BMT-72 Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle

--

July 2nd, 2004  
Doc.S

Topic: BMT-72 Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle

Greetings all

Well I am and need your guys help with some realy cool fighting vehicle issue here. Yesterday I was looking for information regarding the T-54 russian built tank. And I stumble across this page >>>

LINK:

http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/b...?menu=def2.php

Anyone that have more informations regarding this BMT-72 vehicle that can back me up with some links information and so on? And I want the serious part of the programme.

Cheers:
Doc.S

July 2nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

First time to see this BMT-72, simply looks great, and that "troop compartment" for 5 persons is great too.

I never heard that this BMT-72 is in service.

Sorry mate, on whole Internet I only find a Chinese site with decent info about this BMT-72, time to start Chinese learning

Anyway here the Chinese Link (Global Military):
http://www.pladaily.com.cn/item/hqjs/huigu/2003-11a.htm

But Chinese classify the BMT-72 not as a real Tank but just a Infantry Combat Vehicle.
July 2nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

OK, here are some discussion about this MBT-72 on StrategyPage.com:

"The Russian is also working on a BMT-72 HIFV which looks like a MBT but in fact a Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle(HIFV). May be in future ,this will be the standard armour arsenal in most army and MBT will continue to play a part in the 21th century armour warfare in other form."

Nice to read:
http://www.strategypage.com/messageb...ges/2-8026.asp
--
July 2nd, 2004  
Doc.S

Hello FlyingFrog

I can see now why I should have read Chines instead of Swedish
Well but this is what I have found out from another place on the net about this BMT-72 Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

Like most Morozov projects there is maby 1-2 prototypes and now they
are seeking contracts for this fighting vehicle and that is why it is so hard to get anything more about these realy great machinery. But for the record. Sir... Thanks for your help - And If there is anyone else out there with informations about this BMT-72 Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle - Please help us out because this is interesting. Almost as interesting as turns up on the 24th december or 25th for some people.

Cheers:
Doc.S

July 2nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Hello Doctor

I have no clue what Doc.S means in Swedish

I just have one tiny thought about this:
Why they call it HIFV (Fighting Vehicle, but not HICV, Heavey Infantry COMBAT Vehicle), Combat seems to me better than Fighting

Cheers
July 3rd, 2004  
Doc.S

Well Doc is because I was drafted as an medical orderly ambulance driver and emergency care, when I was going in to the army I had completed upper secondary education, intensive care, health care sector, nursing, etc, etc 3 years + 1 social sciences. So my friends got me a pet name Doc.S. S stands for Social Science Nerd

Quote:
I just have one tiny thought about this:
Why they call it HIFV (Fighting Vehicle, but not HICV, Heavey Infantry COMBAT Vehicle), Combat seems to me better than Fighting
FlyingFrog? I realy donīt know???
July 3rd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Yeah Doc, now I don't need to apologize I called you doctor

Well, I check some sites, indeed they all cal them HIFV, "combat" is rarely used.

There is so little info about BMT HIFV on net, maybe BMT is simply a new concept?

But I don't think HIFV is the way of future, we should not try to combine different function units into one single vehcile. I would simply combine a good MBT with a Armored Infantry Vehcile.

Just enjoying some IFV's

July 3rd, 2004  
Marksman

isnt that BMP..............ohh wait its the same stuff.........or is it?
July 4th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Not very sure.

I think:
BMT is an upgrate of MBT.
BMT is mainly still a battle tank.
HIFV is mainly an armored vehicle not a battle tank,
July 4th, 2004  
Snauhi

all chinies stuff is copys of russian vechicles and some of them are very bad,,