until his graduation from high school in 1979.[6] Obama's mother returned to Hawaii in 1972 for several years and then back to Indonesia for her fieldwork. "

And according to factcheck.org "Actually, Obama took out loans to get himself through college [...] having to do with a construction job he had one summer while he was in college, and an article mentioning his job as a summer associate one year at a big Chicago law firm. In addition,Obama had three summer jobs Vietor didn’t tell us about for our original article: one at a gift shop inHawaii after his first year of college; another making sandwiches at a deli counter, also in Hawaii; and a third with a company that processed health records of police or firefighters. In addition, Vietor said, during one school year Obama worked as a telemarketer selling New York Times subscriptions over the phone."

Last edited:
And Palin is any different? Never mind that this is total bunk, but from what you show here is Palin any different?

Back