Could Germany have defeated the US? - Page 5

View Poll Results :Could Germany defeat the US?
No, the US Navy would stop any invasion fleet before they arrived. 20 34.48%
Yes, long drawn out battle. 12 20.69%
Yes, short, quick knock out victory. 6 10.34%
No, the US Army would throw any invasion back into the sea. 6 10.34%
No, the US would eventually win a long drawn out victory. 14 24.14%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

--

August 18th, 2004  
Damien435

I am pretty sure that Mexico would feel a lot more threatened from the US than Germany, and if it comes down to bribing the Mexican government there again the US has the advantage.
August 18th, 2004  
Mark Conley

very interesting replies...thank you very much

its the way i see it as the only chance Hitler could of had to invade and take the United States...practical that is.

BTW..never underestimate the power of a fifth collum... Its one of the reasons why they tried to round up the usual suspects...

and with the US Navy ship thing...great Navy, limited ability to move quickly from one ocean to another...anybody concider the effect of taking or destroying the panama canal in this equation?

August 18th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Self Edit: Dang, I hate when this happends, You preess to times submit button
--
August 18th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Little known fact, Germany had one aircraft carrier in WWII, and as for this whole German Army larger than US Army, well yes, that was true, in 1940! We had the 16th largest Army heading into WWII, at the end we had the world's largest. (I think, I may be wrong, since it was 10 dead Russians for every dead German I may be wrong about the numbers post WWII.) And as you mentioned earlier, we had none of the equipment key to winning the war, we developed them during the war. h**l, the German technolgy really wasn't that great, they just kept building everything bigger than before, not that hard, but however their rockets and jets were far better than what we had, but a super charged P-51 could still keep up in a dogfight.
They were preparing for the war, they knew it was comming. We didn't
Yes that's true ! German for 10 Rooskies, Germans loved their Germany more that Russians Russia
For Germans, there was no one behind them with machinegun, saying "not one step backwards, if You do, You gonna be shot!"
Someone had to force them to fight for their homeland....
August 18th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Americans love their homland too. Somthing tells me wed be a ***** and half to try to clear out in an invasion
August 18th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

American Patroitism is the biggest! No question about that

About Patriotism:

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...2033&start=135

Enjoy!
August 18th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Were did that come from? It came from the fact that many of these so called "Nazi's" were first and foremost Americans who saluted the flag just as much they did the Swastika, if not more.

1 million, do you mean now or then? I couldn't belive we have that many now. That number is probably inflated with non-Nazi but Fascist sympathizing militia groups, etc...

Try watching "American History X"
August 18th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
and with the US Navy ship thing...great Navy, limited ability to move quickly from one ocean to another...anybody concider the effect of taking or destroying the panama canal in this equation?
The Japanese had plans to do that with Submarines that would surface, launch a plane which was loaded with explosives, and destroy the Pacific Gate and the Atlantin Gate.
August 18th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

If I recall correctly, the JJapanese came very close to doing this, but the Subs were called back to make a last ditch attempt to save Okinawa.
August 18th, 2004  
Big_Z

Don't leave out the hatred equation. Americans despised the Nazis with every ounce of soul they had. Every American might not fight for our country now adays but back then the rage was so overwhelming I think pretty much everyone would take up arms. Americans can do some pretty ammazing things when it comes to defending their homeland, the brits know this well.