Can taiwanese kidd DDG can restrain ambition of China?

I don't know what they teach in school these day in USA. but i'm pretty sure the person above must be overreacted.

:angel: According to what he said, I should feel very oppressed. am I ?

ASTRALdragon vbmenu_register("postmenu_200248", true);

1. Lol..that shows you have never been to China…my dad is currently in China right now and he has high-speed internet (I tried it last year back in China…not bad). And google is like a really really tiny search engine in China right now, we got sina, baidu, sohu and all those big ones . In china right now, forums are everywhere and everyday people are shitting communist government….who can catch them?? no one, clearly you have never been to china and do not know mandarin
2. China cut off its tie with Pope because Vatican has diplomatic tie with Taiwan (China cuts ties with any nation that has diplomatic tie with Taiwan), the Pope is currently considering this issue and there will be some big change soon. By the way, all catholics in China are loyal to the pope, that is something you cannot restrict.
3. dude. Not sure about your third point, what do you mean on that?
4. People only get exucated in China for mass murder or drug crimes. Consider how big the population China has and density of the population, the number of criminals is pretty much normal at that level. Since 1980s, rarely a political prisoner (I haven’t heard of any, although my parents know the Police Chief of Taiyuan ( a city of 2 million people) got shot in China. Again, if you go into a Chinese forum, all sorts of people are critizaint the government, you can go check out yourself.
Every nation has poor people. I saw those people in New Orlean got abandoned ,should I say U.S sucks? You know even in China, soldiers gave up their lives to save civilians during the 1998 flood.
5. China has like hundreds and thousands of newspare and hundreds of TV stations…there are a greater deal of freedom of speech right now, ask Bulldog, he knows.

Umm, I just went to google.com and google.cn and seached democracy. Near as I can tell I got the same results on both sites.

Tiananment appeared to have different results though, not surprisingly, as well as Mao Zedong.

chinese-canadian said:
2. China cut off its tie with Pope because Vatican has diplomatic tie with Taiwan (China cuts ties with any nation that has diplomatic tie with Taiwan)
Except for America, like all other nations China will bad mouth America's policies of buying whatever we want/need but if we offer them a little money they will open themselves up to whatever we want.

Last edited:
Damien435 said:
Umm, I just went to google.com and google.cn and seached democracy. Near as I can tell I got the same results on both sites.

Tiananment appeared to have different results though, not surprisingly, as well as Mao Zedong.

Except for America, like all other nations China will bad mouth America's policies of buying whatever we want/need but if we offer them a little money they will open themselves up to whatever we want.

once again..google is not even in the top ten list as search engine in china..and by the way, most people who are even a bit smarter will know search Tiananmen in a different manner (in mandarin of course) and you will find some "suprising" results....

U.S does not have official tie with Taiwan you moron
I am talking about formal diplomatic relationship....

Right right, we just keep a fleet in the straights to protect their independence and sell them military gear to defend themselves from Chinese aggression, but nothing "official". My mistake.

Damien435 said:
Right right, we just keep a fleet in the straights to protect their independence and sell them military gear to defend themselves from Chinese aggression, but nothing "official". My mistake.

right...and we just keep supply Iran and North Korea with nuke bombs.....but nothing "official"

The topic has missed from the subject.
most problem,basically the missile hit rate is very low .
For instance,
by James Dunnigan
The hit rate of the western missile such as Harpoon is about 10% in the actual combat.
And, the hit rate of the missile of Russia is from 0~3%.
Moreover, this is a figure with the backup situation that Russia enhanced.
as Legenda-System or TU-95.
Therefore, judging from these information,
The hit rate of Chinese missile might be about 0,7% in the actual combat.

Last edited:
sandy said:
The topic has missed from the subject.
most problem,basically the missile hit rate is very low .
For instance,
by James Dunnigan
The hit rate of the western missile such as Harpoon is about 10% in the actual combat.
And, the hit rate of the missile of Russia is from 0% to about 3%.
Moreover, this is a figure with the backup situation that Russia enhanced.
as Legenda-System or TU-95.
Therefore, judging from these information,
The hit rate of Chinese missile might be about 0,7% in the actual combat.

probably...but considering the sheer number of missiles, plus submarines, plus su-30, plus land-based missiles ( the Taiwan strait is very narrow if you check out the map), the tiny fleet of Republic of China's surface ships can hardly survive

Not even China trusts Iran or North Korea with nukes, China (rightfully so) trusts Kim so little that they send very little aid to North Korea because it will all go to feeding the soldiers and political elite, not the average Joe who needs it. China, along with the EU, US and Russia is trying to stop the enrichment of Uranium on Iranian soil.

BTW, China's relationship with North Korea is quite official. I don't know if you know this or not, but you also kind of proved my point with your statement.

Damien435 said:
Not even China trusts Iran or North Korea with nukes, China (rightfully so) trusts Kim so little that they send very little aid to North Korea because it will all go to feeding the soldiers and political elite, not the average Joe who needs it. China, along with the EU, US and Russia is trying to stop the enrichment of Uranium on Iranian soil.

BTW, China's relationship with North Korea is quite official. I don't know if you know this or not, but you also kind of proved my point with your statement.

My point was everyone is doing something behind others' backs, but the important thing is the official recgonition because it represents the primary diplomatic strategy of a nation towards others

like U.S, which only recgonizes China, has its diplomatic focus on China and will never support the independence of Taiwan (instead, keep the status quo of One China, two seperate governments)

In an even more completely unrelated story.

I like the "One China" party line that most nations are toting these days. They say in public that it is one nation yet behind closed doors they are trying to keep three seperate governments (PRC, Taiwan and Hong Kong) and posibly try to create four nations out of this mess (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Tibet, although the latter is a lost cause. But they, "Free Tibet" has a nice ring to it.)

Sorry about getting snippy earlier, got a lot on my mind.

It is necessary to understand as not the border but a sphere of influnece in Asia before modern ages.

In short,
It is convenient, and insists that there was a modern border from
ancient times.
It is inconvenient. It is insisted that there be only a vague sphere of
influnece before modern ages.

When strictly thinking
The region without the concept of the unified country to the colonization is
greatly confused・・・・・・・・・

achinese said:
I don't know what they teach in school these day in USA. but i'm pretty sure the person above must be overreacted.

:angel: According to what he said, I should feel very oppressed. am I ?

Actually, I studied all these things from the news. So if you're saying the Associated Press is lying...

chinese-canadian said:
ASTRALdragon vbmenu_register("postmenu_200248", true);

1. Lol..that shows you have never been to China…my dad is currently in China right now and he has high-speed internet (I tried it last year back in China…not bad). And google is like a really really tiny search engine in China right now, we got sina, baidu, sohu and all those big ones . In china right now, forums are everywhere and everyday people are shitting communist government….who can catch them?? no one, clearly you have never been to china and do not know mandarin
2. China cut off its tie with Pope because Vatican has diplomatic tie with Taiwan (China cuts ties with any nation that has diplomatic tie with Taiwan), the Pope is currently considering this issue and there will be some big change soon. By the way, all catholics in China are loyal to the pope, that is something you cannot restrict.
3. dude. Not sure about your third point, what do you mean on that?
4. People only get exucated in China for mass murder or drug crimes. Consider how big the population China has and density of the population, the number of criminals is pretty much normal at that level. Since 1980s, rarely a political prisoner (I haven’t heard of any, although my parents know the Police Chief of Taiyuan ( a city of 2 million people) got shot in China. Again, if you go into a Chinese forum, all sorts of people are critizaint the government, you can go check out yourself.
Every nation has poor people. I saw those people in New Orlean got abandoned ,should I say U.S sucks? You know even in China, soldiers gave up their lives to save civilians during the 1998 flood.
5. China has like hundreds and thousands of newspare and hundreds of TV stations…there are a greater deal of freedom of speech right now, ask Bulldog, he knows.

Actually, I DO speak Mandarin. I'm trilingual (English, Vietnamese, and Chinese-Mandarin). I took Mandarin for 2 years as my foreign language requirement in high school and then an additional 3 quarters in college because I needed to fill up some GEs. I also entered into a foreign study program in college where I ended up living with my relatives in Beijing for 10 months taking classes at the University of Beijing. It was quite fun (food and lovely ladies always make it good), but it was also quite an eye-opening experience, which made me value all the freedoms and rights I enjoy here in the US. Granted the method in which I learned Mandarin was not the greatest (pinyin kind of sucks), I know enough Mandarin to get around.

Eh I tire of this, plus it is getting way off topic.

Damien435 said:
In an even more completely unrelated story.

I like the "One China" party line that most nations are toting these days. They say in public that it is one nation yet behind closed doors they are trying to keep three seperate governments (PRC, Taiwan and Hong Kong) and posibly try to create four nations out of this mess (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Tibet, although the latter is a lost cause. But they, "Free Tibet" has a nice ring to it.)

Sorry about getting snippy earlier, got a lot on my mind.

ya...but the Chinese culture and identity are strong enough to pull these 3 parts of China together. If you look at the cycle of Chinese history, it is always from chaos and seperation to unification again....

but i have to agree that I am not so sure China will fall apart in the next century or stay unified and take back Taiwan

ASTRALdragon said:
Actually, I studied all these things from the news. So if you're saying the Associated Press is lying...

Actually, I DO speak Mandarin. I'm trilingual (English, Vietnamese, and Chinese-Mandarin). I took Mandarin for 2 years as my foreign language requirement in high school and then an additional 3 quarters in college because I needed to fill up some GEs. I also entered into a foreign study program in college where I ended up living with my relatives in Beijing for 10 months taking classes at the University of Beijing. It was quite fun (food and lovely ladies always make it good), but it was also quite an eye-opening experience, which made me value all the freedoms and rights I enjoy here in the US. Granted the method in which I learned Mandarin was not the greatest (pinyin kind of sucks), I know enough Mandarin to get around.

Eh I tire of this, plus it is getting way off topic.

lol...now I believe you speak Mandarin
and I agree that the level of human rights in China is still far from that of western nations...but you have to see the dramatic improvement of last 20 years in China...China really changed man

zander_0633 said:
Well, I am Chinese, so I learn chinese since young! hehe! I also take up German as my third language!

Good luck with the German dude. I read in some journal that English and German are considered the world's hardest languages to learn.

I took a smattering of foreign language classes in high school, Spanish, French and German, do not remember a lick of any of them. But what I do remember is that German seemed like the easiest of the three because there were a lot of... parabola? Something that starts with a P that means the two words have the same sound, same meaning in different languages. Pretty sure it is not parabola, that sounds like something from math.

hah~ Well, actually, Hebrew is the hardest language to learn! For me, I think Chinese is the hardest to learn! I have yet to muster the Chinese Language!

Back