Chinese Military Doctrine - Page 7




 
--
 
January 28th, 2005  
MadeInChina
 
you guy ought to read what gingerbread has posted on this topic, he apparently worked hard to put these sources and infos and pics to show you that the chinese army is growing and is going to be a powerful force to be reconed with soon

the russians are good suppliers, but buying from one country has its disadvanteages, so with the new lifted bans china would have a vairety of buyers to choose from, it will be like a shooping spree 8)
January 29th, 2005  
ironface
 

Topic: Re: Chinese Military Doctrine


The chinese doctrine is fighting using your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
I was inspired by the other China thread on the same page to ask this question but I felt it required a different thread because the other one is quite a varied and rambling one.

What is China's basic military strategy? We know that the U.S. places it's faith in air power while the Soviets believed in the power of armor and mechanized infantry. So what kind of doctrine would China use in a war? I was really surprised to learn about its lack of aircraft carriers of a strategic bomber. Surely their generals don't still believe in WW1/Korean War style human waves attacks.
January 29th, 2005  
Whispering Death
 
 

Topic: Re: Chinese Military Doctrine


Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
The chinese doctrine is fighting using your head
What does that mean? How many generals in the history of the world do you think sat around and thought, "You know what my army needs? More stupidity!"


Nice post gingerbread!
--
January 29th, 2005  
A Can of Man
 
 

Topic: Re: Chinese Military Doctrine


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death

What does that mean? How many generals in the history of the world do you think sat around and thought, "You know what my army needs? More stupidity!"


Nice post gingerbread!


Classic.
January 29th, 2005  
gingerbeard
 

Topic: Re: Chinese Military Doctrine


Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
The chinese doctrine is fighting using your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
I was inspired by the other China thread on the same page to ask this question but I felt it required a different thread because the other one is quite a varied and rambling one.

What is China's basic military strategy? We know that the U.S. places it's faith in air power while the Soviets believed in the power of armor and mechanized infantry. So what kind of doctrine would China use in a war? I was really surprised to learn about its lack of aircraft carriers of a strategic bomber. Surely their generals don't still believe in WW1/Korean War style human waves attacks.
right let me explain this better, alot people misunderstood this statement by leading them to think only the chinese uses brain.

the philosophy of war is to use brain rather than superior men quality. is like where a gd fighter to kill tenths of men while strategy could kill millions. thoughtout the ages u would no find much "shock troops" of the chinese but rather clever in strategy, strategy as in, not to face the enermy totally directly (but flanks or encirculement etc..), through diplomacy, spies etc...., these where very advance strategies compare with any other country thoughtout the ages (excluding recently of course), not as plain as just chraging head on with heavy knights, which u see in alot of in western battles.

in fact, read about the wars of china, then u would understand why the chinese always say they concentrate on strategy rather than men quality.

u could still see it today, the chinese tend to concentrate on their missile technology, there is a chinese saying the best way to win is not to not through wars and battles (concept of not losing men).

another example is in ancient china, where a battle where the oxs were tied with dry grass by their tail, light it with fire, then the the ox chraged towards the enermy lines. u should read chinese war history, u would find it very enjoyable if u like cunning tactics. also the mongols were also very cunning too and very sucessful (with the use of ambush, and to balance their weakness with the enermy, examples are lighting 5 touchs for each man at night, making the small mongol armies look huge), as u can see its empire once did stretch from korea to the middle of germany.
January 29th, 2005  
ironface
 

Topic: Re: Chinese Military Doctrine


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
The chinese doctrine is fighting using your head
What does that mean? How many generals in the history of the world do you think sat around and thought, "You know what my army needs? More stupidity!"


Nice post gingerbread!
You guys must misunderstand what a general's basic merits.
Are generals all powerful,strong man? Every general is a good fighter?
like Achilles? General is not fighter,what can make him out of others is
,he has a good brain. He can foresight the enemy's every step,
he is firm under any substances rather than strong.We can say Achilles
is a good fighter but not a good general. As far as I know,
lots of US's generals are learning <Sun Zi tactics> I dont know
how it is in english. So we can say,it is culture difference.

We can watch lots of moive like 'gladiator','troy',etc.Most of the war
movie are concentrate on heroes,who are good fightors. But our
Chinese movie mostly concentrate on some kind of brain's fighting.

That is the different.
January 29th, 2005  
A Can of Man
 
 
What'??? That's impossible! General Schwarzkopf was in the front wielding his great big M-60 machine gun at the Republican Guard blasting them away like there would be no tomorrow!!!! General Patton?? ALWAYS THE POINT MAN!

The nature of generalship has changed since centuries ago. The West knows this Very well. Just how many bayonet charges did Napoleon participate in? Did he even fire a shot at the enemy himself??
January 29th, 2005  
gingerbeard
 
principle is the same, alot generals didnt get to the rank general until he has proven himself, learn to obey before u command.

modern generals have all participate in a battle before, or fighting, doesnt nesscary to be a gd fighter, but it shows they know something about battle since they went in it.

most generals, when ranked general wouldnt participate in a battle with his men as he would when he was a private. too valueble to lose a general in battle.
January 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man
 
 
Actually I think the majority of Generals have never seen anything like combat. But these guys rarely ever get to command a large combat unit. But I see your point.
Of course this is the best place to learn about leading and fighting. Here you can learn off mistakes of the predicessor, the strengths as well and see what it all looks like when the rubber meets the road.
Same goes with any army.
January 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death
 
 

Topic: Re: Chinese Military Doctrine


Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
You guys must misunderstand what a general's basic merits.
Are generals all powerful,strong man? Every general is a good fighter?
like Achilles? General is not fighter,what can make him out of others is
,he has a good brain. He can foresight the enemy's every step,
he is firm under any substances rather than strong.We can say Achilles
is a good fighter but not a good general. As far as I know,
lots of US's generals are learning <Sun Zi tactics> I dont know
how it is in english. So we can say,it is culture difference.

We can watch lots of moive like 'gladiator','troy',etc.Most of the war
movie are concentrate on heroes,who are good fightors. But our
Chinese movie mostly concentrate on some kind of brain's fighting.

That is the different.
:jaw hits floor:

You just came posting into this forum with the theory that the US is just discovering Sun Tsu and that our military is designed around what you see in Hollywood films. Wow, just, wow... how old are you?