Bet a Cigar - Page 2

--

January 13th, 2015  
brinktk

I'll take the M4 over the AK any day. I will say the RPG is a really effective weapon and I wish we had something like it at the squad level in the US arsenal. (I guess the Marine SMAW) is close). LAWS and AT4s are nice, but once you use em....that's it.
January 19th, 2015  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinktk
I'll take the M4 over the AK any day. I will say the RPG is a really effective weapon and I wish we had something like it at the squad level in the US arsenal. (I guess the Marine SMAW) is close). LAWS and AT4s are nice, but once you use em....that's it.
This baby solves a lot of issues and it has additional items for all occasions. It is rather heavy and carry the ammunition is an issue. I have read the US Army and the US Marines are issued with this darling...do you have any experience with it, Brinktk?

From Sweden with Love.....
January 20th, 2015  
BritinAfrica

A Royal Marine almost sunk an Argentine ship with one of these Charlie G's 84 during the Falklands invasion.

Good bit of kit but as 13 says very heavy
--
January 20th, 2015  
brinktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
This baby solves a lot of issues and it has additional items for all occasions. It is rather heavy and carry the ammunition is an issue. I have read the US Army and the US Marines are issued with this darling...do you have any experience with it, Brinktk?

From Sweden with Love.....
I don't have any personal experience with them but I do know soldiers that have used them in Afghanistan. They all said great things about it except for its weight.
January 20th, 2015  
Kesse81

Ive fired the Gustav several times.
In Afghanistan it was often used against fortified positions or against personnel in the open. Its a very user-friendly weapon. Very accurate and very effective.
February 11th, 2015  
muscogeemike

Topic: 3.5 Rocket Launcher

Although I never fired one, they were standard issue to the Engr. unit I was assigned to (in Germany) in the mid '60's.