Coastal Infantry vs. Coatal Jaegers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoastalJaeger

I was terribly offended here on this forum by a fellow Finn propably one from Upinniemen Coastalinfantry here is what he wrote:
Sorry to break it to you son, but you are not part of Finnish Marines. You are a regular Army soldier who's stationed in Swedish speaking base at the coast. That's why you are called Rannikkojääkäri. You are serving only six months and that makes you a Rubberhead 'kumipää' in Finnish. You are a free loader, almost as bad as civil service hippies. You just happen to have a green beret, it's not a symbol of Special Forces in Finland, it's just a green hat! Wake the f**k up!

Naval Infantry trains the Finnish Marines in Helsinki Naval Base in Upinniemi. Only 80 men/women(so far only men) make the cut on yearly basis. They are all specially trained for 12 months. The training contains mostly guerrilla activity in the Finnish archipelago and in normal forrests, rifle squad leading and explosive handling. All the training is done under a heavy mental pressure to increase mental strength. After the training they qualify as a squad leaders of a Naval Infantry rifle platoon. That's when their duty begins, they attend yearly military rehearsals and serve as active reserve's men/women until they hit 35. Not like you, Rubberhead, you dodge the real service for 6 short months, go home and forget about it!

-The White Predator Of The Northern Woods-

I need to set this record straight right now.

First of all, How can you compare us in anyway to those civilservice people!
The Green Beret is not just a "hat" , there are several things you have to complete if you want to get it and they are:
Cooper test: Run atleast 2800m under 12 minutes
Musclecondition: 9 points (only Finns might have a clue about how much this is)
Shooting Test:6 targets hit (ok, so this one is too easy)
Swimming: 200m under 5.30m (this one is quite easý as well)
And you must have gotten non warnings during your service time.

Then you also have to go a march which is called the beret march which this year was: 110km of cycling and 40km of walking on bad roads and with the 40kg rucksack and rifle...

"Just a hat?"

And then predator says I'm stationed in the army? well the brigade has been a part of the Marine since 1998 so how the hell can I be stationed in the army?

If I remember correctly the CoastalInfantry has been around since the 80's, the CoastalJaegers have been around since the 60's...

And if I'm as bad as civilservice hippies how come this is the third thoughest military education in the country right after the paratroopers and the divers?

And It's a Swedish speaking brigade... So what? 6% of this countrys population is Swedish speaking so of course we have a Swedishspeaking brigade in the country, and it's not like there's anything wrong with us the Swedish speaking generation in WW2 did just as well as the Finnish speaking...

And at last, in October we had a 5 night/6 day operation out in the archipelago and in one exercise we actually fought againts the Coastalinfantry and you know what? You got your ass kicked so bad in that exercise! we took 2 of them as prisoners and whooped your ass so bad....

So I hope I made myself clear for the people on this forum that what he wrote is just pure B.S. and atleast he could have had some respect when he wrote that and not just offend me like I was some stinking civilservice junkie...

Thanx,
-a proud CostalJaeger!

[/quote]

CoastalJaeger said:
I was terribly offended here on this forum by a fellow Finn propably one from Upinniemen Coastalinfantry here is what he wrote:
Sorry to break it to you son, but you are not part of Finnish Marines. You are a regular Army soldier who's stationed in Swedish speaking base at the coast. That's why you are called Rannikkojääkäri. You are serving only six months and that makes you a Rubberhead 'kumipää' in Finnish. You are a free loader, almost as bad as civil service hippies. You just happen to have a green beret, it's not a symbol of Special Forces in Finland, it's just a green hat! Wake the f**k up!

Naval Infantry trains the Finnish Marines in Helsinki Naval Base in Upinniemi. Only 80 men/women(so far only men) make the cut on yearly basis. They are all specially trained for 12 months. The training contains mostly guerrilla activity in the Finnish archipelago and in normal forrests, rifle squad leading and explosive handling. All the training is done under a heavy mental pressure to increase mental strength. After the training they qualify as a squad leaders of a Naval Infantry rifle platoon. That's when their duty begins, they attend yearly military rehearsals and serve as active reserve's men/women until they hit 35. Not like you, Rubberhead, you dodge the real service for 6 short months, go home and forget about it!

-The White Predator Of The Northern Woods-

I need to set this record straight right now.

First of all, How can you compare us in anyway to those civilservice people!
The Green Beret is not just a "hat" , there are several things you have to complete if you want to get it and they are:
Cooper test: Run atleast 2800m under 12 minutes
Musclecondition: 9 points (only Finns might have a clue about how much this is)
Shooting Test:6 targets hit (ok, so this one is too easy)
Swimming: 200m under 5.30m (this one is quite easý as well)
And you must have gotten non warnings during your service time.

Then you also have to go a march which is called the beret march which this year was: 110km of cycling and 40km of walking on bad roads and with the 40kg rucksack and rifle...

"Just a hat?"

And then predator says I'm stationed in the army? well the brigade has been a part of the Marine since 1998 so how the h**l can I be stationed in the army?

If I remember correctly the CoastalInfantry has been around since the 80's, the CoastalJaegers have been around since the 60's...

And if I'm as bad as civilservice hippies how come this is the third thoughest military education in the country right after the paratroopers and the divers?

And It's a Swedish speaking brigade... So what? 6% of this countrys population is Swedish speaking so of course we have a Swedishspeaking brigade in the country, and it's not like there's anything wrong with us the Swedish speaking generation in WW2 did just as well as the Finnish speaking...

And at last, in October we had a 5 night/6 day operation out in the archipelago and in one exercise we actually fought againts the Coastalinfantry and you know what? You got your ass kicked so bad in that exercise! we took 2 of them as prisoners and whooped your ass so bad....

So I hope I made myself clear for the people on this forum that what he wrote is just pure B.S. and atleast he could have had some respect when he wrote that and not just offend me like I was some stinking civilservice junkie...

Thanx,
-a proud CostalJaeger!
[/quote]

I agree white predator. Let's have a traditional fight: infantry vs. artillery, all vs. MPs, army vs. navy, national troops vs. FRDF, coastal jaegers vs. sailors, ALL vs. hippies and commies.

"And if I'm as bad as civilservice hippies how come this is the third thoughest military education in the country right after the paratroopers and the divers?"

Unfortunately you have wrong at this time. 6 months just can't be tough.

"And It's a Swedish speaking brigade... So what?"

Most swedish speaking were deserters in last wars (no any respect). Sweden itself is one of the most unreliablest countries to deal in any warbusinesses. They are just the weakest link as history has so many times proven (no respect). One reason why not to purchase JAS39, because only God knows could we get more of them when really needed and being threatened.

" 40km of walking on bad roads and with the 40kg rucksack and rifle..."

Not bad. We walked in forest 60km with full gear in 24h and one radio per squad. Weather was quite warm and each man carried few litres extra water and food supplies. Walking after that was a bit difficult for couple of days.

" in one exercise we actually fought againts the Coastalinfantry and you know what? You got your ass kicked so bad in that exercise!"

Did you shoot with live rounds? 8)

dont underestimate Rannikkojääkärit its one of the toughest military services in Finland after the paratroopers and divers, and maybe sisi's.

I am swedish speaking my self, and finnishswede is not a swede.

Snauhi said:
dont underistemate Rannikkojääkärit its one of the toughest military services in Finland after the paratroopers and divers, and meyby sisi's.

I am swedish speaking my self, and finnishswede is not a swede.

Yes, but that doesn't remove that cold fact that there was more swedish speaking deserters than finnish speaking, and nowadays there is also more swedish speaking civilian service hippies and quiters in percents. "Mammas lilla pullamössö pojkarna kan inte vara i militärtjänst och där kan man inte sova till sen och de ska alla flytta snabt till Sverige när ryska komma igen över gränset" But don't think about getting provocated anyway 8)

Like dougal said, you are welcome on this site, CoastalJaeger.

If anyone has a good reason for this thread to be unlocked, send one of us a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back