Bush did the right thing by going into Iraq. - Page 4

--

September 17th, 2004  
03USMC

I will discuss anything you like. Afghanistan Iraq or the virtues of rocky road ice cream as compared to vanilla.
Not well planned? I contend that the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Army 3rd ID did an outstanding job of taking Bagdad as did the Brits in their taking of Basra.The offensive phase was well executed. Despite the fact that alot of intel was flawed.
The Iraq situation now has become a low intensity conflict instead of a conventional force conflict two different worlds two different kinds of tactics.
Which brings us to the 'stan. That conflict is nearly exclusivly SPECOP'S oriented at the present stage. Small teams findin em and poppin em.
September 18th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejohn
Damien,

Carpet bombing Iraq into oblivion is a bit different than just invading the place.
It worked well in WWII.
September 19th, 2004  
Azur

No!
He didn't went to Iraq. The military did. 8)
No!
It was not the right thing. He didn't had any real prove that Iraq is related to the terrorist attacks on 9/11 2001. Weapons of mass destruction,... come on! Is that as lame as I think? Or is just me.
No!
The USA people are not more safe now. I think now the danger encreased. Because of their military actions in Iraq more people will join the terrorist. Well, if some country would come and bomb Romania and kill hundred of women and children I would be very pissed off and try to take my revenge. No matter the reason they came for.
--
September 19th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azur
The USA people are not more safe now. I think now the danger encreased. Because of their military actions in Iraq more people will join the terrorist. Well, if some country would come and bomb Romania and kill hundred of women and children I would be very pissed off and try to take my revenge. No matter the reason they came for.
Even if your ruler was killing hundreds more?
September 19th, 2004  
Stafford911

Here is a tidbit you might not have known. The Bush administration was planning on going to Iraq before he was in office. Also after 911 one of the administartors(o forget which one so i dont wanna point fingers in the wrong place) thought of a plan to bomb random countrys"to keep the terrorists guessing" Wow.
September 20th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford911
Here is a tidbit you might not have known. The Bush administration was planning on going to Iraq before he was in office. Also after 911 one of the administartors(o forget which one so i dont wanna point fingers in the wrong place) thought of a plan to bomb random countrys"to keep the terrorists guessing" Wow.
Of course Bush had plans to go into Iraq before he was elected, I bet he had those plans since 1993, wouldn't you?

And yes, we would bomb these nations, and they would all have ties to Al Qaeda, Iraq did, I don't care what anyone says, these "experts" in the media are still on the payroll of the company's they represent, have you not noticed that all the info in the news is about Iraq is negative? That is because the media are a bunch of greedy backstabbing bastards who do not acknowledge the good our boys in Iraq are doing and instead focus on all the negatives.

"If it bleeds it leads."

That is the policy of the media towards their news and air time of stories, they don't want to tell of all the happy stories of everyday life, but rather to give an inordanant(sp?) of attention to the numbers of dead. And not by honoring their death, but by using the dead as pawns in a game of political chess.
September 20th, 2004  
gladius

I hope most of you people realize that it took the Allies 2 years, after they won the war and defeated Hitler, to completely stop Nazi guerilla fighters called Werewovles.

The Werevolves would target Allies, buildings and German citizens cooperating with the Allies.

Even back then people were complaning how much of a failure our effort in Germany was. I ask you, should we have stopped and abandoned Germany back then because the Werewolves were attacking our efforts?

Some of you people are listening too much to the press. You need to listen to the guys who are actually over there on the ground in Iraq right now. We have a few on the message board right now.
September 20th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Can you provide any links to this Bush plan prior to office? Or at least give us a source name?

Anyways, invading was inevitable. The sanctions didn't help topple Saddam like we had hoped, and they were coming to a close, he would have really went crazy with items to make WMD once they fell. The idea of already possessing WMD with links/funding to Al Queda and other terrorist groups. Then throw in the brutality of his regime and the mass amounts of death by it. Not to mention his constant hostility towards neighboring nations and the US.

WMD turned out to be a bust so far, and probably will remain so forever. But he would have eventually invested in them once the sanctions fell.

The links to Al Queda have been low, and were brief chats with them.

As for funding, well, besides funding anti-Israel terrorist groups, they indirectly funded other groups, like Al Queda, by switching hands with various "questionable" companys.

It's beyond me why people hate the US because of removing a vicious, dangerous, and corrupt regime from power, let alone the anti-occupation crowd that seems to hate the idea of rebuilding and providing security...?
September 20th, 2004  
SOT_II

Topic: Re: Bush did the right thing by going into Iraq.

History will either prove or disprove your statement. Myself I agree he did the right thing.
Sometimes doing the right thing isn't about the safe choice, it isn't about the popular choice, it is more often than not exactly the opposite.
September 20th, 2004  
Sooners1

He did the right thing. If everyone would quit concentrating onWMD and look at the whole picture then they would realize that this was something that needed to be done.