Could Japan develop a military presence to rival the best ? - Page 2

--

December 13th, 2004  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
I don't think Kane is anti-American...
I do, hence the question to Kane. I am still awaiting the answer. I think it'll help me understand him. Well Kane?
December 13th, 2004  
Big_Z

Japan has already proved its not somebody to screw with. I honestly think if Japan had a 10 year notice of war it could defeat China, but thats just my opinion.
December 13th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
U.S.A. spends 25 times as much money on military expenditures as the next 4 countries in the world combined.
Or do you actually mean 2.5 times?

As for Japan to become a big military power, yes very possible.

Everything is possible in "theory", but reality is quite different than "thinking in theory".
--
December 13th, 2004  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
U.S.A. spends 25 times as much money on military expenditures as the next 4 countries in the world combined.
Or do you actually mean 2.5 times?

As for Japan to become a big military power, yes very possible.

Everything is possible in "theory", but reality is quite different than "thinking in theory".
Just about every topic and comment you make is in theory.
December 13th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
Japan has already proved its not somebody to screw with. I honestly think if Japan had a 10 year notice of war it could defeat China, but thats just my opinion.
The Japanese would beat the Chinese at sea right now I think. If a clear and present danger emerged from China in Japan's point of view, I think it would take less than 5 years for Japan to muster what's neccessary to defeat the Chinese militarily ... provided nothing goes nuclear.
December 13th, 2004  
DTop

No FlyingFrog that was 25 times. I was a little surprised myself.
December 13th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

DTop please check this only:

United States $466.0 billion
China $65 billion

USA spends about 7 times more on defence budget than PRC, how come USA spends 25 times more than all the following 5 combined?

You must have mistaken that .0 in 466.0
December 13th, 2004  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
The Japanese would beat the Chinese at sea right now I think. If a clear and present danger emerged from China in Japan's point of view, I think it would take less than 5 years for Japan to muster what's neccessary to defeat the Chinese militarily ... provided nothing goes nuclear.
No doubt the Japanese navy would crush China's. They could probably inflict some nasty losses on the American navy.
December 13th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

It is hard to say who will win the navy war.

U gotta to bear in mind when a Navy war breaks out, it is not simply a Ship vs Ship thing, it is with many different factors combined.

A navy ships group may look pretty impressive, but with 1 single tactic nuke the whole battle group is sent to hel.

There is no RULE in war, is there?
December 13th, 2004  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
DTop please check this only:

United States $466.0 billion
China $65 billion

USA spends about 7 times more on defence budget than PRC, how come USA spends 25 times more than all the following 5 combined?

You must have mistaken that .0 in 466.0
Frog, that was not my math. If you read my post I said it was merely a factoid that I heard on Television. I made no claim to its validity. Even if your numbers are correct (I wouldn't be surprised if they are), what does that have to do with Japan? After all that's the topic here.