Can USA really win a big war? - Page 2

--

August 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius
How bout nuclear subs or land based missle from the US, have you forgoten those..
No. But those subs can not be used for bombing. Land based missiles, from where? From thousand kilometers away? No problem, maybe you have not yet read the Chinese Cruise Missile test last month, range 2500 KM, CEP 5 meters.

Quote:
All out doesn't necesaraly mean insane, but if you want to go those levels...
If you want to use nukes then it be so much easier to take out China.
You maybe able to get some nukes to hit the US, but in a whole the US would still survive. The US on the other hand will be able to hit China at will, completely obliterating it out of existence.
You believe how many 14000 KM ranges Chinese ICBM China has? Guess it. PLA generals are very sure to destroy USA once completely with nukes if China is nuked by USA.

Quote:
Besides we have long range bombers that can fly across the world, we can take off from Kansas and hit China if we want to.
Yes you have, but Chinese subs (093, 094 tyes) can do the same.
Btw, those long range bombers can not do too much damages to China, that country is too big, and they will be shot down. So it is not a real good option.
August 30th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Quote:
No. But those subs can not be used for bombing.
He meant cruise missiles...

This conversation Is pathetic, every discussion that features critiques of China by the rest of the world posters or features critiques of America by Chinese posters have dissintigrated into this crap of "We can blow you up before you can blow us up".
August 30th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

For me, I need more information on the US and Chinese nuclear capabilities. Just saying "no US have more and stronger bomb! "no china has many more bomb! general say so!"

Could ya guys give out some hard sources and overview the strength's and weaknesses of both nuclear arsenals? I was always under the impression both were assured MAD.
--
August 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

GuyontheRight is right

It has never been the intention of the discussion.

But I notice one of your undertone:
So you think only Chinese are making critics to Americans?
And all of the rest of world is making critics to Chinese

Oh don't get me wrong either, I think the majority of American people is simply great people. Intention here is only for exchanging view, nothing more.
August 30th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

http://globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/china/index.html
^China
August 30th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Quote:
But I notice one of your undertone:
So you think only Chinese are making critics to Americans?
And all of the rest of world is making critics to Chinese
No, I meant "posters" as In people On this forum. The world tends to hate both of us. [/i]
August 30th, 2004  
gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Btw, those long range bombers can not do too much damages to China, that country is too big, and they will be shot down. So it is not a real good option.
That's what you you'd like to think. You'll have to see them first.

Every year your weapon technology advances, the US advances ten.

Besides we could stand off and shoot cruise missles from our bombers from a hundred miles off shore.

We'll hit you with hundreds and hundreds of bombs per day, you'll be lucky if you get a couple of bombs in the continetal US.

I think you put too much faith in your own propoganda.
August 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Yeah GlobalSecuriy is a general source.

Nuke program is the TOP secret in PLA.

Just use common sense you can imagine a bit about it:
China got nukes from 1964, 40 years past.

OK, let me say frankly:
1. Chinese nukes total is about 2500 nuke warheads.
2. number of ICBM, I DO NOT KNOW.
August 31st, 2004  
gladius

I don't want this discussion to turn ugly, so I'm going to back down from the stuff I said before.

But I'lll go ahead and answer the original question again, can America win a big war?

If the American people are united and willing to bear the sacrifice the a large war will entail, yes they can.

The only thing stopping America from winning war when they have the clear advantage is the public and political pressure to end it.
August 31st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Since it has been established that both the US and China have the ability to "blow the hell out of something", let's get back on topic.