Can anyone say, HOORAH!!!

C/CPO

Alright, little bout myself. I'm sixteen and just joined Navy JROTC. The school I am attending is a military academy first school its kind in the nation. Its a full-time NJROTC charter school. We wears uniforms everyday. Have usual highschool classes with the additional NJROTC class as well. I was meritoriously promoted to the rank of Chief Petty Officer. My title is Fourth Company Chief. I have a respectable amount of cadets under my control (approx. 70-90). I plan on attending the United States Naval Academy, becoming a Navy officer, and piloting off of aircraft carriers.

I drill like a Marine, am as tough as a Navy SEAL, and treat others (especially women) like a gentlemen. Thats a bit about me.

I hope to later find more Navy here soon. HOORAH

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!!! (again)

C/CPO
ChiefPettyOfficer

Thanks Darkmb101, I appreciate it. Anyways right now I'm really tired so excuse my slowness right now but what does MOS mean. Mode of ______ or what I'm tired cant think right now.

C/CPO

MOS = Military Operational Specialty. In the Air Force its called a AFSC (Air Force Specalty Code). In the Navy I guess its the job the detailer talks you into.

Its the military specialty or profession (like the designation 54E means an army chemical warfare NCO) that you want to be in the Navy or Marines.

get more sleep. Growing young men need at least eight hours a night... :D

hi
so youre tough huh?cell block c sir(kidding)
i get the feeling our enimies get one look at you and drop there rpg's and run to the hills.
good luck son.youre a lot better off at the young age of sixteen then i am at 23(smoooch!)

I suppose that my practice of 5 hours to 7 hours of sleep isnt that wise. I go to bed around midnight and wake up at five-thirty. I'm definitely not a midget thats for sure. At 6'2, 150 (approx) and still not done my growth spirt im not going to be small. I only hope I can fit in the cockpit. I dont think any Navy detailer is going to talk me into a job. I know what I want to do. Pilot off of aircraft carriers. If any of you are or you were or going to do the same let me know. Also are any of you graduates from the Naval Academy? Just wondering.

C/CPO

C/CPO said:
I suppose that my practice of 5 hours to 7 hours of sleep isnt that wise. I go to bed around midnight and wake up at five-thirty. I'm definitely not a midget thats for sure. At 6'2, 150 (approx) and still not done my growth spirt im not going to be small. I only hope I can fit in the cockpit. I dont think any Navy detailer is going to talk me into a job. I know what I want to do. Pilot off of aircraft carriers. If any of you are or you were or going to do the same let me know. Also are any of you graduates from the Naval Academy? Just wondering.

C/CPO

Heh, I'm only 5'8. Maybe some thing is wrong with me.... :shock:

Well...i wouldnt worry about fitting in the plane. I would worry more about banging my head into the bulkhead hatches on the carrier.

By the way...never call a Navy Aviator a pilot. It seems to do something to them...I do hope you get your wish to be an aviator.

Now for a ground type person, I learned to appreciate my small stature. I sure didnt have as far to get to the ground as those other guys did when the stuff began exploding... :D

At 6'2, 150 (approx)

150lbs at 6'2"? Better pack on a few more unless you want to get blow off of the carrier.

Mark Conley said:
I would worry more about banging my head into the bulkhead hatches on the carrier.

At around 6'4", I know that feeling all too well. I have permanent knots.

RnderSafe said:
150lbs at 6'2"? Better pack on a few more unless you want to get blow off of the carrier.

Don't worry, it is possible, I wrestled freshman and sophomore years of High School at 6'1" and 130 lbs (admittedly with a bit of help from a not-quite-legal rubber suit, which is a VERY bad idea, for any of you young wrestlers out there, it ain't worth it), and now I'm sitting at 193 lbs, same height.

Cadence Call

Back in The Day, the old cadence-calling SSG at A-4-1 Ft. Lewis, WA had a "HOORAH!" for the trainees who could keep up:
Yo Lef
'
Yo Lef
'
Yo Lef-Ry-Lef
'
Ya-hoo
'
Ya-hoo
'
Ya-hoo-RAH-Who!
(That's Who!)

Welcome to the forums.

You have quite a list to do in your military career. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Back