Could Japan develop a military presence to rival the best ? - Page 4

--

December 15th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

i have read intensively on japn in the past year, base on my readings, japan if thye channel they money and will to the military the can defintiely compete- who cares about china or russia,- wiith the USA

right now many americans think tank belives that the japanese people are trust worthy and not war mongers of the early opasts of the 1900s, thus, americans hawks dont minds japan beefing its military, but many Americans on the other hands still wants to influnce Japan more so then if jpan had to rely on the US for protection.

japan might not have the nukes and equipment to wage war and be an aggressor, but i can assure you this, if japan was attacked the jaopanese have contigent plans to have nukes ready in like weeks, and give them a year and they can battle with any1 in the world. if japan wasn't so small, i wouldn't be suprise if they owuld have a cold war with the USA by now.
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

haha, u just need to nuke the tokyo bay area and ur half-way to victory

japan is very vunlerble to attacks, just look at what the us had done.

if japan wants to own in the economy fine, but dont let them beef up their precious army because i dont want to see a masscre of japanese again, tthey shouldve learned their lessons already.
December 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I'm sick of all this "nuke" crap.
--
December 15th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field Marshal DJ
haha, u just need to nuke the tokyo bay area and ur half-way to victory

japan is very vunlerble to attacks, just look at what the us had done.

if japan wants to own in the economy fine, but dont let them beef up their precious army because i dont want to see a masscre of japanese again, tthey shouldve learned their lessons already.
dude you jsut too much entangle by history, just imagine if most people in the world think like you we will never have peace always revenge.
December 15th, 2004  
DarkSmari

off course japan will rise, we will rise again :P
December 15th, 2004  
SwordFish_13

hi,

Don't these Chinese have No-First use policy for using Nuclear Wepons like most of the others ?

India, America and Russia have a No-Fisrt Use policy.... i don't know about rest .

None of the nuclear powers have ever considered using (accept of course form one incident in hiroshima and nagasaki) them though the sparks have been on the higher side in the past..... cold war and all ...................... and i don't think someone will get away after using them against a Non-Nuclear rivel................they will have to face the warth of the world community..

Not to forget it's USA's responsibility to protect Japan form any Aggresser according to the Sanctions imposed upon Japan.?.............and last time i checked they had the biggest Stockpile of those thingies

Peace
-=SF_13=-
December 15th, 2004  
2Asskicker

japan will rise/...i dont think so..

in the fture. i think those who have more natural resource will rule the wrold...

japan is just a piece of island, noting more..not much potential...

it will one day provoke another war, probably with china, and got nuked a few more times again
December 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

He said "nuke" again.
December 15th, 2004  
2Asskicker

sorry, since japan is the only natin in the world been nuked before, i just like to use this word together with "japan"

by the way, i am impressed with japanese Type 90 tanks, a beautiful tank
December 15th, 2004  
WorldWatcher

Japan is actually our ally so we provide them with weapons and technology,As for the constitution thing, they already changed their constitution.One part of their constitution was that "Japanese militant units can't be on the soil of a foreign sovereign nation". They changed it to help the US out by sending forces into Iraq.
On another note,Japan is currently increasing it's military strength because of threats by N.Korea and because of the consistent "accidental enterings" by
Chinese submarines into Japanese waters.As far as "nuking Japan", Japan is a step ahead by,changing the constitution yet again,which formerly disallowed arms exports(not imports) with other countries.They changed that to start exporting arms to the US so the US could build Japan anti-nuclear ballistic missiles.
Japan IS an economic power. It is part of the G8 association.(For those who don't know the G8 are 8 industrialized countries who control most of the world's trade.Those countries currently include: USA,Canada,UK,Germany,Italy,France,Russia,and Japan.)
Also China would most likely not attack Japan.China has it's eyes set on Taiwan,which would be defended by the US and Japan(and Australia and UK because the US).Sooo that's my input.

Oh as far as Japan becoming a new military power.It can be because of it's relations with the US.What they lack in pure manpower they can make up in advanced technology.