Border line Useless

tetvet

Banned
Every one is too get a free 2 year college associates degree at a time when people with Bachelor Degrees can't find a job , what am I missing here ? .:-?

BS Degree does that work better if not let me know what's confusing you and I'll do what I can to help you out .

By no stretch of the imagination is everyone going to get an associates degree if they're handed to you on a plate as the drop out rate in high school is33% and rising but the job market is too weak for just about any degree .

By no stretch of the imagination is everyone going to get an associates degree if they're handed to you on a plate as the drop out rate in high school is33% and rising but the job market is too weak for just about any degree .

The ASS is better than a HS diploma. Of course a Bachelor's degree improves your chances even more. This all depends on what your degree is in and where it is your looking for work. Your best bet however is having the degree and work experience.
Many service personal with technical experience such as: radar, communications, computers, etc. are hired directly out of the service as high tech technicians.

There are many job opportunity's that pay very well without a college degree , I was a Railroad Conductor with a GED and made twice as much as a college professor , but again the key word is opportunity recognize it and jump on it .

There are many job opportunity's that pay very well without a college degree , I was a Railroad Conductor with a GED and made twice as much as a college professor , but again the key word is opportunity recognize it and jump on it .

Seriously, I'm quite sure you made more money than my Dad ( and were great at your career), even him having tenure as a college professor. My brother made more than him also. This is a fact.
Personally ( no offense, really), the Educators in this great country don't get paid the amount that they are worth.
Reality.

Dadsgirl

Educators those that want to educate have their hands tied by the political correct and have to be very careful not to offend anyone .

It's just another Democrat vote buying scheme & an opportunity to demonize Republicans when it fails to get funded. On a practicle basis it's not just the cost of Tuition but building all the building the college system would need, all the extra Professors. There's also the watering down of the value of College. If everybody is a College graduate it wont be any better than when everyone was a H.S. graduate. Back in 1900 when you graduated from H.S. you were graduating from 9th Grade, H.S. graduates today are the same as being a Junior in College back then except everybody is there & does 12th grade also. Back when I was in College in the 80s the Profs were saying even back then the value of a College diploma had been seriously eroded & you had to go to Grad School to get the type of jobs that regular graduates got not much earlier. Saw a study that said only about 25-30% of students really need to go to College, the rest is wasted funds. And many Colleges are nothing but Liberal indoctrination centers.

Higher education =Money for the University or College these institutes are well aware that many , more than many of the degrees handed out are worthless in the job market but these institutes receive money lots of money through Government loans and grants .

Higher education =Money for the University or College these institutes are well aware that many , more than many of the degrees handed out are worthless in the job market but these institutes receive money lots of money through Government loans and grants .

That's a very cynical way of looking at higher education. I guess I am the exception to the rule?

28 years old, two bachelor's degrees (computer science and criminal law) from a state university, hired by tech firm straight out of college (actually, the job was offered before I even graduated), was making six figures a few months after my 25th birthday.

Statistics don't lie. Those with a BS/BA degree (or higher) have a much easier time finding a job than those who do not plus they generally make more over their lifespan. There is a reason why foreigners come to the U.S. paying those foreign tuition fees for a higher education.

Being A fellow Railroad man myself, I can tell you that's only partially true. It's heavily influenced on who you know and your professional conduct with previous jobs.

That's how I got my job.

But Dadsgirl and JOC are spot on with the value of even an Assc. degree, I was going in for an Assc. but I got lucky and found a good job, not everyone with a High School degree my age does and I am fully aware of that. Teachers and education are just as important as defense and infrastructure to any modern country, without them you have no good rail workers for instance or any good military men/women.

Went out with a few teachers roughly my age as well, and it's true, they don't get paid enough for what they do.

Even something like a certificate of completion is better than nothing. It's a matter of sparking the desire to keep building oneself. That is something some people don't have until you instill it in them by giving them an hand up to a better way of learning.

I am a licensed building contractor in the great State of TN though I've never built anything a few home builders have built under my license .

Back