which country is the most aggressive country?

--

December 8th, 2004  
ironface

Topic: which country is the most aggressive country?

I believe it is US,
December 8th, 2004  
Big_Z

We have to be, its not like the EU or UN is going to do anything unless they feel their lifes are in danger.
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
We have to be, its not like the EU or UN is going to do anything unless they feel their lifes are in danger.
since 911 ,the US guys developed the feeling of dangerous or
since long time ago?
--
December 8th, 2004  
Big_Z

I'm not sure if I understand that comment but if your asking if we just started being aggressive since 9/11 id say no, we have just become even more aggressive because of it. The US doesent have to feel like its in danger for us to go to war, I guesse thats why people tend to call us the "World police".
December 8th, 2004  
egoz

since our recent counter terrorism stance we have to be aggressive. there is a reason we have a pre-emptive strike policy. with a terrorist attack we can't wait to be hit before we can counter. if that were to happen the terrorist has already won.
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

At this point in time, its probably the USA. Its not about conquest or building an empire, despite what many nations and foreign peopel believe. Its about protecting our own interests and often it involves righting wrongs -- liberating Kuwait is a perfect example of that. The USA's military actions worldwide are somewhat unique in the history of the world. We aren't gaining any new territories or colonies for ourself. We're not subjecting anyone. I can't think of any example of anything like that from history.
December 8th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
At this point in time, its probably the USA. Its not about conquest or building an empire, despite what many nations and foreign peopel believe. Its about protecting our own interests and often it involves righting wrongs -- liberating Kuwait is a perfect example of that. The USA's military actions worldwide are somewhat unique in the history of the world. We aren't gaining any new territories or colonies for ourself. We're not subjecting anyone. I can't think of any example of anything like that from history.
Indeed, for a good overview of American aggression, ya'll should pick up the book:

"The Savage Wars of Peace: Smalls wars and the rise of American power"
December 9th, 2004  
rocco

china is just as aggressive. look at what they did to tibet.
they started a war with india, they back invasions in both vietnam and korea. they supported NK nuclear program, they have helped arm countries like pakistan and iran. have a bad human rights record. etc.
December 9th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
they supported NK nuclear program
Whoa, Whoa, slow down a bit. They supported NK Nuclear program? Since when?

Quote:
they have helped arm countries like pakistan and iran.
That doesn't mean that the country is aggressive.

Quote:
look at what they did to tibet.
The takeover was almost bloodless. However it killed a great deal of PLA soldiers during the process. Perhaps you should visit Tibet one day.

In answer to this query:
China's agressive international policies are high, but are not as high as America, who supported assasinations, attack nations overseas, and is the only country that used Nuclear Weapons intentionally.

The only thing that China is more aggressive is on the domestic front.
December 9th, 2004  
Redneck

Post sources for your claims. This is for everyone, so don't send me a PM saying "oh, but he did it first," I don't care.