Is Communist's movement dead now? - Page 4

--

July 18th, 2010  
zhaldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Only in a Monopoly can the producer set his price, take it or leave it. In the free market competetors can under cut the competition to sell more product & make more profit by selling more units. A command or regulated economy doesn't funtion efficiently or not as efficiently as it should because the restraints distort economic results.
Hello George
your point on restraints i don't agree with as the regulated prices are implemented only after taking into account the profits and losses.it does not affect the efficiency.I think in the free market quality along with reasonable price and not quantity what sells and undercut the competition.

Regards
zhaldev
July 18th, 2010  
A Can of Man

George has obviously not heard of collusion.
July 18th, 2010  
Kruska

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Can of Man
You just described capitalism.
Unlike many systems and ideologies, capitalism wasn't really invented to do anything. It simply evolved the day there was more than enough food to go around.
Hello ACoM,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

Quote:
there is no consensus on the precise definition of capitalism, nor how the term should be used as an analytical category.

So to me - simply generating a healthy profit - in accordance with regulations implemented by a social government for certain products (as such conducting a social economy) isn't capitalism.

E.g. Germany upon being reinstated in 1949, has implemented a social economy since 1949 - as such IMHO - it wouldn't work out to call profits being made in e.g. Germany - as being profits due to capitalism, but profits in accordance with a social economy.

Though topic eh!

Regards
Kruska
--
July 18th, 2010  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaldev
Hello George
your point on restraints i don't agree with as the regulated prices are implemented only after taking into account the profits and losses.it does not affect the efficiency.I think in the free market quality along with reasonable price and not quantity what sells and undercut the competition.

Regards
zhaldev
Quote:
George has obviously not heard of collusion.
I was talking economic theory & that's not always the same as the real world. Yes there are crooks who try to manipulate the system. There a guy here who's bought up most of the gas stations. Fortunatly there's one chain & some independents who are still around. Govt doesn't always do the right thing in regulatory matters either. The Penn Central Railroad went bankrupt in the mid 70s because of mandated rates that were below cost. Some of the House & Senate members on the Commitees overseeing transportation were in the Companies operating area & wanted a good deal for those Companies needing transportation & didn't believe P.C. when they said they would have to shut down if not given rate relief.
July 18th, 2010  
A Can of Man

Yes, but I like to talk about the real world.
Carry on.

And Kruska, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the definition of Capitalism.
July 18th, 2010  
Kruska

Quote:
Yes, but I like to talk about the real world.
Carry on.

And Kruska, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the definition of Capitalism.
Hello ACoM,

no prob - just push over a $ and I am on your side

Regards
Kruska
July 30th, 2010  
gentleworm

Topic: Thank for every ideas....!

I was very glad to get all of these good ideas to learn from it!
Please forgive me for any wrong info that I post out, and help me to correct it
coz I don't know alot about it! thz all bro