Bush's new war strategy

No you ninny, the movie makes a lot of the same arguments you are making. But then again I like you better this way... dont watch it.

Because you aren't as ignorant as I wish you were. :) LMAO Actually you should watch this movie you might be surprised if all you know about it is the hype and heresay, its actually quite moderate and like I said makes the same arguments but goes further in offering an insiders view, almost all of the experts are middle eastern people, muslims for the most part. And it offers a solution for extremism of which the basic tenet for change is education.

Because you aren't as ignorant as I wish you were. :) LMAO Actually you should watch this movie you might be surprised if all you know about it is the hype and heresay, its actually quite moderate and like I said makes the same arguments but goes further in offering an insiders view, almost all of the experts are middle eastern people, muslims for the most part. And it offers a solution for extremism of which the basic tenet for change is education.

Well I can always look it up although I can almost guarantee that I will have to get the in laws to send it out as getting anything not mainstream here is almost impossible, its one of the negatives of living in a small country where the retail sector only understand service to be a term used in tennis.

:)

Fair enough... except you forgot to figure in the silence of the majority which implies approval, if not outright support or sympathy. Have you watched the movie "Obsession" perchance? As for wiping out Catholicism... lay on MacDuff!

The movie "Obsession?" You've got me curious BD. TMM please.

I watched that movie, it was awesome. I got it on DVD for christmas. A very interesting look into the mind of islamic militants.

For any who gets the disk, id recommend watching the 60 minute version, the 27 minute one isnt nearly as good.

I have the DVD Uncle Saddam....Very interesting look into how bad this man and his fellow men where....

This Obsession one sounds interesting....

So you are seriously suggesting that the majority of the worlds 1.3 billion Muslims support or sympathise with the extremists, do you have anything to back that up or is it just opinion?

I just go to the Koran when I have doubts about how many extremists there in that particular religion. It's a pretty good source for what is expected of a true Muslim. Or you can attend any service at any Mosque and get the general idea of what they think of the rest of the world.

I guess this is what could be described as a short step to an illogical conclusion.
You are dealing with a small group of extremists within a very large population your argument is about as irrational as saying the IRA were predominantly catholic, they espoused violence and killed indiscriminately therefore the answer is to wipe out catholicism.

It really isn't that small at all, and it isn't planted in one or two areas. If you ever travel to the Middle East, you'll find that those preaching peace, love and harmony aren't in the noticable majority. Even the quiet ones, that live happily on their farms and never bother anyone will kill their daughters if they violate the rules.

So how much of the Koran have you read and how many mosques have you attended to base this on?

Enough to realize I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

It doesn't take a phd in literature to figure out that neither the koran nor the bible are peace loving journals of forgiveness and joy, the simple fact of the matter is that all religions interpret there book of choice in their own way Christianity has just as many lunatics as Islam.

I've never seen any other religion dance and wave their koran in the air every time there is a suicide bombing that kills dozens of Women and Children. Maybe there are some that just don't make the daily news programs.

It really isn't that small at all, and it isn't planted in one or two areas. If you ever travel to the Middle East, you'll find that those preaching peace, love and harmony aren't in the noticable majority. Even the quiet ones, that live happily on their farms and never bother anyone will kill their daughters if they violate the rules.

This may well be true although I have to admit the 6 months (I accept not a longtime) I spent there I didn't have the same experiences I found them to be a friendly bunch not all the dissimilar to people else where in the world however I didn't hang out in spots that were likely to get me killed or wear a "towel heads suck" Tee shirt to a local protest.

Anyway my point point is that until religion in that part of the world moves from being a life controlling entity to a guiding entity as it is in the west you will not see a change in that region basically its the power religion has over people as that can be twisted and warped to create extremism that is the problem not the religion itself.

missileer said:
I've never seen any other religion dance and wave their koran in the air every time there is a suicide bombing that kills dozens of Women and Children. Maybe there are some that just don't make the daily news programs.

You have seen all 1.3 billion doing this or just a few million or maybe just a few thousand how are stuck in refugee camps in the West Bank and Gaza?

Enough to realize I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Yeah and I am sure the Revelations section of the bible is great bedtime reading for the young because of its cheery out look that leaves you with the warm fuzzies.

Last edited:
I don't know can anyone point me to when the last time in this past century or two that a Christian fire bombed an Embassy over a cartoon?

You have seen all 1.3 billion doing this or just a few million or maybe just a few thousand how are stuck in refugee camps in the West Bank and Gaza?

No, but if they are smart, you won't see anyone doing it. And, the scenes I saw were in Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi, Pakistan. And they were all downtown.

Yeah and I am sure the Revelations section of the bible is great bedtime reading for the young because of its cheery out look that leaves you with the warm fuzzies.

I'll see your Revelations of thousands of years ago and raise you "kill all infidels" of today.

Last edited:
No, but if they are smart, you won't see anyone doing it. And, the scenes I saw were in Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi, Pakistan. And they were all downtown.

Ok lets look at the numbers:
Afghanistan
Population - 31,056,997 (July 2006 est.)
Religion - Sunni Muslim 80%, Shi'a Muslim 19%, other 1%

Iraq
Population - 26,783,383 (July 2006 est.)
Religion - Muslim 97% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christian or other 3%

Pakistan
Population - 165,803,560 (July 2006 est.)
Religion - Muslim 97% (Sunni 77%, Shi'a 20%), Christian, Hindu, and other 3%

Saudi
Population - 27,019,731 note: includes 5,576,076 non-nationals (July 2006 est.)
Religion - Muslim 100%

Total - 247672681 or for the sake of expediency 248 million minus a couple of million non-Muslims leaving us with roughly 246 million.

Of those 246 million how many did you see celebrating?
All 246 million
50% - 123 million
25% - 61.5 million
10% - 24.6 million
1% - 2.46 million
0.1% - 246000
or less?

Now just to put this into perspective there is an estimated 1.3 billion Muslims in the world so even if you saw all 246 million out there you still saw less than 25%.
In order to speed this process up a bit another comparison.
USA
Population - 298,444,215 (July 2006 est.)
Religion - Protestant 52%, Roman Catholic 24%, Mormon 2%, Jewish 1%, Muslim 1%, other 10%, none 10% (2002 est.)

0.1% is roughly 300000 (rounded up to make things easy), April 29, 2006 roughly 300000 people protested in New York to demand an immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq should we judge all Americans by this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10704049/

or should we simply look at it as a vocal minority of anti-war crackpots losing a days pay to protest against something they have no way of influencing anyway?

Numbers taken from the CIA World Fact Book...
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/

I'll see your Revelations of thousands of years ago and raise you "kill all infidels" of today.
Yeah because killing all infidels is much worse than ending life on earth.

Ah yes, the age old problem.... everyone wants to go to Heaven, and yet no body (or very few) wants to die.

I had heard the Religion of President Bush entails the end of the Earth (Second Coming, Armageddon and such) for people waiting to get into Heaven to go to Heaven, and that there were only so many seats up for grabs.
But, not knowing, and also not caring to know the Religion of President Bush, as he is (thankfully) not Catholic, as such I did not look into the matter further.

Back