Could the U.S have conquered earth?

--

September 30th, 2004  
battery

Topic: Could the U.S have conquered earth?

I'm not saying that the U.S ever would have the intention to do so, ever in history would it have been possible for the U.S to conquer earth? I was thinking it was possible in the 1940's and 50's but i'm not sure... What do you guys think?
September 30th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

No, wouldn't have enough men to garrison it all.
September 30th, 2004  
Airborne Eagle

We'll just settle for half the world's kids wearing Michael Jordan jerseys, drinking a Coke and singing an awful Top 40 song.
--
September 30th, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer

I don't know if pure manpower would be required; we were the only country with the capability to make nuclear weapons. Britain were the only ones who had a clue about it all...
September 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .... um, I mean no, we couldn't have.
September 30th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
Quote:

I don't know if pure manpower would be required; we were the only country with the capability to make nuclear weapons. Britain were the only ones who had a clue about it all...
Errm, Germany and Russia knew about it quite a bit.
September 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

If USA could produce 2 nukes per month in 1945, then it could.

In 1945 USA only need to nuke Russia to ruins in order to control whole world.
September 30th, 2004  
battery

I'm thinking that we could have forced Europe, Japan, madagascar, etc etc into submission and use them as bases... just a thought, perhaps truman would go crazy and figure " THE ONLY WAY TO ENSURE AMERICAN SAFETY IS TO ELIMINIATE ALL THREATS " who knows
September 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Didn't take the Soviets more than a year or two to spy out everything they needed to know. We weren't in a position to make them fast enough to nuke all opposition before the oppostions got their own.
September 30th, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
Quote:

Errm, Germany and Russia knew about it quite a bit.

This is true, but would it really matter? Germany was in ruins, all of their scientists practically ran to U.S, Russia would most likely be the U.S's first target- the whole threat thing