Basic Military Requirements

--

February 20th, 2004  
AmericanGirl

Topic: Basic Military Requirements

In the Navy we have to take the BMR. Im just wondering if you guys in the Army and Marines have to take it to? If you do Im sure its a different version of ours. I'll be done with my BMR in two weeks...then on to the next class...firefighter.
February 20th, 2004  
Redneck

What's the BMR? Is it the same as the BRM? (Basic Rifle Marksmanship)

If so then yes we do. You have to hit 23 of 40 pop-ups on a 300m (I believe it's 500m for the Marines and I think they have more targets as well) range to score Marksman, 30 to score Sharpshooter, and 36 to score Expert and be cool like me.
February 20th, 2004  
AmericanGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
What's the BMR? Is it the same as the BRM? (Basic Rifle Marksmanship)

If so then yes we do. You have to hit 23 of 40 pop-ups on a 300m (I believe it's 500m for the Marines and I think they have more targets as well) range to score Marksman, 30 to score Sharpshooter, and 36 to score Expert and be cool like me.

I am moving your topic to the "Joining The Military?" forum, this is more for questions relating to the board itself.
BMR= Basic Military Requirements.

Its like Navy 101...everything you need to know about the Navy. Your BRM is a Markmanship class, thats a totally different class... sounds like more fun.
--
February 20th, 2004  
Redneck

Sorry, a little slow here this morning, didn't quite connect the title of your topic with the acronym.

I don't know about that (the BMR), so sorry again.
February 20th, 2004  
AmericanGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Sorry, a little slow here this morning, didn't quite connect the title of your topic with the acronym.

I don't know about that (the BMR), so sorry again.
Thanks for clearing that up...I was getting a little worried bout you there for a sec.
February 21st, 2004  
Pogue

I hit 37/40. damn, 1 away from expert
February 21st, 2004  
Redneck

If you got 37 then you did score expert.
February 23rd, 2004  
Seabee

LOL

How is your gruping at 500 yards prone, with a M16A2 ironsight?
February 23rd, 2004  
Redneck

Never fired on a 500m range before, but on the 300m I got 38 of forty pop-up targets with the A2 (not saying anything about grouping there, but I really have no idea what it was, apparently running out on the range to check your targets is the wrong answer ). Kind of funny though, the two I missed were actually the same target, one of the 50m ones. I missed the first shot, threw a hissy because I couldn't believe it and then squeezed of a second one, dang target just wouldn't go down, so there went my perfect score. I should probably work on that pressure thing.
20 rounds in a firing position (standing) and 20 in the prone unsupported, all iron sights.

The grouping we did was on a 25m range firing at a scaled 300m target, we used three-round magazines and had to get four rounds within a circle 4cm in diameter. Me being the amazing example of manliness I am got all six within a 2cm circle.

How about yourself?
March 5th, 2004  
Spoon83

Hey,...

I'm a Swiss Army Sergeant, I was just wondering, what size are these popups you guys shoot on 500 meters?

Greetz