Chirstmas

--
Boots

November 14th, 2014  
tetvet

Topic: Chirstmas

Should Christmas be taken off the Calendar , Jewish and Muslim Groups seem to think so , I'm a Christmas and I think the event has become so commercialized to the Point it no longer has a meaning , most kids and adults don't have a clue why its a holiday and its a one day Holiday not two weeks , it is a day of deep meaning .
November 14th, 2014  
MontyB

Lets not forget us atheists who think all religious holidays are ludicrous.

Personally I think the answer is for governments to legislate say 5 paid vacation days to be taken in support of whatever religion/cause you support that way you can celebrate whatever you like whenever you like.
November 14th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

No, we need to have the Christmas spirit.....I start.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOj4VDd8E08[/ame]
--
Boots
November 14th, 2014  
Kesse81

Why must we always be so alike?
If you donīt want to celebrate Christmas, donīt.
Iīm not religious, but for me Christmas is a tradition and I will retain it that way.
November 14th, 2014  
tetvet

Yes Christmas is a tradition a day to feel good not a time of stress shopping here shopping there etcetera , etcetera , one of my best Christmases was in Vietnam , no presents no Christmas dinner , just a good feeling with good people , there was suppose to be a 24 hour Christmas truce that lasted about 24 minutes .
November 14th, 2014  
JOC

1st I celebrate it in honor of Jesus's birthday. I also like the joy the children have with Santa Claus and all the presents. Also I do admit I enjoy the Christmas goodies. Although my waistline doesn't.
November 14th, 2014  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
Yes Christmas is a tradition a day to feel good not a time of stress shopping here shopping there etcetera , etcetera , one of my best Christmases was in Vietnam , no presents no Christmas dinner , just a good feeling with good people , there was suppose to be a 24 hour Christmas truce that lasted about 24 minutes .
BTW Tet sorry to hear about the bad X-mass in Nam bummer. Sounds like NVA didn't have the Christmas spirit.
November 14th, 2014  
Kesse81

Well JOC, you have eleven months afterwards to get rid of your
waistline

For me, Christmas is about closeness with my family.

Christmas in Patrol Base line, Afghanistan 2011.
November 14th, 2014  
crazytanker

One Christmas I spent in Iraq camped in a hell hole of a town. At some point during the night, someone started singing "o come all ye faithful" and soon the whole company was singing. Until some Sergeant Major started hollering about"operation discipline".
November 14th, 2014  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesse81
Well JOC, you have eleven months afterwards to get rid of your
waistline

For me, Christmas is about closeness with my family.

Christmas in Patrol Base line, Afghanistan 2011.
Nice picture!