Bush's "Lowest Moment"

It's a shame that President Bush would let comments from some Chump affect him like that. Kanye is a musician and has nothing valuable to contribute. Period.

It's a shame GWB honestly thinks THAT'S his worst moment of his presidency!!!

By the way, musicians have just as much if not MORE to contribute to society than any other profession.

Maybe not Kanye in particular, but I promise you, if there is ever peace in the world, it won't come from the government. It won't come from the military. It will come from the artists of the world.

By the way, musicians have just as much if not MORE to contribute to society than any other profession.

Maybe not Kanye in particular, but I promise you, if there is ever peace in the world, it won't come from the government. It won't come from the military. It will come from the artists of the world.

Musicians MORE???? Really?
How about Physicians?
How about Engineers?
I can certainly think of a bunch of professions that contribute MORE to society than musicians.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...wcm9tb3NfYmxvZ19odG1sBHNsawNidXNoY2FsbHNrYW4-

....... It's DEFINITELY not what you think it is. Whether you think it's his abysmal response to Katrina, the War in Iraq, the tax cuts for the wealthy, etc. etc.

By the way, Chukpike... THIS ONE'S REAL. :D

Musicians MORE???? Really?
How about Physicians?
How about Engineers?
I can certainly think of a bunch of professions that contribute MORE to society than musicians.

This is not the topic of this thread.

So what is the topic Rob?

Is it, that after all the dishonest topics you have posted you decided to post one that is real?

Is it that Ex President Bush is a racist and should not be upset? If you believe he is racist you need to supply references and sources to support that view. The article gives no supporting information.

"....... It's DEFINITELY not what you think it is. Whether you think it's his abysmal response to Katrina,"quote Rob Henderson

But the article does talk about Katrina doesn't it?

"In the interview, Lauer interjects, telling Bush he's likely to take "heat" for saying the "worst moment" was not watching the post-Katrina misery in Louisiana but rather when someone insulted him because of that misery. "The misery in Louisiana affected me deeply as well," Bush told Lauer. "There's a lot of tough moments in the book. And it was a disgusting moment, pure and simple."" quoted from article.

Or did you just want to bait me into an argument after tomtom22 issued us both a public warning?

Is it, that after all the dishonest topics you have posted you decided to post one that is real?

Is it that Ex President Bush is a racist and should not be upset? If you believe he is racist you need to supply references and sources to support that view. The article gives no supporting information.
The topic is that George Walker Bush does not believe the worst moment of his presidency to be a moment of great consequence. He believes the worst moment of his presidency to be a trivial moment in the history of this nation. When the history books are updated, they will not mention Kanye West's name as a major contributor to history. They will list him as a pop culture icon. They WILL, however, speak volumes about George Bush's legacy as a president. The topic is whether or not George W. Bush was ever competent enough to run this country if he thinks KANYE WEST CRITICIZING HIM is the lowest point of his administration's reign.

I do not believe George Bush to be racist. I do believe him to be incapable of running a country.
"....... It's DEFINITELY not what you think it is. Whether you think it's his abysmal response to Katrina,"quote Rob Henderson

But the article does talk about Katrina doesn't it?

"In the interview, Lauer interjects, telling Bush he's likely to take "heat" for saying the "worst moment" was not watching the post-Katrina misery in Louisiana but rather when someone insulted him because of that misery. "The misery in Louisiana affected me deeply as well," Bush told Lauer. "There's a lot of tough moments in the book. And it was a disgusting moment, pure and simple."" quoted from article.
Certainly, the article does talk about Katrina. But the article also says "Bush writes, per Lauer, that he can barely think about the moment 'without feeling disgust' and that it outranks people criticizing him for the war in Iraq or his efforts to cut taxes to benefit the rich."
So obviously Bush feels that Kanye West calling him a racist was a bigger deal than his abysmal response to Katrina, his tossing US (and other nations) soldiers to their deaths for completely selfish reasons, his giving in to big business executives, his INFAMOUS speech blunders, or any of the other low points of his presidency.
Answered above. :)

Or did you just want to bait me into an argument after tomtom22 issued us both a public warning?
If you have a problem with me or my wording, I suggest you take it up with me over private message, instead of attempting to aggravate me in the open forum. THAT'S how infractions get handed out.

Nice Dodge
Who's Dodge?

I was simply reminding you of the topic.

Whatever, the point is, out of all those bad things that happened, some remark made by some rapper on TV was the worst point?
WTF seriously!

"Among other things, Bush says the lowest moment of his presidency was when rapper Kanye West declared in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina that "Bush doesn't care about black people." "That 'he's a racist,' " Bush told Lauer. "I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency.""quote from article

Have to see the interview to get what President Bush actually said.
First part of the paragraph does not look like a direct quote from President Bush, the actual quote in the paragraph seems to be:

"I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency."

So the President may not have picked Kanye's slur as a "lowest moment", just one of the most disgusting moments.

It would seem his disgust over what a no nothing musician said was extreme. After all you would not expect a musician to know anything about government.

"Among other things, Bush says the lowest moment of his presidency was when rapper Kanye West declared in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina that "Bush doesn't care about black people." "That 'he's a racist,' " Bush told Lauer. "I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency.""quote from article

Have to see the interview to get what President Bush actually said.
First part of the paragraph does not look like a direct quote from President Bush, the actual quote in the paragraph seems to be:

"I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency."

So the President may not have picked Kanye's slur as a "lowest moment", just one of the most disgusting moments.
The article says later "In the interview, Lauer interjects, telling Bush he's likely to take "heat" for saying the "worst moment" was not watching the post-Katrina misery in Louisiana but rather when someone insulted him because of that misery."

But you're right, the first part is not a direct quote from Bush. However, I would not consider Kanye's comments worthy of any political clout, let alone a major moment in an administration's history.

From what little the article tells us we will have to wait and buy the book, of course that was the idea of the interview. Get you interested in buying the book.

Back