Bullet stopper

--

February 15th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: Bullet stopper

the government says that they have a formula thet a soldier can wear. It stops a ullet from any direction. Thes our new age of defense. But nature played a big part. The way a turle has his shell is like us with our body armour. Do you think it will be used before 2030?
February 15th, 2004  
Redneck

Care to back that up with anything?

But yes, I do believe we will have almost full-body body armor by 2030, however I think this "formula" is something someone hoiasted on you from a scifi movie.
February 15th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: Seenit

I've seen it used before and when electomagnetic pulses occur it strenghtens and protects the body. If you know people who work with the CIA ask them they might tell!!(HA HA!!!)
--
February 15th, 2004  
Redneck

No, you haven't. There's no such thing. The power source needed to create a magnetic field powerful enough to divert a bullet (assuming it wasn't lead, in which case it wouldn't matter how strong it was) would be so massive you would need a semi driving around behind you hauling generators just so you could be bullet-proof. Plus the apparatus itself, unless they just wrap you in copper wire (not so hot with physics, but I am pretty sure this wouldn't work). If you saw an article about this stuff somewhere, please post it.
February 15th, 2004  
Pogue

lol why is it that when I read "bullet stopper" I thought "infantryman" ?
February 15th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Best way

Best way to stop enemy fire from killing you is to kill the enemy first. MrMarineJ, why do you post things that have no basis in reality? IF there is a basis to this, i'd love to see it, sounds usefull with my kind of neighbours....
February 15th, 2004  
Redleg

Topic: Re: Seenit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrmarineJunior
I've seen it used before and when electomagnetic pulses occur it strenghtens and protects the body. If you know people who work with the CIA ask them they might tell!!(HA HA!!!)
Care to tell us where you have seen this???

posts some serious posts from now on!
This is your final warning, one more spam/unserious post and you're banned!
February 15th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

I'm studying to be an electrical engineer right now and this does sound pretty outlandish. Using certain parts you could create enough current to power such electromagnets, but the heat produced by that would require a much much more complex cooling system. With nano technology this might be possible, but something like that would still be very highly classified. On top of all that though that means the person wearing it would be able to do nothing but stop bullets. The electromagnetic field present would scramble every circuit in 50 yards at least. I don't think this is very possible and even though there is a small chance of it being possible it is completely useless so there is no way the army or anybody is going to manufacture an EMP bomb as a bullet proof vest.
February 16th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: True

The scientist developing this had said that would use eleticity that is following in your body, The suit has a hydrationsystem. It is said to consist of three layers. The suit, cooling gel system, and the liqiud itself. It is lighter than the regular military vest. You are right this is classified. Until last month when the special about us advancing in war came on. The site and name of this place where it is being made is classified.
February 16th, 2004  
Redneck

You got any sources you'd like to share with the rest of us? If you actually saw something about this, I'd be interested in seeing it.