--
Boots

May 7th, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Topic: Civil Air Patrol

is there anyone in CAP
May 7th, 2004  
C/CPO

Hey I'm not in CAP but I did think about joining it at one point. However, I'm going to a NJROTC school now so doing both would be pointless. There are those at my school that do both just as there are some that go to the school and go to Young Marines.

Anyways I saw the title and just had to post here because of what happened on a little outing my school took today. (Remember we are still high school students and immaturity sprouts out every so often. Not from me of course.) Back to the story: Its short and sweet, a few of our cadets got tired of being called squids and some derrogitory (sp?) navy terms so they decided to talk back to the cap guys calling them bus drivers and such (no offense to all air force out there). What do ya know the two sides got into a fight. Only about 3 of our cadets and 6 of theirs it was crazy. Lasted a few minutes till their instructors could come over and beat the out of em. (not literally of course) It was only three of the 300 of our cadets but just lettin ya know. I'm sure its happened in other places before.

C/CPO
May 7th, 2004  
Darkmb101

This might help you

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...pic.php?t=1376
--
Boots
May 9th, 2004  
c/Commander

I have a friend who is a cadet first lieutenant in CAP...he hates having to salute a squid in the rare event our units do joint exercises.
May 23rd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

i hate having to salute officers in the CAP, i really hate butter bars once they get those shoulder boards their ego swells to three times its normal size. Also when ever i get into trouble because i didnt do what i was told to do (happens alot) i say "they have no authority over me its a volunteer organization centered around the air force copmosed mainly of civilians who have nothing better to do then boss around other civilians only because they have more "rank" or a high posistion then myself, better yet if you are able to put atleast some degree of the militart into this squadron i might actually do my duty." (most of worked, its a bit more military then before, and im a flght sgt now) If that doesnt shut them up i say "they salute the rank, but follow the man". That always shuts them up.
May 24th, 2004  
c/Commander

Yes, well. Thank you for that great characterization of officers in general, I'm sure those of us on this forum who are cadet or "real" officers really appreciate it.

***Warning- Shameless Rip on the Air Force/CAP***

Besides, zoomies' egos are the worst of any. It comes from having all that "Wild Blue Yonder" to blow your hot air into.
May 24th, 2004  
Mark Conley

well why is it that i am the last to hear about this wild blue yonder stuff...

nulli secundus: why did you voluntarily join an organization that uses rank as a means to manage teams to get a job called search and rescue done?
If your leadership truly doesnt get the job done..use the system to inform their supervision to remove them and get someone that can get the job done. If the problem is just you, why dont you use a volunteers perogitive and un-volunteer yourself? CAP has enough problems with just doing search and rescue without having to deal with you getting in trouble all the time because you cant do what you are told to do. Just wait until you join the Marines...

LCDR_SurfWar: thanks for the CAP zoomie warning. However, You'd better be nicer to our little zoomie brethren. They may just have to locate your tail in the wilderness, when you run out of fuel in your aircraft trying to decide wheres the best airport to get a cocktail at...
May 24th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

If they came to get me if i was downed id say go home and send in the Marines. why would i drop out of the cap im only in it for the SAR stuff and its closer then the Young Marines. I only challenege their authority because i know they hate it and because they have no authority over me they cant make me do anything. I alsocant wait till the Marines, its gonna be the best damn experience of my life. Also in the CAP rank really doesnt matter, its your grade that matters. Yeah i can now see why they have suck low egos its hard being in the air force,and all that pampering they get.
May 24th, 2004  
AFSteliga

I'm not in CAP, but I'm in the Canadian equivalent. The Royal Canadian Air Cadets. I hold the rank of Warrant Officer 2nd Class. (Second highest rank you can get in the RCAirC.)
May 24th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Dont call me a zoomie, im a ground pounder, soon to be a Ranger 3rd class once i get GTM quailified.