Can S.Korea handle N.Korea alone?

--
Boots

September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Topic: Can S.Korea handle N.Korea alone?

I think not.

If S.Korea can handle N.Korea alone, then they would be no Americans troops stationing in an S.Korea.

And reading many analysis from military experts, they all tend to claim N.Korea would conquer S.Korea if Americans are not there.

Why S.Korea so weak? Actually they have bigger population than North, I think 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1?
September 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I think the South Koreans would win acctually, but they would take heavy casualties...Never hurts to have the US on your side. The North Korean army is in big trouble as far as equippment.
September 28th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

The south would win, NK has poor equipment, soldiers poorly taken care of. South has great equipment and healthy soldiers. The south would have a lot of civilian casualities though.
--
Boots
September 28th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The odds are stacked heavily in the North's favor, but having better equipment these days makes a lot more difference than it used to. I wouldn't want to make any bets on the South personally.
September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
The North Korean army is in big trouble as far as equippment
I doubt your claim.

Actually N.Korea is getting stronger each year, no reason their equips are getting worse, don't tell me their economy is growing negative. They may even have the ability to develop nukes and icbm, no reason they are bad in conventional weapons, let alone they get support from Chinese.
September 28th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Oh? China would help North Korea? Well then, forget it. South is done for.
September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Oh? China would help North Korea? Well then, forget it. South is done for.
What I meant it N.Korea got support in their economy and military every day now. I don't mean China helps in the war with South Korea.

Let's talk N.Korea and S.Korea
September 28th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Still doubt their capabilities. Most of their equipment is pretty old, and it's well known North Korea has a major food problem. They have the numbers, but that doesn't matter in a offensive battle much anymore, the North could only get so far.
September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Still doubt their capabilities. Most of their equipment is pretty old, and it's well known North Korea has a major food problem. They have the numbers, but that doesn't matter in a offensive battle much anymore, the North could only get so far.
Well, that's your belief, I cannot help.

But from majority of most Forums, N.Korea is superior than S.Korea in military sense.

And it is to understand that the allied of S.korea would say good words towards S.K despite reality.
September 28th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Can someone offer some up-to-date numbers on the North and South Korean Armed Forces??