Did the Marines Help Remove Taliban from Mts of Afghanistan?

FutureDevilDog

I was just wondering that because I was watching a documentary on the Military operations in the mountains of Afghanistan in 2002 and all they mentioned was the Army.

:salute2:

i dont think the Marines could have been left out of it. i know that there were a bunch there, but i dont know if they were there for the "chasing people in the mountains" part.

I remember browsing through a book in Barnes and Noble a couple months ago, it was about the war in Afghanistan, it said that about 250 to 300 Green Berets were pretty much responsible for ousting the Taliban. I don't really know how much truth there is to that, however knowing their capabilities, it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, the people who are the most responsible for the fall of the taliban are the special forces who helped train the Northern Alliance in modern warfare and the FACs who called in the airstrikes that obliterated Taliban positions.

Whereas before American intervention the Northern Alliance and the Taliban had squared off on two oposing mountain ranges in a stalemate for a decade, after one day of B-52 strikes the Taliban positions where completely obliterated. Imagine that, being a N.A. soldier who has been fighting over this one piece of ground for 10 years and then you wake up one morning and find that all your enemies are dead, dying, or fleeing. That's the power of the American airforce and the FACs.

I'm not sure what we are talking about. 300 Green Berets? I thought we had some fierce battles for the conquer of Kandahar and Kabul.

Back