Don't fault Israel for Palestinians' intransigence - Page 6




 
--
Boots
 
December 12th, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Prove that Israel stole that land from the palestinians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Law Resource Center
  • Major Legal Principle Violated -
    • 2. Parties to military conflict and occupation, are required to allow civilians to return to their homes following the end of fighting no matter what their reasons for leaving.
  • As Per International Law -
    • Geneva Conventions IV (1949), articles 45, 46 & 49 (full text) (relevant articles - see below)
    • Geneva Conventions Protocols I (1977), article 85(4d) (full text) (relevant articles - see below)
  • This refusal amounts to illegal acquisition of Land and possessions (Theft)
December 13th, 2012  
Del Boy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
You had better catch up a bit, (a great deal, actually) virtually all of your post is many years out of date. Also I believe this country was settled by English settlers, (not Australians,... we were still effectively under British rule until 1st Jan. 1901) who did so at a time when it was the accepted thing and no International laws disallowed it. You had also better read what was said on this Forum about this matter several years ago showing exactly how out of touch you are. It has been a capital crime to murder an Aboriginal in Australia since 1832.

you invader of the British Isles.
I know that this thread was revived recently- not by me. But I reckon I might as well jog your memory, since the opportunity was here. But you are b/s me again - don't try - I shelved a great deal of stuff out of respect to Australia or Australians; I have no problem at all with them - just you and your bigotted measure. I may look further into the status of this thread, I think there is more to come.
December 13th, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
I know that this thread was revived recently- not by me. But I reckon I might as well jog your memory, since the opportunity was here.
You don't need to jog my memory,.... you are the one with memory problems.

Of course,... you don't remember all of the circular arguments, or the "the Merry go Round" or the "March of the Clowns" music that backed all you posts?

That was why everyone put you on ignore the last time you were out of the mental hospital.

Bye bye,...
--
Boots
December 13th, 2012  
Del Boy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
You don't need to jog my memory,.... you are the one with memory problems.

Of course,... you don't remember all of the circular arguments, or the "the Merry go Round" or the "March of the Clowns" music that backed all you posts?

That was why everyone put you on ignore the last time you were out of the mental hospital.

Bye bye,...
Oh, nice one Tweedledum. If that is all you've got, you've already lost it.
I doubt they'll ever let you out though.
December 13th, 2012  
VDKMS
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips

  • This refusal amounts to illegal acquisition of Land and possessions (Theft)
You didn't dig far enough.

UN resolution 194 :
that refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property which under principles of international law or in equity should be made good by Governments or authorities responsible. Instructs the Conciliation Commission to facilitate the repatriation, resettlement and economic and social rehabilitation of refugees and payment of compensation, and to maintain close relations with the Director of the Uited Nations Relief for Palestinian Refugees, and, through him, with the appropriate organs and agencies of the United Nations."
December 13th, 2012  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
You didn't dig far enough.

UN resolution 194 :
that refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property which under principles of international law or in equity should be made good by Governments or authorities responsible. Instructs the Conciliation Commission to facilitate the repatriation, resettlement and economic and social rehabilitation of refugees and payment of compensation, and to maintain close relations with the Director of the Uited Nations Relief for Palestinian Refugees, and, through him, with the appropriate organs and agencies of the United Nations."
So you make it easier:
- Are those Palestinians who want to return allowed to?
- Have those that don't want to return received compensation?

If the answer to any of those questions is No then Spike is right it is theft, you could of course argue that the "earliest practicable date" has not yet been reached but then that would be admitting that it is still Palestinian land.

Now I am sure I know where you are going with this but I will wait and see but needless to say other conflicts require other resolutions.
December 14th, 2012  
ScarabVenom
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Prove that Israel stole that land from the palestinians.
Did you see me mentioning Palestine anywhere in my post? If so, please remind me.

I've stated before that I'm not a Palestinian-Israeli conflict expert. But, I did state my opinion regarding Israel more than once, as well. Had I known more of the conflict, I'd happily discuss. But, I don't discuss matters that I'm not knowledgeable about.
December 14th, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
You didn't dig far enough.

UN resolution 194 :
In your vain attempt to make any excuse at all, you dug too deep,... Firstly, UN resolutions have no bearing whatsoever on International law?

Other than that nothing has changed, it's still theft, or in the case where the thief makes the return of the items conditional it then becomes theft with extortion.
December 14th, 2012  
VDKMS
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
So you make it easier:
- Are those Palestinians who want to return allowed to?
- Have those that don't want to return received compensation?

If the answer to any of those questions is No then Spike is right it is theft, you could of course argue that the "earliest practicable date" has not yet been reached but then that would be admitting that it is still Palestinian land.

Now I am sure I know where you are going with this but I will wait and see but needless to say other conflicts require other resolutions.
Well, most Palestinian refugees are hostile to the Jews and the reolution also says : "live at peace with their neighbors". If they can't do that they are not allowed to return.

Did you know that Israel declared its readiness to pay compensation for real properties left behind by the refugees. It also offered to take back into Israel up to 100,000 Arab refugees: (an offer later withdrawn, after the Arabs had steadfastly refused to negotiate with Israel).
VI- THE ARAB REFUGEES- INTRODUCTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
In your vain attempt to make any excuse at all, you dug too deep,... Firstly, UN resolutions have no bearing whatsoever on International law?

Other than that nothing has changed, it's still theft, or in the case where the thief makes the return of the items conditional it then becomes theft with extortion.
Theft? From who? Palestinians? Most of them left voluntarily. Do you know who the thief is? The Arabs who confiscated all Jewish properties and expelled them (like the Nazis did) and later on cried foul because they turned up in Israel. Or the Jordanians who confiscated everything from the Jews and expelled them, destroying all synagogues.
December 14th, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Theft? From who? Palestinians? Most of them left voluntarily. .
INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW
(applies during wartime and to military occupations)

2. Parties to military conflict and their armed forces are required to allow civilians to return to their homes following the end of fighting no matter what their reasons for leaving (related International Laws, Israeli violations, and references)