BIN LADEN GRAVELY ILL OR DEAD? -French and SAUDI intelligence

I actually think it would be a bad thing for Osama to be dead OR captured. I fear it would give a false sense of closure. It would give most Americans this sense of the fight being over. They would lose interest and drop their guard and fail to support the work that needs to continue to keep our way of life in the West. This isn't the wild west and the fight will not end just because the marshall shot the bad guy dead or hauled him off to jail. Americans and many Europeans and Kiwis just don't get it. They're so steeped in their own world view that they cannot understand the motivation of this fight and without knowing that they don't understand just how deadly serous this is, for all of us.

I agree with bulldogg. Too many people, not just in America, think the war on terror will be over once bin Laden is dead/captured and that simply isn't true. In my opinion it won't ever truly be over unless we get that ever-wished-for world peace. And like most others, since there's been so many reports of his death over the past couple years or so, I'll believe it when I see the body.

I am even more sceptical than the rest of you. His death has been misreported so many times that I actually believe that he COULD die, and the world would NOT believe the report.

I won't believe he is dead until I PERSONALLY see his body up close, on the slab ... and ... even then, I will have to see so many test results proving his identity that his body would dry up and blow away before they finish all of the tests.

As far as his demise causing a great upheaval, tain't gonna happen. As someone else said ... the command and control has been so scattered amongst his Lieutenants, that it ain't gonna slow them down for even one day. Will they miss him - yes, but the bottom line is that it will NOT even come close to wounding the snake ... let alone killing it.

Back