Does anybody have some advice on basic?

--

February 4th, 2004  
hooah_medic

Topic: Does anybody have some advice on basic?

I enlisted last june and my ship date is starting to come quickly. I was just wondering whether anyone had any advice or tips for basic.
February 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Welcome to the forum.

Any more specific questions? Just make sure you run a lot before you go and remember that you can take a lot more than your body thinks you can.
February 4th, 2004  
solomonwanca

Topic: i dont get it

what do you mean help on basic
--
February 4th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Basic Training, or "Boot Camp". Basicaaly your test to get into the army.
February 5th, 2004  
hooah_medic

I was just wondering if you guys could tell me how your basic was or what I could be expecting. My friend went to basic last summer, but he hasn't been much help.
February 5th, 2004  
Redneck

I didn't actually go to basic, I went to a bastardized four week version of it for ROTC, so I don't know how much help I'll be, but if you can think of any specific questions, I'll do my best to help you out.
February 5th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

www.goarmy.com/basic

You should find alot of the info you need there
February 5th, 2004  
Chaotic

easy
look straight ahead..
yell as loud as you can...
and what ever they ask you to do ... just do it .. never question the orders... INSTANT OBIDIENCE TO ORDERS..

clean a toilet with your toothbrush..
roger that..
polish the floor with your underwear..
good to go ..

funny ... it could save your life one day
"the instan obidience to orders.. not the underwear thing"

o yeah break easy .. dont be a hard a^&% they minute you break the easier is to rebuild you.
February 5th, 2004  
hooah_medic

Guyontheright, thanks for the site and for the advice from everyone else.
February 5th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Topic: oooh...how did i miss this?

To the young man needing some advice about basic..

the number 1 rule is control thyself. You have now obtained a military bearing with no idea how to rotate it: just watch what you say, when you say it, and how you say it.

the number 2 rule is..a drill or technical instructor is to be obeyed. right then. quickly and efficently, as fast or Faster than a command from your father or mother rates.

the number 3 rule...your group is only as good as the weakest link in that group. If you see the weak link, help it. if you are the weak link, ask for help.

no one ever died by drowning in sweat...dishwashing does build character and commaderie...and tuck this in a secret place of your heart and know...there is a world beyond basic. Good luck young man.