Can China Allow Korea to Unite Peacefully?

S.Koreans supporting Japan in the Asian Cup Final, weird to hear.

Don't you know how the japanese murdered and ***'ed your last queen and burned her alive?

Seems you like your Japanese friends a lot, nothing wrong with it, but you'd better learn something about your history before choosing ally and enemy, I find it so weird you hate China so much.

Japanese Raped the Last Queen of Korea Before Burning Her Alive!

http://www.kimsoft.com/2002/jp-rape.htm

FlyingFrog said:
S.Koreans supporting Japan in the Asian Cup Final, weird to hear.

Don't you know how the japanese murdered and ***'ed your last queen and burned her alive?

Seems you like your Japanese friends a lot, nothing wrong with it, but you'd better learn something about your history before choosing ally and enemy, I find it so weird you hate China so much.

Japanese Raped the Last Queen of Korea Before Burning Her Alive!

http://www.kimsoft.com/2002/jp-rape.htm

uhhh, history is exactly that, history. Britian was our worst foe at once, and now look! We're like brothers!

Japan was very bad, but no more.

That's right.

But man we got to know our history correctly.

I also have japanese friends, one of them is actually my best friend,
And before the Asian Cup Final my Japanese friends wish Chinese team good luck, so do I for them. But I would never CHEER for Japan if Japan is playing against Korea, no reason to do that.

Just shows you the changing times.
Yeah we know what they did in the past but this is two generations later and the world has changed. You know, at one point US Marines actually attacked Koreans? It was a retaliation of a burning of a ship (and the crew).
If Korea plays against Japan, chances are you'd be cheering (a bit) for Korea.
It's about which one of the two you dislike more I guess.
Either way, our royal family and the scholar class who were the aristocrats were guilty of mass neglegence. The scholar class arrested and often executed anyone who invented anything of use. The Royal Family were just their puppets. It was a very bad way to go but it was an institution we were better off without.

by any means, i dont think Asian cup gives a good example.
It's only a soccer game, any home supporters may do something radical.
Maybe chinese guys overdid,but
even in europe, soccer gangsters from England or other countries did
something "remarkable" as I know. Thus I conclued it reasonable in
a developing country with a lot not well educated.
What's more, TV and paper guys like that. They microscoped it.

No friendship or not can be seen through only a game as I think.
On the other hand, do you know
s.korea and chinese and japanese team do dead fight every time they meet each other as well as the supporter or mass media do?
And do you know why they stage 2002 world cup together?
japanese TVs explosed some dope of their battle behind recently.
And invasive saying to the other two can be found in the major bbs of the three.

I consider no friendship lasts between them.

the_13th_redneck said:
South Korea is an ally of Japan for all practical purposes. Says a South Korean (me) who knows a heck of a lot of others.
Ally doesn't mean "close buddies."
But when China played agianst Japan in the Asian Cup final, the Koreans generally supported Japan. Considering the history it makes you wonder why doesn't it?
Plus, China will only benefit from a unified Korea if that Korea isn't an ally of the US and Japan.

Peanutcat said:
to the_13th_redneck, i dont think s.korea is an ally of japan,
they have the same problems just as china and japan do.
if there's no the common boss USA, they will fall out

no doubt, china wont permit it unless keeping them away from us ,

i think this issue doesnt only depend on china,
russia is another important factor

Peanutcat, most people underestimate the significance of these tournaments. They are really good reflections of the country's attitudes, especially when two national teams other than their own go after each other.

The point here was in the China vs Japan match, Koreans supported Japan over China. Considering the history it is a pretty clear indicator of which of the two countries Koreans favor.

the_13th_redneck said:
Peanutcat, most people underestimate the significance of these tournaments. They are really good reflections of the country's attitudes, especially when two national teams other than their own go after each other.

The point here was in the China vs Japan match, Koreans supported Japan over China. Considering the history it is a pretty clear indicator of which of the two countries Koreans favor.

maybe you are right , but the precondition is korean do support japan.
at least, I didnt get any such messages in Japan. Maybe only who from
korean can offer a correct answer.

Bring some nonsense: Sometime England team met German team.
undoubtedly blood battle would come.
Some guy from British said to all others sitting in front of TV with my
friend inside--
I am Scotch, I support German.
funny,hum? :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean but often it is a good reflection of it. It's kind of why the Chinese booed the Japanese team throughout the tournament. It's why Koreans cheered for Japan in the final.
And as for Scotland. They're just jealous they haven't had a half decent team in ages.

Well, I have no difficulties with the Korean attitude.

Only history will show what the consequences will be for what people choose today.

Before we start talking about this,lets do some revision on this history raftly :

North Korea invade South, when it almost end, USA went in to help. Later, when USA almost win it, China involve in.

haha,Very raftly. But from this situation we know that. China never ever wanted to be any "Big Brother" or wanted the communist influence to be eleborated. It's they did, they should have help North Korea from the early war.

China's main pupose is to prevent any dominance and influense from USA directly to the China mainland. If north Korea did win it. USA can establish the military camp,or some information centre. Sending spies and satelite scanning....... and blablablablabla. In order make this never happen,, CHina only choise is to aid North Korea. As the result, China sacrifice 700 thousands soldiers in Korean War and Korea devided into 2.

Many Western writers biased the favour, and with the intend trying to make China into an evil side. They claim that China wanted to be Big Brother of Asia once again and many unreasonable opinions. This is unfair to China.

I alwayz support Korea to unite again. But in the condition that USA must not employ any information centre in North Korea in order to steal Information from China. The best, USA retreat from Korea. land. But won't be hurt if they employ military camp some island near South Korea.

China never against this unite plan. For me, the main contradict point is by the Koreans their selves, Wanted to unite but didnot want to abondon their Political systems.

----------------------------------------------------------

In reply to the China vs Japan. KOREA SURELY SUPPORT CHINA!!!! (OR KOREA NEVER SUPPORT ANYONE,BUT SURELY IN FAVOUR OF CHINA)

Why? the reason is simple. Japanese r most crazy dogs in the WW II,who rape,kill, virus testing, look down at all the Asia regions. China and Korea got the most destruction by that. And Japanese act of worshiping Yasukuni War Shrine endlessly provoke the anger of Korean and Chinese. Korean once even ban all the Japanese product from importing into Korea. And some of the Korean,after the worshiping incident, went before Japanese embassy and cut off their fingers.

China-Korea conflict, I suppose never happen. But recently that's a conflict point,where China and Korea in debate for the "Gogurgy(I knew in Chinese,not sure of English) Civilisation", whether belongs to China or Koreans...........which the Korean decided to Boycott Beijing Olympic 2008 as the reaction to China.

-----------------------------------------------

Don't u know in Korea-Japan 2002. Anything happened between 2 nations?

The 2 nations main industry company fighting each other by showing who have what kind of technology to be built in the stadiums

The 2 nations even debate for whose name writen first on the Logo. Becoz of this Korean change their alphabte to "Corea",so that they were infront of Japan word.

And many more,this is only a part of their story . Nice huh?

---------------------------------------------------------

Japanese r the most cunning stupid race I ever know in my days.

Appointing to the Asian Cup incident. The Japanese even wanted Chinese Governemnt to censor the Nanzing Massacre and all those evil-Japanese stuff (WWII)in their history text book.

The Japanese media also demonize the Chinese by eleborating the story that. Chinese blablbalbalbla, how they beat the journalist...............

U call this freindly?

U know when u say "This is older genration stuff", this is totally irresponsible. What makes u say so?reason is simple : 1. u r not asians 2. u been blurred by the Japanese culture (comics,fashions,entertainment). I hope Nazi did all this to u European and without any apologys, I wanna see what u Europeans world will do if German did not admit their false doing.

-------------------------------------------------------

Plus, when u see what their Government did, u definately want to Gnash them with teeth.

In their history text book :
1.Korea-Japan united
2.Japanese r heroes,they expel the western ppl from the Asia region
3.They only "entry into China"
4. No Nanjing massacre.

Politic.
Recently Koizumi and with 79 Politicians went to Yasukuni War Shrine to worship their old soldiers. Koizumi reply to China and Korea was :" Why should I obey what the Chinese and Korea say? We Japanese HAVE OUR RIGHT TO RESPECT OUR OLD HEROES IN OUR OWN WAY."

mod edit:In the future do not post back to back. It's against the rules

Well the animosity with Japan is still there with the older generations. Some have suffered directly under them, others, it was their parents. I'm with the 3rd generation and things are changing.
On history, yes, none of us like Japan. On the present, a big bunch of us prefer Japan over China.
The text... it's very scrunchy but I can make out some:
"Stop this one prime minister's worshipping of the Yakuza"
"Don't sell Japanese goods."
The others are a bit too scrunchy for me to make any sense of them.

North Korea is not going to unite unless it's to be the future head of the two 'united' Koreas.

But I think South Korea is not as prepared as the North (which reports say NK have massive underground bunkers and city). If NK attacks thhe south, it's going to be very massive and rapid... nothing like the 1st Korean war in the '50s.

There are not enough US troops stationed in South Korea in case of such NK attacks. And the US presence is more symbolic and for deterence rather than actual defensive force.
All depends on South Korea to defend itself.

South Korea's got enough assets to defend itself against North Korea. People only read the numbers involved with North Korea, not remembering that those tanks and jets don't maintain, move and fight by themselves by drawing water out of the soil and taking in sunlight.
We've gone over the topic on what South Korea has that is never mentioned in most articles.
If North Korea invades, it'll be the youth and some mid aged civilians of SK who will be caught totally off guard.
South Korea's military will do a pretty fine job.
The vast majority of North Korea's troops aren't in good shape. Their Special Ops teams are superb but no one knows just how many there are that are top class and how many there are just to make the unit look real big.
But that's a different topic.
Also calling up reserves, South Korea will have in its posession an additional 1.5 million men armed along with their standing Army.

That's pretty impressive for the South Korean military.

The Pacific region do need stability. And a lot will depend on the military power of South Korea to deter any invasion from the north.

The dictatorship regime of NK shouldn't jeopardize peace in the Korean peninsula or in the Pacific.

I wonder if North Koreans are happy people?

North Koreans can barely feed themselves. A good day is a day they don't starve to death. Right now they're getting by on whatever small production they can make and what aid foreign groups send them.
We must still assume though that they will fight to the death for Kim Jong-il because who knows what they're taught.
Being happy is hardly a priority up north.

China - isn't it amazing how criticial they are to the equation? They have the power (if they choose) to strongarm North Korea into negotiating a peaceful reunification with the South. They could make it happen faster than anyone dares dream. They also have the power to string the current situation along almost indefinitely. They seem to push for the status quo though there is no obvious reason for doing so except paranoia.

The North Korean people are suffering thanks to their beloved madman leader. The standard of living for North Korea is pathetic compared to South Korea --- and South Korea made themselves that way. North Korea clings to a failed system and hopeless dreams of conquest wihile its poor brainwashed people starve and die. Its incredibly sad.

Of course it's sad.
But yes, China's security is one reason why there's going to be a North Korea. The Chinese don't want to share a border with an American ally. Even if Kim Jong-il's regime falls, North Korea may be maintained by being given a puppet leader friendly to China.

Back