Can China Allow Korea to Unite Peacefully? - Page 2

--

October 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

whosewar2000, I really wish you'd fix your profile to show where you are from. I can't even begin to guess quite honestly. I think that Japan vs the United States is more than a little far fetched. There is no obvious reason for Japan to turn on the US when there is far more potential danger in their immediate neighborhood. I very much doubt that they will ever overwhelmingly surpass China militarily sufficiently to start looking at interests elsewhere.
October 8th, 2004  
A Can of Man

You're starting to sound very Chinese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosewar2000
While, US never allow Japan to develope its own nuclear program at all, no, NEVER, even ban Japan to even think about it. That is US always want to "protect" Japan, so they can refuse Japan's any excuse by: "We have enough nukes, what do you need for?"

Man, you guys nuke them twice....
October 8th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosewar2000
Man, you guys nuke them twice....

For good reason, winking boy.

Get back on topic and stay there, this thread is not about Japan or the United States other than how they relate to China and Korea and any hypothetical reunification thereof.
--
October 8th, 2004  
whosewar2000

funny......what are you guys scared of?

just one possibility like other possibilities

So, China won't let it reunite, US will do the same thing
October 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, according to Frog (he's from PRC), China would prolly be fine with it as long as there are not US troops there. The USA has no issue with a reunification as long as it is not controlled entirely by the current NK leadership.
October 8th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Korea will be united, that's for sure.

The only question is: when?

I don't see this unification happening in at least 30 to 40 years.
Let's say when NK Kim dies after some 20 years, then NK collapses immediately and NK unites with SK peacefully, then it will again take some 10 to 20 years to make the 2 Korea's really function like one, like E.Germany and W.G.

So it may take some 40 years for the 2 Korea's to get really united I bet.

40 years, jesus christmas, in 2050 China is already super super strong, do you think USA of now cares anything about Korea's military or economic strength? Same applies to China in 2050.

So, for Chinese, we would like to see Korea united, they pose no danger to Chinese, so no problem for us.

Also, Koreans hate Japans to death, so things are looking pretty good for us in this aspect too.

Btw Japan's time is over, it's in comparative sense becomig weaker and weaker compared to China and rest of the rising powers, there is no need to treat them as a threat at all. Another thing is that the whole japan is in the hands of the Americans, pretty good for us.
October 8th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Yes i would agree with you that if there isnt a second korean war then the koreas could merge if the desire is strong enough, which at the moment it definatly is not, in 20 years who knows.

Why do you think the USA is going to contol japan? With a navy thats only 2nd to the US in the pacific a hihly modern army and a large airforce i would still consider them a threat if they were threatened.
October 8th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Why do you think the USA is going to contol japan? With a navy thats only 2nd to the US in the pacific a hihly modern army and a large airforce i would still consider them a threat if they were threatened
The fact is USA is not GOING TO control Japan, but IS controlling japan.

Japans navy or airforce is advanced but it is not a threat like die-or-live, it is only a trouble no more than that.
October 8th, 2004  
Shadowalker

[quote="FlyingFrog
The fact is USA is not GOING TO control Japan, but IS controlling japan.
[/quote]

I think only a person living in japan or has lived there can tell us how much that is felt.
October 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Agreed, that's the only way to be propaganda free.