Difference between a female and male soldier - Page 3

--

November 13th, 2011  
dombarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Aside from the obvious lack of tackle and restrictions to serving in CA MOS's there are really no differences outside the inherent drama of having more than one female in a certain area. There are good ones, there are bad ones, there are middle of the road ones. Just like males.

I do long for the Infantry though.
Thank you for such an interesting observation !
November 14th, 2011  
dombarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
If you don't the difference between a male and female soldier one can't help but wonder are you old enough to be posting on here
I am certainly old enough
November 16th, 2011  
Big_Z

I always lol at the super hot ones with a fat dip in their mouth walking around like a stud. I'm not sure if thats awesome or a tragedy?
--
December 5th, 2011  
AVON

There are some things that have happen of which the "liberal mass media" would not be happy to hear about.
The first, I read in the US Naval Institute's "Proceedings Magazine" is that US Navy did a study around about the survivability of the USS Samuel B. Roberts (which hit a sea mine) and USS Stark (struck by two Exocet Missiles -only one warhead exploded) with sexually integrated crews versus all male crews. Sexually integrated crews would have most likely loss one if not both ships! The study concluded that one reason both ships survived is because of the high number of 'young' men! The ability to use massive physical strength and endurance for the first fifteen to eighteen hours was a critical aspect in the survival of both ships.

The second, I also read in the USNI Proceedings Magazine a news conference held Tel Aviv in which the Israeli Army announced that it would not longer have women in front-line combat units. The army spokesman said, "it is without any prejudice against women that we take this action." He went on to say that one responsibility a government has in a conflicts is to limit the number of casualties. To that extent we have found that sexually integrated ground units suffer more combat casualties than all male units. That regardless of the mental conditioning, young men will try and protect young women. Women have a higher casualty rates and young men become casualties by trying to assist female casualties.
While the Israeli Air Force has female aggressor fighter pilots, women are not allowed to fly combat missions. In the IAF all fighter pilots stop flying at age twenty-eight! The IAF feels after twenty-eight pilots are not as daring as they were in their early twenties. Something the IAF tends to keep in mind due to the first three days of the Yom Kippur War on the Golan Heights.
December 5th, 2011  
headwards

I find the ship 'fact' a little implausable; pumps and engines arent run by hand anymore, and there is still bound to be rope and tackle on board.
However there can be no doubting that when it comes down to baseline infantry the men do rise to the top. Perhaps that is a result of hundreds of years of military dicipline geared towards men i dont know.
It is a bit of a distasteful topic but I did read a book about it this year which highlighted the different management styles required and it was very interesting.
December 6th, 2011  
BritinBritain

As is well known, the Soviets used women as tank crews, front line pilots and snipers. I must admit some of the photo's I've seen of them, they were scary.
December 7th, 2011  
Spartan613

Road trauma statistics reveal something that military planners should keep in mind.... Those at greatest risk (in other words, the greatest risk-takers) on the road are males under the age of 25. Studies have shown that in that demographic, the part of the brain that controls risk-taking is not yet fully developed (whereas, in equivelant females, it has). It follows that, seeing as combat is one big risk-taking venture, you would want people with a (albeit mistaken) sense of immortality going toe to toe with the bad guys. Ever hear the motto "Who dares, wins". They made it up for good reason.
December 7th, 2011  
khryssa27

hello,im newbie of this forum.
December 8th, 2011  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan613
Road trauma statistics reveal something that military planners should keep in mind.... Those at greatest risk (in other words, the greatest risk-takers) on the road are males under the age of 25. Studies have shown that in that demographic, the part of the brain that controls risk-taking is not yet fully developed (whereas, in equivelant females, it has). It follows that, seeing as combat is one big risk-taking venture, you would want people with a (albeit mistaken) sense of immortality going toe to toe with the bad guys. Ever hear the motto "Who dares, wins". They made it up for good reason.
A military history professor at Sandhurst recently stated (when referring to Battler of Britain pilots), "The ideal age for a fighter pilot was 19, at that age they feels invincible."

Sadly, so many of them died during their first sortie.
December 9th, 2011  
Spartan613

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
A military history professor at Sandhurst recently stated (when referring to Battler of Britain pilots), "The ideal age for a fighter pilot was 19, at that age they feels invincible."

Sadly, so many of them died during their first sortie.
True. But that was more due to lack of training. Too many of them had only a few hours in the Spitfire or Hurricane (barely enough to learn how to fly the aircraft properly) and little to no actual "combat training" (how to fight with it).