Can taiwanese kidd DDG can restrain ambition of China?

Damien435 said:
And how long could the PLA stand up to the USN?

hmmm......
shredded_paper.jpg

n open ocean? I guess PLAN can stand up to probably two U.S aircraft carrier groups..

In the opcen ocean the PLAN would never make it close enough to the CBGs to do any damage.

Rabs said:
In the opcen ocean the PLAN would never make it close enough to the CBGs to do any damage.
Beat me to iot Rabs. Their best weapons for maritime defence are land-based aircraft. If they're outside of range of their air cover their navy is going to get turned into the world's largest apartment complex for fishes.

ASTRALdragon said:
I know about half of those events in history. I also know that Taiwan broke off because of the whole Mao revolution and they deserve their own country because they were being persecuted for the government ideology in their own homeland. I know that from 1950-1990 China didn't give a rat's ass about Taiwan until they saw what a strategic military, political, and ecomonic symbol it would be. I know that every century or so that new boundaries are drawn and new/old countries are created/merged. You do not see the Mexicans whining and rattling sabers with the U.S. to give them back the western half of the U.S. because they "discovered" it and have lived their for God knows how long. China should just accept it as it is today. I don't knwo if China realizes it, but a good portion of the world are making fools of them in the way that they say on the surface that they support the "one-China policy" but are making lucrative business deals with Taiwan behind China's back (ex. U.S.: hey yea it's one China, but we're going to sell 4 pretty damn advanced warships to Taiwan but not to you). Whatever the deal is, I think Taiwan is better off as an independent nation. Look at the economic turmoil in rural parts of China. People are even hinting at the notion of another "revolution." Look at Hong Kong, China said, "Don't worry, we'll let you retain your own government and democratic ways after the British returns you to us, but we'll have to control 80% of that government not with elected officials, but with political businessmen who favor us and are under our payroll."

After WW2, Taiwan was to be given back to China according to Cario declaration, but the Nationalist party, who lost the faith of Chinese people after failure to kick out the japanese invaders and to build up a crediable government, fled to Taiwan and accpeted Japanese surrender there.

Both sides recognized that Taiwan belongs to the Chinese people, period. and right now Taiwan is still called Republic of China. Both sides hoped someday China can be reunited (as always after a period of chaos) despite the split. Nationalists party wanted eventual reunification (nationalists just won both partilemts and municipal elections). and in mainland we want an eventual unification too. However, what we are both agasint is the so -called republic of Taiwan's independence. No one agreed that the land was to be given to some Republic of Tawian and so-called Taiwanese (who have the same language, same culture, same everything with Chinese culture)

By the way, China has always been seeking the unification of the nation since ever. There were armed conflicts, we held talks on the issue many times since 1950s.

and Hongkong issue, that just showed your ignorance
right now, 50% of the parliment is elected in Hongkong, even Britain didn't give hongkong the right to elect all of its officials, Chinese people is workong on this right now.

called republic of Taiwan's independence. No one agreed that the land was to be given to some Republic of Tawian and so-called Taiwanese (who have the same language, same culture, same everything with Chinese culture)
Yeh Taiwan is like China, except for the being free part.

They dont have to look over their shoulders if they type freedom into a google search.

should be enough to deal with 1-2 aircraft cariers, along with the help of s-30s
Yes, the su-30 is a good bird but its land based and avionically is a generation behind the super hornet. You do realize that carries travel in battle groups right and the 7th fleet being the most powerful fleet to ever sail. Its consititnely 1 or 2 days from China.

Ticonderoga guided missile cruisers and Aleigh Burke DDG (guided missle destroyers) both of which are way more advanced anything listed on sino defense. Especially the Ticoderoga and Burke which can realiably intercept 50+ inbound supersonic missiles each.

Currently there are 2 Ticoderoga and 5 Aleigh burke DDGs deployed. Do the math. This leaving out the less capable but sitll lethal Olivery Perry Class guided missle frigates.

Understateing the capabilites of those ships we'll say they can intercept 25 each. Thats 175 inbound missiles.

So carrying 4 missles each thats 44 Su-30s. Dont forget they would have no air to air weapons to deal with the the waves of superhornets supported by awacs that would be on there way to intercept them.

So the SU-30s would be thrown into a meat grinder not very many would come out of, and your scenario of merging 2 CSFs would double everything. As for the PLAN they would be simpily murderd by the 688is before they would get withing strikeing range and if they did, they would just face repeated salvos of stand off weapons from super hornets and ships.

Dont forget that all your planes and ships are painted at 800kms out.

Anything that hits the 800km perimeter is automatically scaled at a threat level. Don't you think that a CSF commander under NETFORCE is going to be able to determine the likely OPFOR assets in theatre, deployed the fleet as a layered response and also bought in peripheral (non CSF) strike elements? At 200k a flight of incoming would be at risk. Su-30s would have been engaged at 450k's by organic air defence, at 200k they are starting to come into LR-SLI response areas. At the same time that the info is being passed along that the chinese just attacked a CSF the fleet or LR strike are going to strike the home airbases with TLAMs SLTLAMs - hence the aircraft have no base and have just had their bingo call escalated considerably as they need to find another base to return to.

Last edited:
Rabs said:

They dont have to look over their shoulders if they type freedom into a google search.

en....I have been living in China for 13 years and I donthave to look over my shoulder to type freedom in a search link, google or not

have you even been to China?

yes,i had been living in china for a year and
I became disagreeable about China.
Government officials think the demand of the bribe to be natural.
People loudly shout and disperse.
Public health is cruel.
The promise of business is not kept.
I am already cheesed.
I never been to china
It is very natural that Taiwanese dislikes Chinese.
Taiwan was more wonderful than China.
Government officials do not demand the bribe.
Public health is good though it is not perfect.
Work was polite, and promise were kept.
The democracy of Taiwan is not certainly perfect.
However, this is better far of China.

OK,Let's give examples.
1:47AM, September 21th, 1999
A large earthquake happened in Taiwan, and about 4800 people died.
China obstructed help from all over the world to this situation by
using foolish logic.
「Taiwan is a part of China. Send the rescue goods by way of Beijing. 」
"The rescue corps must obtain the permission of Beijing. "
Many people died by this ridiculous logic.
If China thought Taiwanese to be brothers, chian should have rescue them at first.
The reaction of the president Li Teng-hui who at this conjuncture against was
perfect.
It contrasted, and his working was wonderful with incapacities in Beijing.
At that time, I noticed leaders in Beijing thinking the people to be domestic animals.

Classics of China are wonderful.
All wise man's wisdoms are blocked there.
The leaders in China are the worst.
All man's stains are blocked in them.

Last edited:
I have been living in China for 13 years and I donthave to look over my shoulder to type freedom in a search link, google or not

That might be cause your search engines filter anything the government doesnt want you to see out.

Rabs said:
That might be cause your search engines filter anything the government doesnt want you to see out.

dude....only morons do not how to avoid the so called censorship

let me explain

In china, there is about 200 million internet users now,

and in Beijing, there are so the call thousands of internet police or something, remember, this is in China, cleaners in that building are also counted in, clerks, accontants or whatever bureacrats..
so the real internet cop is around couple hundred people

a couple hundred people try to control 200 million internet users....

sandy said:
yes,i had been living in china for a year and
I became disagreeable about China.
Government officials think the demand of the bribe to be natural.
People loudly shout and disperse.
Public health is cruel.
The promise of business is not kept.
I am already cheesed.
I never been to china
It is very natural that Taiwanese dislikes Chinese.
Taiwan was more wonderful than China.
Government officials do not demand the bribe.
Public health is good though it is not perfect.
Work was polite, and promise were kept.
The democracy of Taiwan is not certainly perfect.
However, this is better far of China.

madam Sandy
I agree that China is really crappy now, but have you heard the chinese proveb, a loyal dog won't abaondon his master just because his master is poor.

I won't just give up my identity because my homeland is crappy
so do many chinese people in Taiwan, currently they want to keep the status quo to keep out the communist government, but they also want to reunite someday with China when mainland becomes democratic

and by the way, chinese people in Taiwan like China very much too, currently, millions of Chinese from Tawian are working , studying and doing busines in mainland.

Rabs said:

I think China's lack of BASIC human rights, massive government corruption, and gigantic gap between the rich and poor (Is there even a middle class?) is what make me very anti-Chinese government. Why can't you search words such as Falun Gong? Or Tiananmen square? Or democracy? Do they have something to hide? Must they hide truth and knowledge from their own citizens? Why can't Catholics worship/praise their true spiritual leader instead of some state-appointed moron who is basically a mouthpiece for the state and probably haven't even seen a Bible before? Why can't farmers stage peaceful protests without being beat down by the police against the illegal confiscation of their farmland because some local official wants to line his pockets with yuan? Why is there a need for a re-education camp? Are China's goals so outrageous they must force it on others?

No, I haven't lived in China (you could pay me $5 million annually and I still wouldn't live there) but I visit it for a month every summer (I have relatives over there) and I've seen enough to make me disgusted that a government could treat its citizens like that.

Well, every country has it's rules to adhere to! So you can't say China's policies are not good. Just because the news report that people are angry of the CCCP Government, this does not mean that the whole population does not support it! Remember, if they did not support Communism, they would not have helped Mao Ze Dong!

ASTRALdragon said:
I think China's lack of BASIC human rights, massive government corruption, and gigantic gap between the rich and poor (Is there even a middle class?) is what make me very anti-Chinese government. Why can't you search words such as Falun Gong? Or Tiananmen square? Or democracy? Do they have something to hide? Must they hide truth and knowledge from their own citizens? Why can't Catholics worship/praise their true spiritual leader instead of some state-appointed moron who is basically a mouthpiece for the state and probably haven't even seen a Bible before? Why can't farmers stage peaceful protests without being beat down by the police against the illegal confiscation of their farmland because some local official wants to line his pockets with yuan? Why is there a need for a re-education camp? Are China's goals so outrageous they must force it on others?

No, I haven't lived in China (you could pay me $5 million annually and I still wouldn't live there) but I visit it for a month every summer (I have relatives over there) and I've seen enough to make me disgusted that a government could treat its citizens like that.

1.you can search those words, just not through google.cn (it is not even the top 5 search engines in China)...I did that and received tonnes of information back in China
2. Catholics can worship in China, we have a big Church in Taiyuan
3.and in 76000 protests last year, only one went bloody...what is that odd???
4.there is no freaken re-education camp today now..the State cannot afford that

5. what have you seen in China there?

Damien435 said:
If North Korea can afford re-education camps I am sure China can.

seriously, that era was over 20 years ago

now it is just prison, criminals in there

and by the way,
we dont sexually abuse prisoners in China, we think that is pretty low

chinese-canadian said:
1.you can search those words, just not through google.cn (it is not even the top 5 search engines in China)...I did that and received tonnes of information back in China
2. Catholics can worship in China, we have a big Church in Taiyuan
3.and in 76000 protests last year, only one went bloody...what is that odd???
4.there is no freaken re-education camp today now..the State cannot afford that

5. what have you seen in China there?

1. Yea that is because you connect to the servers that are not located in China, which makes it extremely slooooooow. So internet users in China have a choice, 1) connect to google.com and have all the unfiltered info you want but at an extremely slow speed, or 2) connect to google.cn at an insanely fast speed (servers are local) but all your info will be restricted. Last time I read about China, criticizing the communist government on your blog is a federal crime. Where's the basic himan right of free speech in that?
Personally, I think the communist party's time is running out. You can't keep the people of a nation stupid forever. They'll learn about your mistakes and attrocities and they'll have their justice.

2. Like I said, it's state appointed, whcih means the Pope is just a spiritual leader but the communist party is the real god. China cut off its ties to the Vatican because they cannot stand that people worship a higher power than them.

3. Yea according to the news reports they allow the local media to post. If you were trying to control the flow of truthful information in a nation would you always post the truth?

4. So all those activists, religious leaders, political prisoners are in prison because free speech is a crime? The irony is that China recented criticized a US report on their human rights about how the US has many prisons and yet China is the nation which does not imprison people, they just execute. I think someone posted the numbers here or in the Political forum about the number of executionsi n the US in 2005 = 86; China = 896. Yea.. at least the US imprisons murderers, rapists, etc. and not middle-aged people posting their thoughts on xanga, blogspot, or whatever.

5. What have I seen in China? Well I can't possibly write everything here but to sum it up, I feel sorry for the poor over there and even more sorry for those who would believe what the communist party feeds them. The onyl news source I truly trust is the Associated Press, and last time I checked Xinhua and China Daily and the like are not part of it due mainly to the fact that they are state-controlled (strongly biased) and are not neutral.

Back