a commentary by Doc.S - Page 2

--

July 9th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

With all respect I read all of your posts, you stated very clear and the points are well based.

Although democracy and freedom are both relative concepts in practice, but they are way better than those in the so-called "communist countries".

As for China's case, we have a long way to go, towards a better society.
But I think we are very confident, and also patient, we will be there, towards a more free and equal society.
July 9th, 2004  
Doc.S

FlyingFrog

Thankyou for your understanding and yes sir.... I also believe that China will manage to make there way forward. Everything takes time. And I understand now one more thing. All humans around the globe think the same thing - Freedom - We all want freedom. But how it looks and how its managed that is from country to country. What is freedom for one person does not have to be freedom for another person. It is all relative and the freedom in sweden does not symbolize what I consider a true freedom. And to quote one great speach from one great man. One of my favourit quotes to be honest.

Quote:
For in the final analysis, our most basic common link, is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's futures, and we are all mortal.
John F. Kennedy, Speech at The American University, Washington, D.C., June 10, 1963

With great respect for all of you out here:
Doc.S

July 10th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
And I understand now one more thing. All humans around the globe think the same thing - Freedom - We all want freedom. But how it looks and how its managed that is from country to country. What is freedom for one person does not have to be freedom for another person.
Yes Doc, I like your above words very much

Yes we should let the people in those "not-yet-that-free" countries do decide what they want, a man can be very poor or un-free, but he does not want to be forced to an "living envrionment" from outside forces.

And I think no one should claim he/she has the right to say "look, I am richer and freeer than you", cuz above this man, there are plenty of other people who are more richer and freeer than him/her.

Respect others first, then you will get respect back, it is so simple but yet so important.

I really hope those leaders of the big power countries understand this, especially the leaders in USA cuz they are no doubt the only superpower

Thank you Doc.S, you have always been reasonable and state your views in a respectfull way, that is simply superb
--
July 10th, 2004  
Doc.S

Thanks FlyingFrog Yes sir....

Respect is something my generation did learn from the older generation where I live. And I have always shown the next person to me the same respect. In this new generation of kids in sweden. There are no respect for the older generation. They simply donīt have that in them. I can tell you this because I have a little sister and she is almost 11 years now.

And sometimes I wonder what have happend to the world. I have also worked with children in nursery school. Well I want my comming children to have a good and decent ground to grow up on. They will learn to respect other people. A great place for that must be the US.

People from all over the world are living there. But as you say FlyingFrog ---- sometimes I got worried when I see whats happening in the world. I donīt have any worm feelings for the dictator Saddam Hussein.

Donīt get me wrong here. But I still think that even a president have the right to an desent trial. Even a dictator as former president Saddam Hussein. I think that many more nations than US that you find here in Europe have responsibility to take in this matter. I donīt find all these indictment against Saddam Hussein allright. This is politics yes I know but any man with some knowledge can see that all this is not allright.

I think that every man that is in for a trial should have the right to have a defence counsel at his side. That is one of the rights I find great in a democray. All persons shall be consider not guilty untill they have proven to be. Not all suspects are guilty otherwise they would not be suspects kind of thinking. No one would like that kind of treatment. That is the thinking that seperates me from a dictator, we are all human beings.

That is something nazi germany and Adolf Hitler didn`t think about. We are living in a new millenium. And I think that what happens with Saddam Hussien and Iraq in the future will be a benchmark for the future of any nation that want freedom. I can only pray for the US soldiers and their allies and there Iraqi friends and their familys that we donīt see another Iran in Iraq. That would be a huge steep backwards.

Still I think it is for the future even more Important that nations that attack other nations from the start tells the world why they attack another nation. And that more countries take there responsibility to take more active steps to make this small planet a better place to live on.

If they have something to hide ---- I think it is better to say that insted of throwing things at those nations that do something for the simple man or women. I think that a broad alliance is better then a small alliance. If they tell the people the truth from the beginning and don`t play in the common intrests of our different industrial democracys I think more people would be saved from these different evils on our small planet.

Cheers:
Doc.S