CAMILO MEJIA COURT-MARTIALED FOR DESERTION

Tarafine

Thanks, Redleg. There have been some developments since then -- he's in the brig, and Amnesty International has 'adopted' him as a conscientious objector...and a lot of other groups are using him as their poster child. I think he and his mother have conned all of them. One group actually rented an apt. in Texas near the stockade so his family could be near him (!). Did you know that his father is a famous nicaraguan folk singer who wrote the anthem for the sandinista regime--one line of it was: "Yankees are the enemies of humanity". This guy's got money, how could Mejia and his mother accept a dime from all those well-meaning groups??? I guess the proceedings to decide whether he is or is not an authentic conscientious objector aren't over -- but I think people should contact Ft. Stewart and voice their opposition to this ploy of his.

If you ask me, he's lucky he didnt get the firing squad. Explain to me how you join the military not being willing to fight? Last time i checked, the ppurpose of the military was to kill people and break things.

Back